Selling Thistle tickets to Celtic fans DISGRACE

Bobbyhouston

I can't understand why this has occurred..

Its a simple thing to have a registration period to buy tickets online during the off season.. As soon as the season starts.. registration closes.. Those who didn't register need to make the trip to Firhill to buy tickets...

The club should be going all out to get supporters emails etc anyway. 

51 minutes ago, dougie247 said:

I can't understand why this has occurred..

Its a simple thing to have a registration period to buy tickets online during the off season.. As soon as the season starts.. registration closes.. Those who didn't register need to make the trip to Firhill to buy tickets...

The club should be going all out to get supporters emails etc anyway. 

Let’s be honest there have been multiple initiatives over the year where the club must have brought together a substantial database of fans details.

RealScottishFootball

TAG

Season Tickets

Meet the manager / board nights

Jagszone

Ticketing site

We only have a few thousand fans it shouldn’t be rocket science to keep the list up to date (and GDPR compliant).

31 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Personally I've no issue with it if they behave themselves - same goes for any supporters, including our own. If Thistle fans aren't buying the tickets, surely better that the club receives revenue from Celtic fans? As long as they behave themselves. 

You do have a point. It does tho' make a mockery of having strict segregation at recent Jags games such as at Montrose.

44 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Personally I've no issue with it if they behave themselves - same goes for any supporters, including our own. If Thistle fans aren't buying the tickets, surely better that the club receives revenue from Celtic fans? As long as they behave themselves. 

If Celtic fans could behave themselves they wouldn’t have smashed seats at most grounds they visit, wouldn’t have to use their own stewards (due to safety issues for own clubs stewards), wouldn’t be banned from the main stand at Firhill, wouldn’t be having areas of Parkhead closed down, wouldn’t have Celtic getting punished regularly from UEFA.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

If Celtic fans could behave themselves they wouldn’t have smashed seats at most grounds they visit, wouldn’t have to use their own stewards (due to safety issues for own clubs stewards), wouldn’t be banned from the main stand at Firhill, wouldn’t be having areas of Parkhead closed down, wouldn’t have Celtic getting punished regularly from UEFA.

Greatest fans in the world though! :censor:

18 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

You do have a point. It does tho' make a mockery of having strict segregation at recent Jags games such as at Montrose.

Yep, totally agree with that. It can create a better atmosphere having segregation, but can also fuel trouble. If my pal was a Celtic fan & we wanted to sit next to each other on Saturday, where would the issue be in that? You pays your money... 

12 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Yep, totally agree with that. It can create a better atmosphere having segregation, but can also fuel trouble. If my pal was a Celtic fan & we wanted to sit next to each other on Saturday, where would the issue be in that? You pays your money... 

I thankfully do not have that conundrum!

• Like 1

I may have missed a step here ….. but as a ST holder should I not get an email from the club outlining the fact that my seat in the JH stand is not available for the sellik game and be offered a chance to buy a seat in the Main Stand [the email should have link to the ticket office website] I know my ST does not cover Scottish cup games, but is it not the norm to be informed by letter or email if the seat you normally sit in is not available? …. simply as a courtesy?

Anyway, the fact is I didn't get a mail, I hope when the club has more of a fan ownership we might get better communications from the ticket office.

I phoned firhill today saying I had tickets for the  m section of the ground 

And what will happen with so called celtic fans inside the thistle end 

He said the police will throw out any Celtic fans they noticed 

And we can sit in any part of the colin weir  stand. 

When we played Sevco a couple of years ago, i think it was the one they scored in extra time, i was in the Colin Weir Stand and in front of me was a guy celebrating i lost and said "Can you not go over there" pointing to the Sevco end he turned round and gave me what for with foul mouthed abuse and the guy with him who was a jags fan gave me what for too, so not too sure why iam going but lesson learned if this happens again i will just be going to a steward. 

Don't know if this helps or hinders , but I bought a couple of tickets last week and ,even as an ST holder , JH stand wasn't available . The lady wouldn't/couldn't look me in the eye when I asked if I was in my normal seat . In my opinion it's better to put them and other cheek followers in JH . Some idiot set off a smoke bomb thingy v Dundee Utd , so imagine the carnage if that lot were let loose in a wooden stand .  With them , it's all about history and tradition until it comes to somebody else's . And keep them in until 15 minutes after full time to let normal folk go about their business . And just win !

7 hours ago, 1876 said:

I phoned firhill today saying I had tickets for the  m section of the ground 

And what will happen with so called celtic fans inside the thistle end 

He said the police will throw out any Celtic fans they noticed 

And we can sit in any part of the colin weir  stand. 

So Celtic fans could be sitting anywhere as well???

8 hours ago, kevin energy said:

When we played Sevco a couple of years ago, i think it was the one they scored in extra time, i was in the Colin Weir Stand and in front of me was a guy celebrating i lost and said "Can you not go over there" pointing to the Sevco end he turned round and gave me what for with foul mouthed abuse and the guy with him who was a jags fan gave me what for too, so not too sure why iam going but lesson learned if this happens again i will just be going to a steward. 

I too would have been offended if you suggested that my guest at a game should move to another seat.  The biggest disappointment for me is that my club insists that I give up my season ticket  seat when the Old Firm visit. Small club mentality.

I have a mate and he supports Rangers and his son follows Ayr.  I've had them at Firhill and they've returned the hospitality down at Ayr and we've never had a problem.

Why does a guy celebrating a goal for his team upset you so much? It's only a game of fitba'. It's a sad world when you can't go to a game with your mate.

On occasion I've found myself instinctively applauding a fantastic piece of skill from an opposing player. Maybe I should move to the away end for my crime.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harrybriscoe said:

I too would have been offended if you suggested that my guest at a game should move to another seat.  The biggest disappointment for me is that my club insists that I give up my season ticket  seat when the Old Firm visit. Small club mentality.

I have a mate and he supports Rangers and his son follows Ayr.  I've had them at Firhill and they've returned the hospitality down at Ayr and we've never had a problem.

Why does a guy celebrating a goal for his team upset you so much? It's only a game of fitba'. It's a sad world when you can't go to a game with your mate.

On occasion I've found myself instinctively applauding a fantastic piece of skill from an opposing player. Maybe I should move to the away end for my crime.  

Rugby fan ^

• Like 1

Agree wi

1 hour ago, Harrybriscoe said:

I totally agree with the sentiment of this post.

You are clearly a decent person who enjoys watching football.

I regularly  watch my sons playing boys club football and quite often applaud or congratulate the opposition if they score/ produce a skillful piece of play.  I am usually alone in doing so and often get looks and comments from other parents. Sad times.

Unfortunately,  the mentality of Scottish supporters is that  every game is a battle and the opposition and their supporters are the enemy. It is win at all costs and this permeates down through all levels of the game and is a contributing factor as to why our skill levels and success rates  are well below  that of other countries.

i

It's the typically OF attitude.  Hate the other team more than you love your own team.

Club released a statement saying Celtic fans will be refused entry.  I don't much like the club's approach to these games but that's about all they can do when offering tickets for sale online.  Suggesting fan registration at the start of the season, having to go to Firhill for tickets, showing yer Thistle tattoo to get a ticket are all daft ideas when clubs are desperate to attract more punters.  

4 minutes ago, Paulo said:

It's the typically OF attitude.  Hate the other team more than you love your own team.

Club released a statement saying Celtic fans will be refused entry.  I don't much like the club's approach to these games but that's about all they can do when offering tickets for sale online.  Suggesting fan registration at the start of the season, having to go to Firhill for tickets, showing yer Thistle tattoo to get a ticket are all daft ideas when clubs are desperate to attract more punters.  

What is the point of the whole event? To try to win a competitive game of football? Or just to make a sum of money which will be of uncertain benefit?

4 hours ago, Harrybriscoe said:

what about getting yourself another mate 

• Confused 1

We should ask every fan walking through the gates the two scorer in the 2-0 win v Falkirk to take us up, or who scored the winning goal away to airdrie in the season to take us up, weed out the thistle fans from the septic fans. No shame on turning them away, if they wanted a ticket should’ve bought earlier n got one for the 80% of the stand theyre allocated.