QoS vs Partick Thistle - Saturday 7 December

jagfox

Oh well, once more unto the breach. Dumfries beckons and normally not a destination that holds too many fears. A good away day and a reasonable record football wise for the Jags.

However in our current fugue even a point would be welcome. 

The question McCall and ourselves will be asking is how do we get a positive result back up the road?

Three at the back, pack the midfield and play with two up front would be my choice.

I'd start Fox in goals if fit. In front would be a combination of Hall, Saunders and McGinty. Kakay and Penrice at wing back.

In the middle I'd go back to Palmer, Cole and Slater. 

Up front Miller and either Cardle or even Mansell.

I don't see another 3-0 win but any win will do 

QoS 1 (Dobbie) Thistle 2 (Miller, Cardle)

Att: 1759

Edited by jagfox

I would have thought we'll go 3 at the back as well but the more interesting part might be who plays in the middle. It'll probably be Hall-Saunders-McGinty but Ithink it might be time to try Penrice in the centre of defence and put robson at left back. If Fox is fit I would start him.

I suspect we'll start with the following

Fox (if fit)

Kakay-Hall-Saunders-McGinty-Penrice

Cole-Bannigan-Palmer

Miller-Zannata

I would prefer to try the following.

Fox

Kakay-Saunders-Penrice-McGinty-Robson

Slater-Palmer-Cole-Bannigan

Miller

Its a bit defensive but at least if we're behind we have options in Zanatta and Cardle on the bench that could change the game at a later stage.

Good on you - I hope you are proven very wrong!

To be honest though, leaving last Saturday's disaster aside, at this stage last season I felt that even a dud like Caldwell (and I was one of his greatest critics from day 1) could probably do enough in the January window to avoid relegation; I never thought at any point we were going down. Sh1te football, but not going down.

It would be strange not to believe that, at the very  least, McCall couldn't achieve the same. Alloa are much weaker than they were (having lost Goodwin, and I think that is now beginning to tell) and Morton aren't exactly setting the heather on fire. If only some of the hype from the OS is to be believed, McCall will be 'supported' in January.

Given a good clear-out in a few weeks, I still don't think we'll go down. 

4 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

To be honest though, leaving last Saturday's disaster aside, at this stage last season I felt that even a dud like Caldwell (and I was one of his greatest critics from day 1) could probably do enough in the January window to avoid relegation; I never thought at any point we were going down. Sh1te football, but not going down.

It would be strange not to believe that, at the very  least, McCall couldn't achieve the same. Alloa are much weaker than they were (having lost Goodwin, and I think that is now beginning to tell) and Morton aren't exactly setting the heather on fire. If only some of the hype from the OS is to be believed, McCall will be 'supported' in January.

The clear out? Who do we let go? There is no shortage of choices. Not one player has deserved being kept on.

1 hour ago, Semi Nurainen said:

I was kind of the same last season. I always thought we would get out of it and was never too worried.

This season I'm completely different. I think we're rubber ducked.