McCall

Garscube Road End

4 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

I don’t recall a single fan objecting when we signed Lyons, Rudden and Murray.  He can’t generally be blamed for Rudden being so injury prone or Lyons and Murray being largely disappointing 

Not being pedantic, Ian McCall signed these players, Lyons for whatever reason hasn’t played even although the player proved he could play at that level last year with Montrose.

Conor Murray hasn’t shown anything hardly as you quite rightly say .

Zak Rudden hasn’t played any football for the last 2 years so if you want to hit the ground running that wasn’t the best choice.

We’ve still got the same problems now that we had 2 years ago , no goal threat , no pace in the team and in my opinion a decent experienced goalkeeper.

At our level, we should be looking for a manager to improve players and get more out of them .

I’m struggling to think of any player ( Sena apart ) who I think has improved.

Edited by jlsarmy

7 hours ago, exiledjag said:

When the Leagues were stopped (and we were subsequently demoted) I am pretty sure QOS were 2 points above us in 9th place having played one game more than us! 

In other words we were in bottom place, 2 points behind our nearest rivals, but with a game in hand!! 

Sorry, I was meaning this season. I was keen to know where they were sitting when League One was stopped in January as they're being held up as an example of how easy it is to put a team together and get it playing well immediately. 

Had the championship been shut down at the same time as our league, I get the feeling that QOTS wouldn't be the team being used as an example. 

They were afforded the time to play themselves into form and for their team to gel. A luxury not afforded to Thistle and McCall

10 hours ago, exiledjag said:

As this thread seems to be fairly active I would like to put a plug in for the Limited Edition Jersey! 

Please go to the Limited Edition Jersey thread and read my comments at the end of P2? 

Got mine today and really like it! 

Cheers All

Did you design it, or something? :D

On 3/2/2021 at 6:23 AM, redandyellowallover said:

Sorry, I was meaning this season. I was keen to know where they were sitting when League One was stopped in January as they're being held up as an example of how easy it is to put a team together and get it playing well immediately. 

Had the championship been shut down at the same time as our league, I get the feeling that QOTS wouldn't be the team being used as an example. 

They were afforded the time to play themselves into form and for their team to gel. A luxury not afforded to Thistle and McCall

Sorry I clearly misunderstood your post! 

From memory I think QotS were in the bottom 3 of the Championship when the Lower Leagues were suspended. I think Alloa were bottom and Arbroath & Queens made up the other two at the bottom. Since then Queens have had a string of good results to get up the League and challenge for a play-off position. 

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

Sorry I clearly misunderstood your post! 

From memory I think QotS were in the bottom 3 of the Championship when the Lower Leagues were suspended. I think Alloa were bottom and Arbroath & Queens made up the other two at the bottom. Since then Queens have had a string of good results to get up the League and challenge for a play-off position. 

Arbroath have had a string of good results too, as they have moved up a number of places in the table too

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2021 at 10:58 AM, Third Lanark said:

Arbroath have had a string of good results too, as they have moved up a number of places in the table too

Sorry, just noticed your comment. 

Yes you are correct Arbroath have also, like QoS, achieved some good if unexpected results. I notice though that although clear of bottom club Alloa they have fallen back a bit in recent weeks. QoS appear to have been a little bit  better in sustaining their good results. 

Football is forever unpredictable. From what I saw last season I thought Arbroath were a decent looking team and expected much the same this year. 

Who would have predicted for this season  the shambles that is Celtic FC or the implosion that is Sheffield Utd. 

I have sympathy for the latter and consider the former good karma! 

2 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Sorry, just noticed your comment. 

Yes you are correct Arbroath have also, like QoS, achieved some good if unexpected results. I notice though that although clear of bottom club Alloa they have fallen back a bit in recent weeks. QoS appear to have been a little bit  better in sustaining their good results. 

Football is forever unpredictable. From what I saw last season I thought Arbroath were a decent looking team and expected much the same this year. 

Who would have predicted for this season  the shambles that is Celtic FC or the implosion that is Sheffield Utd. 

I have sympathy for the latter and consider the former good karma! 

I have no sympathy for any club other than Thistle. Hell mend the lot of them.