Fan Ownership Working Group

Springburnjag

2 hours ago, scotty said:

Still saying nothing new. Just presenting it with some extra bells and whistles. The Jags Foundation needs to get up and running in order to get fans actually involved.

Eh it says in the video they are launching a website shortly and you can register your interest to be involved 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Eh it says in the video they are launching a website shortly and you can register your interest to be involved 

Shortly is a bit vague. Surely the foundation should be ready to be looking for members? Nothing has moved on in almost a year.

Gary Caldwell would be proud of that presentation. Unfortunately provides little in the way of new information. I'd really like to know where we are on the timeline because very little has moved forward. The result being that nobody is actually being held accountable at the moment. 

30 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Gary Caldwell would be proud of that presentation. Unfortunately provides little in the way of new information. I'd really like to know where we are on the timeline because very little has moved forward. The result being that nobody is actually being held accountable at the moment. 

Drop me a pm if you want any more details, but the ultimate timeline is dependent upon the finalisation of colin weir’s estate, a matter outwith the control of either the working group, or three black cats  

We are confident the jags foundation will be ready and able to accept the shares at that point as a robust membership organisation  

9 minutes ago, jaf said:

Drop me a pm if you want any more details, but the ultimate timeline is dependent upon the finalisation of colin weir’s estate, a matter outwith the control of either the working group, or three black cats  

We are confident the jags foundation will be ready and able to accept the shares at that point as a robust membership organisation 

Only if there are members! Why not have a fans' representative organisation up and running in advance? It will have a role as such even if the shares are not handed over. That way it is not a brand new organisation, still trying to sort out governance etc and will be ready and functioning when the estate is finalised.

11 minutes ago, scotty said:

Only if there are members! Why not have a fans' representative organisation up and running in advance? It will have a role as such even if the shares are not handed over. That way it is not a brand new organisation, still trying to sort out governance etc and will be ready and functioning when the estate is finalised.

It will be up and running well in advance of any share transfer Scotty for each y those reasons  

3 hours ago, jaf said:

What else would you like to know?

Very happy to endeavour to answer any specific questions you have. 

Well for a start i wanna make sure Jacqui Low is nowhere near the club as was originally promised, Other things would be like, if essential funding is required be it stadium repairs/upgrades or a striker to bail us out of the poo who will provide these funds? The other 2 trusts will they disband and fall under the Thistle Foundation?

Gonna take a while before i get onboard because i want to make sure it doesn't transcend into the usual fan run farces of the past.

2 hours ago, scotty said:

The form the membership organisation takes (in terms of corporate governance) will have to be compatible with any requirements set out by 3BC though. Otherwise there will be no transfer of shares and the organisation has no real reason for existing.

Absolutely agree I’d like to see a clearer picture of the membership proposals and initiatives, but that’s exactly what the video has said will be done once they’re in a position to do things right in terms of GDPR.

These things take time to do right and the same folk would be the first to complain if the new organisation had a data breach or incurred lots of unnecessary administrative expense in its early months, or if it launched a membership scheme that was then changed drastically when the shares were ready to be transferred.

1 hour ago, Woodstock Jag said:

The form the membership organisation takes (in terms of corporate governance) will have to be compatible with any requirements set out by 3BC though. Otherwise there will be no transfer of shares and the organisation has no real reason for existing.

Absolutely agree I’d like to see a clearer picture of the membership proposals and initiatives, but that’s exactly what the video has said will be done once they’re in a position to do things right in terms of GDPR.

These things take time to do right and the same folk would be the first to complain if the new organisation had a data breach or incurred lots of unnecessary administrative expense in its early months, or if it launched a membership scheme that was then changed drastically when the shares were ready to be transferred.

The oracle is back ... :worship: 

Edited by gianlucatoni
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

So, are you saying that 3BC will decide how the fans' organisation is set up and run and not the fans themselves?

6 minutes ago, scotty said:

So, are you saying that 3BC will decide how the fans' organisation is set up and run and not the fans themselves?

I’m saying the reality is they will have a view on aspects of the corporate governance structure and will want that reflected before they transfer the shares.

There’s nothing inherently objectionable about that. It’s their shares. They’re entitled to want certain assurances about what will happen before, let’s remember... gifting a majority shareholding.

23 hours ago, jaf said:

Sounds promising jaf

22 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Well for a start i wanna make sure Jacqui Low is nowhere near the club as was originally promised, Other things would be like, if essential funding is required be it stadium repairs/upgrades or a striker to bail us out of the poo who will provide these funds? The other 2 trusts will they disband and fall under the Thistle Foundation?

Gonna take a while before i get onboard because i want to make sure it doesn't transcend into the usual fan run farces of the past.

How do you achieve that. It is only fair that the positions on the board/governance bodies are open to all fans. If Ms Low wants to apply through the normal channels and has the backing of enough supporters then she must be allowed to take over in whatever capacity she is voted to. We can't go blacklisting some supporters from official positions just because some people don't like them.

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

How do you achieve that. It is only fair that the positions on the board/governance bodies are open to all fans. If Ms Low wants to apply through the normal channels and has the backing of enough supporters then she must be allowed to take over in whatever capacity she is voted to. We can't go blacklisting some supporters from official positions just because some people don't like them.

I am quietly confident she will be long gone and will be voted right out the door asap in a fans vote.

Edited to add, knowing how toxic she is among a large part of the fanbase and her ego she will no doubt put herself forward to piss as many off as possible.

Edited by Pinhead

On 1/3/2021 at 6:26 PM, One t in Scotland said:

'A common misconception is fans will be picking the team' - is there anybody who admits to thinking that in order to justify that nonsense statement?

Right I’m out, I thought I’d get to pick the team at least once over next few seasons. I have been working on some fantastic set-ups and tactics based on a Championship Manager 91 save I have.  It’s very unorfodox but entertaining, especially with Klinsman and Linekar as the middle of my 5 (Yes five) front line

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think that you have to look at the Foundation of Hearts (FC) for how something like this could be run successfully - with almost 8000 members - they are approaching the £12 million mark input to club funds since it started. All other trusts and fan bodies were incorporated under the FoH banner a number of years ago.

Whilst we are not on the same scale of fan base as the JT, the running of FoH is something that might warrant some investigation - just £20k pledged per month to the TJF would still put a substantial sum into the clubs coffers per annum.