Fan Ownership Working Group

Springburnjag

On 9/6/2020 at 11:59 AM, KemoAvdiu said:

Having the most appearances for a club doesn’t make you a good candidate to be a director of that club. Being a goalkeeper and being a director are slightly different things. 

And you are allowed to criticise the reappointment of someone who you think isn’t well-suited to fulfilling a director’s responsibilities without having the name and CV of someone you think should be appointed instead.

Sure you can criticize, but it's so easy, isn't it? 

• 4 weeks later...

Just to move the negativity from on the pitch to off it I see that we did get objective 1 done (although it was late) but no sign of the next 2 . Come on guys we need better!

“The group is tasked with three initial aims, all with delivery deadlines:

• to seek agreement from fans on a name for the new entity as soon as possible, identifying a method then beginning consultations from September 7th – 18th, with announcement on 21st September; this period will also mark the start of explaining the concept of fan ownership to allow fans to make informed decisions as things progress;
  • immediately identify a timetable/schedule of actions between now and the shares/land transfer. This will be done with deadline dates and will be shared with fans by 23rd September;
  • and, in parallel, finalise the proposed model for fan ownership and begin consultation with the fans on it no later than 16th October.

20 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Just to move the negativity from on the pitch to off it I see that we did get objective 1 done (although it was late) but no sign of the next 2 . Come on guys we need better!

“The group is tasked with three initial aims, all with delivery deadlines:

• to seek agreement from fans on a name for the new entity as soon as possible, identifying a method then beginning consultations from September 7th – 18th, with announcement on 21st September; this period will also mark the start of explaining the concept of fan ownership to allow fans to make informed decisions as things progress;
  • immediately identify a timetable/schedule of actions between now and the shares/land transfer. This will be done with deadline dates and will be shared with fans by 23rd September;
  • and, in parallel, finalise the proposed model for fan ownership and begin consultation with the fans on it no later than 16th October.

Did you really expect anything better? 

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Did you receive a response FT

Of course he didn't! The whole thing is a joke. If that shambles are gonna be involved in running our club we may as well turn the lights out now, bad enough with Fuhrer Jacqui at the helm without her and them in charge - God help us!!!

Edited by Pinhead
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Did you receive a response FT

Yes and No.

I sent e-mails to the club chair and the working group. I have, at the moment, not received a reply from those.

However, I did get a message here from a member of the working group. I won't say who to avoid him having to become an unofficial spokesman.

The main point of the message was that there is work currently going on behind the scenes which will soon be put out to a wider audience.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Yes and No.

I sent e-mails to the club chair and the working group. I have, at the moment, not received a reply from those.

However, I did get a message here from a member of the working group. I won't say who to avoid him having to become an unofficial spokesman.

The main point of the message was that there is work currently going on behind the scenes which will soon be put out to a wider audience.

Thanks FT

45 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Not a great deal of substance in that article. Two things we need to know are what they have done so far and what are they proposing to do next.

So far, they have offered fans a choice of name and counted the votes. They have also drafted a document detailing options for how The Jags Foundation could operate and how it might exercise its role as majority shareholder in the Club. This document has been circulated to the Working Group's own sub-committees.

Next step is to answer fans questions in the next three programme articles.

Doesn't fill me with confidence tbh.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, scotty said:

Which fools are those? All thistle fans or just the ones you don't like?

Basically the ones running it, It is the Jags Trust in a whole new guise and once it happens i look forward to coming back to you within hmm i will be over generous and say 10 years and say i told you so that it would be an abject failure. Christ the initial funding promised donations only reached a couple of hundred and that is when there was momentum and we had Chen Lee sniffing around. There is little to no appetite for being fan owned and the way the working group have faffed around since the start and got nowhere and lied about Lowe & Rough never returning, to then champion it with trumpets does not fill with optimism one bit.