Friday Fright Night? - Thistle vs Ayr

jagfox

50 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

It was just as bad with McParland. I went to a Scottish League versus, I think but not sure, Irish League match at Hampden. 

Davie Wilson of Rangers was the first choice left winger for Scotland at the time but was not at his best. A good game  and McParland was in! 

The left half was Jim Baxter of Rangers. He was dreadful in that game and nearly all of his passes to McParland on the left wing were over hit and Davie couldn't get to them. 

As I had never seen Baxter pass the ball so badly I thought it was deliberate to protect his pal Wilson's Scotland place. There were quite a few comments in the press along these lines and especially about Davie getting another chance. Davie, being the gentleman he was, accepted responsibility and commented 'he felt a yard slow on the night'! I completely lost respect for Baxter after that game. 

Some time later my father, a Morton fan and a pal of Davie, told me my suspicions were correct! He  worked all his life in the newspapers  and pick up lots of bits of 'inside' information but he wouldn't tell me his source other than it came from Ibrox!! 

A blind man could have seen what Baxter was up to but not the SFA.  I suspect they knew but didn't want to take on the mighty Glasgow Rangers by dropping Wilson. 

Apologies for length of post. 

I'd heard that before too. Totally believe it.

1 hour ago, Semi Nurainen said:

With the possible exception of Rodden for Zanatta, probably our strongest side. Still waiting for the warm glow to kick in …

Beginning to get it now; either that or I've p1shed myself.

Graham hustling to win the free kick form which he pops it in. What we've lacked.

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Not enthused with both Zanata & Cardle starting tho' not sure who should be in for one of them. Saunders not in the squad tho I suppose either full back could move inside if called on.

I thought the same when I saw the team sheet, but they have been 2 of our best players. Humble pie being consumed!