Partick Thistle vs ICT - Saturday 14 December

jagfox

It certainly isn't pretty to watch but another massive three points.

Glorious touch and finish by Jones. Cole good again. Saunders my pick for MOTM, had a fantastic game.

Yes, there are plenty negatives but I think I'm just going to enjoy the victory for now.

ETA. Forgot about Harkins' pass for the third. Wonderful.

Edited by Jag

2 hours ago, skipper said:

Cannot get live test on the BBC Site either. Only our match is affected. Frustrating when 200 miles out at sea.

That'll be the BBC website that if you follow the link to todays match, has the full-time score as 2-0 and our scorers as Erskine and Amoo! It's the report from August 2016 to be fair but a trip through time!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I thought we deserved the win today. Ridgers had to make a few good saves while Fox had a couple of saves. Saunders and O’Ware were fairly comfortable and Williamson and Penrice had decent games too. 
Wasn’t sure what Harkins was meant to be doing when he came on, but he contributed to the win, which should have been more comfortable.Everybody played a part.

I think that the technical term for Harkins’ role is “False Number 9”.

8 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

3) The angle from which Zanatta rolled the ball into the empty goal was even tighter than the one from which Mo Salah scored for Liverpool against Salzburg earlier this week.

That'll be the first and last time Zanatta is ever mentioned in the same sentence as Salah!

16 minutes ago, Jag said:

Glorious touch and finish by Jones. Cole good again. Saunders my pick for MOTM, had a fantastic game.

Yes, there are plenty negatives but I think I'm just going to enjoy the victory for now.

Totally agree with you. I thought Saunders was brilliant today.

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Yah beauty!!!!

Just in............from doing the Christmas shopping in the Western Balkans. What a lift that is!!

A Happy Jaggy Saturday night to everyone on here, and look forward to seeing you all at Firhill next Saturday (BA permitting).

Travelling up from Corby next week for the game.

Can't wait for a pint in the Woodside and a Thistle win.

43 minutes ago, Jag said:

I thought it was beautiful. Some great moves first half and some great defending and breakaway second half.

I'm not sure what you're expecting but that's as good as it's been in a few years.

• Like 2

Every player worked really hard today and harried ICT relentlessly, right up to the final whistle.

Wonderful energy from the whole team and they played for each other and looked much more like a coherent team than previously.

A wee mention for Foxy, who had a couple of really good stops today to keep us in the game.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I thought it was beautiful. Some great moves first half and some great defending and breakaway second half.

I'm not sure what you're expecting but that's as good as it's been in a few years.

Second half, I agree (first half was woeful). I thought we were good- on top of the goals there was cole hitting the post and an even better pass by Harkins to Kakay. There was a lovely pass by Baningan behind the back also.  I thought we were deserved winners

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

3 things about Zanatta’s goal

1) Created by Harkins’ pace in getting first to the ball, and then a neat pass.

2) Zanatta arrived at the ball just before the goalkeeper who I am sure got a touch on Zanatta. In previous weeks Dario would have tumbled to the ground theatrically and probably attracted a booking. 

3) The angle from which Zanatta rolled the ball into the empty goal was even tighter than the one from which Mo Salah scored for Liverpool against Salzburg earlier this week.

Agree with you regard Zanatta. Lets hope he got the message. Don't dive. Not sure if the ICT player who got booked for diving in the box in the first half dived.

29 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Second half, I agree (first half was woeful). I thought we were good- on top of the goals there was cole hitting the post and an even better pass by Harkins to Kakay. There was a lovely pass by Baningan behind the back also.  I thought we were deserved winners

First half we had some nice yet fruitless moves. Aesthetically pleasing at the time, imo.

30 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

Great result today ..Felt as if it was a carry on from Dumfries last week..The only comment I can make is who does Foxy not come off his line and command his area. ..If. I am sitting in the J.h.s. and seeing him rooted to the spot at corners why can't the management not see..

Totally agree. This is such a weak aspect of his game. Sneddon at QOS last week commanded his box much better and came off his line for crosses. I don;t think the ICT goal would have gone in if Foxy had come for the cross initially.

Some great saves today, mind.

Edited by westertonjagfan

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree with you regard Zanatta. Lets hope he got the message. Don't dive. Not sure if the ICT player who got booked for diving in the box in the first half dived.

Total dive. Threw himself against the defender and jacknifed. Great piece of refereeing. The constant diving and moaning at every possible opportunity by Inverness was frankly pathetic and I'm so glad we pumped them. 

Cole and Bannigan ran the show today. Best game in a Jags jersey from Saunders. Special mention for Williamson,not a fan, but played well today. Still thought we sat too deep after taking the lead. But unusually we created numerous chances on the break. Only selfishness from Zannata stopped us going 3-1 earlier, but at least he made up with a stunning finish at the death.

Get in Jags. Really chuffed with the attitude today. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Muscat Jag said:

Total dive. Threw himself against the defender and jacknifed. Great piece of refereeing. The constant diving and moaning at every possible opportunity by Inverness was frankly pathetic and I'm so glad we pumped them. 

Cole and Bannigan ran the show today. Best game in a Jags jersey from Saunders. Special mention for Williamson,not a fan, but played well today. Still thought we sat too deep after taking the lead. But unusually we created numerous chances on the break. Only selfishness from Zannata stopped us going 3-1 earlier, but at least he made up with a stunning finish at the death.

Get in Jags. Really chuffed with the attitude today. 

Thanks MJ, hard to tell from my view in the John Lambie stand.

Couldn't make the game today but good to hear of some great performances, a better attitude all round, and some sublime passes from Gary Hankins.  Can some confirm this for me...or did I just have a bad dream, but didn't Gary Harkins come to Firhill a number of years back in  a Dundee team  that played us off the park with some of the best football I've seen at Firhill. IIRC it was something like 0-4 before the game was abandoned, for snow I think, or did that never happen?

4 minutes ago, Harrybriscoe said:

Couldn't make the game today but good to hear of some great performances, a better attitude all round, and some sublime passes from Gary Hankins.  Can some confirm this for me...or did I just have a bad dream, but didn't Gary Harkins come to Firhill a number of years back in  a Dundee team  that played us off the park with some of the best football I've seen at Firhill. IIRC it was something like 0-4 before the game was abandoned, for snow I think, or did that never happen?

It wasn’t abandoned ....might have been 4-1 though?