Steven Saunders scores v Inverness C.T. 14.12.2019

Camallain

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Can't agree there, BR.  We've four centrebacks and I'm not even sure he's the best of a dodgy four. I'd support that by pointing out he's hardly a first choice.

Really? I think he always looks our best CB. At least he attacks the ball unlike some of the others

9 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Can't agree there, BR.  We've four centrebacks and I'm not even sure he's the best of a dodgy four. I'd support that by pointing out he's hardly a first choice.

That pairing could well be first choice now. Would certainly be mine.

Saunders would have been my MotM yesterday even without the goal. Has hopefully got overhis poor/inconsistent spell and back to previous good form. Caldwell era did him no favours.

11 hours ago, rustic said:

That pairing could well be first choice now. Would certainly be mine.

Saunders would have been my MotM yesterday even without the goal. Has hopefully got overhis poor/inconsistent spell and back to previous good form. Caldwell era did him no favours.

I am sure that a range of pros and cons could be presented for all 4 first team squad centre backs. However 2 facts are beyond argument:

1) Saunders has the best eye for goal and for being in the right place to apply the finish.

2) McGinty has the best eye for getting closest to the fans and clapping them at the end of a game no matter how well or badly he personally or the rest of the team may have played.

Taking others' views on board but I still believe Saunders has offered little in the 12 months he's been with us. That in no way should be interpreted as any sort of  favourable endorsement re our other three centrebacks. I'm sure he's an honest pro and, had it not been for replying to a previous comment, I certainly wouldn't be singling Saunders out for particular criticism. 

Put a slightly different way I'd be worried if come February our best centreback pairing is Saunders/O'Ware. Slightly less worried if we bring in a strong anchor in midfield but still concerned all the same.

4 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Taking others' views on board but I still believe Saunders has offered little in the 12 months he's been with us. That in no way should be interpreted as any sort of  favourable endorsement re our other three centrebacks. I'm sure he's an honest pro and, had it not been for replying to a previous comment, I certainly wouldn't be singling Saunders out for particular criticism. 

Put a slightly different way I'd be worried if come February our best centreback pairing is Saunders/O'Ware. Slightly less worried if we bring in a strong anchor in midfield but still concerned all the same.

Let’s see how he develops under McCall. The manager is having an effect on most of the under performers.

There could be a footballer in there somewhere.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 7:59 PM, Barney Rubble said:

What the AF was Kenny Miller doing when the corner arrived at him?

It was a strange corner. Seemed to go very high and come down straight, so I suspect that the wind played a big part. Because of that, Miller misjudged the flight, realised it was not going to come to his head, so just stuck out a foot (the defender marking him was also confused). Luckily it broke nicely for Saunders.