Coronavirus: Is it just me?

Jaggernaut

Influenza kills thousands of people worldwide every year, usually in winter, and usually the victims are old and frail, or those who already have some health issues.

Why then is the whole world apparently going bananas over the latest outbreak, which certainly appears to be no more dangerous than any other influenza, with most normal, healthy people fully recovering within a couple of days? I can't help but think that the whole "panic" has been carefully orchestrated by some powers to distract the public's attention from some other serious situations.

On a much lower scale, remember Tony Blair sending tanks to surround Heathrow or Gatwick airport because of a "very serious and credible" security threat? The "threat" was never made known, but the media played along with it, of course. Clearly fake news, designed to keep the public from knowing something else.

I modestly suggest something similar is going on with the wall-to-wall coverage of millions of people wearing face masks, mass "incarceration", travel restrictions, quarantine.... all pointing the finger at China. Hmm, interesting.

Edited by Jaggernaut
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

In winter it's quite common for people to wear face masks if they think they have a cold, as they don't want to infect other people. But panic buying as a result of the coronavirus outbreak has led to a shortage in the shops, which in turn has led to some ingenious solutions, such as this girl finding a new use for an old bra.

ESL7AJ_UUAEH-kc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Trying to make sense of the latest announcement, as due to travel to Scotland next month.

Are the Government saying that you will not require a Covid passport from 6th Dec unless it all kicks off again and they change their minds? Just need a LFT from 6th Dec. 

I thought that was the case but Glenn Campbell of the BBC seems to see it differently. He thinks you need a LFT and a passport for venues that currently require one.

On 11/23/2021 at 6:24 PM, CotterJag said:

Trying to make sense of the latest announcement, as due to travel to Scotland next month.

Are the Government saying that you will not require a Covid passport from 6th Dec unless it all kicks off again and they change their minds? Just need a LFT from 6th Dec. 

I thought that was the case but Glenn Campbell of the BBC seems to see it differently. He thinks you need a LFT and a passport for venues that currently require one.

Hi CJ, hope you and the family are well. After watching a number of political shows including the FM's coronavirus update today, i would say that from 6th Dec it is either a covid passport or LFT. Of course with the new variant it could all change. Hope you manage to get Scotland and have a good time.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Hi CJ, hope you and the family are well. After watching a number of political shows including the FM's coronavirus update today, i would say that from 6th Dec it is either a covid passport or LFT. Of course with the new variant it could all change. Hope you manage to get Scotland and have a good time.

Thanks AJ. Up with a friend on the weekend of the Raith game to see a couple of bands and of course the mighty Jags.

Then hopefully up with my Brother and young nephew for his first ever game between Xmas and New Year.

Here's hoping.

On 11/30/2021 at 10:03 PM, CotterJag said:

Thanks AJ. Up with a friend on the weekend of the Raith game to see a couple of bands and of course the mighty Jags.

Then hopefully up with my Brother and young nephew for his first ever game between Xmas and New Year.

Here's hoping.

If you are in the John Lambie stand come and say hello. I always stand in the front just behind the goal. Always good to meet fellow forum users.

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

If you are in the John Lambie stand come and say hello. I always stand in the front just behind the goal. Always good to meet fellow forum users.

Sounds good AJ.

Have a season ticket next to my Uncle in the JH stand but be good to say hello before the KO.

Will send you a message nearer the time.

Usually go to the Woodside for a beer before the game but the nephew is only 7.........

Cheers

Cotter

22 hours ago, CotterJag said:

Sounds good AJ.

Have a season ticket next to my Uncle in the JH stand but be good to say hello before the KO.

Will send you a message nearer the time.

Usually go to the Woodside for a beer before the game but the nephew is only 7.........

Cheers

Cotter

Look forward to it. :thumbsup2:

• 6 months later...

The new normal is a status seemingly derived from economic necessity. The number of cases at the moment is concerning, even without community wide testing.

In order to maintain continuity of production, my work still has strict protocols in place. Mandatory mask wearing etc.. We also test twice every week. Twenty four new cases last week, approx twelve percent of the workforce.

Because of frequent testing, I believe that I am one of the estimated ten percent of the population yet to catch Covid. I am vulnerable to its effects so I hope that continues to be the case.

With the less favourable autumn month on the horizon, I fear it will get worse.