New ticket system

scotty

8 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Season ticket holders have to apply for a new season ticket, either to download a QR code to a smartphone or collect from office. 

How do season ticket holders know if the club has an e-mail address for them or if they need to contact the office? Wait!

3 minutes ago, scotty said:

How do season ticket holders know if the club has an e-mail address for them or if they need to contact the office? Wait!

My Dad hasn’t had a mail. I asked the club on FB and they said he’d get one and to download to his smartphone.

My Dads 79 the only thing smart about his phone is that it bleeps loudly if it’s not put back in it’s charging dock in the house.

They said he should go down to the office to get a new one, but his existing should work tomorrow 

3 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

My Dad hasn’t had a mail. I asked the club on FB and they said he’d get one and to download to his smartphone.

My Dads 79 the only thing smart about his phone is that it bleeps loudly if it’s not put back in it’s charging dock in the house.

They said he should go down to the office to get a new one, but his existing should work tomorrow 

I've not had an e-mail either (never mind 2!) What worries me is how the club are communicating this change. Seems like the season tickets aren't going to work after tomorrow's game. It's the things they're not saying that concern me.  Like,  will the office be open up untill kick-off the following Tuesday? PTFC just don't do the electronic age very well.

Have downloaded the new app. Very exciting but I can't get in. I don't have a username as I'm not a season ticket holder. There is no way to register a new account. Therefore the only people that can buy tickets are those that already have a ticket. Well, they had a ticket but it's going to stop working soon.

Oh dear, it's all so Thistle

13 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

I don't have a smartphone either. Phone call to Firhill tomorrow then.

2 minutes ago, scotty said:

I've not had an e-mail either (never mind 2!) What worries me is how the club are communicating this change. Seems like the season tickets aren't going to work after tomorrow's game. It's the things they're not saying that concern me.  Like,  will the office be open up untill kick-off the following Tuesday? PTFC just don't do the electronic age very well.

I don't know why they waited until the system went live (on the eve of a very important match) before explaining the changes and starting the transition.

Just now, BowenBoys said:

I don't know why they waited until the system went live (on the eve of a very important match) before explaining the changes and starting the transition.

Why did they not wait and do it in the close season. Can't see us having any all ticket games before the end of this season now.

Just now, BowenBoys said:

Transpose a couple of threads on here and the conspiracies could well out theorise the moon-landings!

Mystified as always.

As a season ticket holder I have received one of the two promised emails with a membership number. However, I have not received the other promised email with username and password. Have others received this second email or is it still to come?

Would seem that I should be OK for tomorrow to get in with my season ticket card, but not sure what I have to do to get into the next home game. Will the second email explain this?

I suspect that as often happens, I will end up having to phone or to call into the office (I am lucky enough to work near Firhill).  It all seems rather unnecessary when I already have a season ticket card!

15 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Mystified as always.

As a season ticket holder I have received one of the two promised emails with a membership number. However, I have not received the other promised email with username and password. Have others received this second email or is it still to come?

Would seem that I should be OK for tomorrow to get in with my season ticket card, but not sure what I have to do to get into the next home game. Will the second email explain this?

I suspect that as often happens, I will end up having to phone or to call into the office (I am lucky enough to work near Firhill).  It all seems rather unnecessary when I already have a season ticket card!

As a season ticket holder i have received no email. I take it they don't have one for me. I will phone Firhill tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Or trial it with non-season ticket holders first so existing ticket holders weren’t inconvenienced 

Indeed....do a pilot with a small group of users , make sure it works , iron out the problems and then launch it .....for next season !!

this has to be a Gerry Britton disaster 

I've received the first email with a membership ID but havent received the second email. 

I'm also a bit concerned about what I'll need to do with regards to my daughters ticket. Shes only 6 so doesnt have a smartphone to download an app to. Can we still get a physical season ticket or is it only going to be done on mobile now? 

As always the communication has been abysmal.

Agree with all of the above, the best time to do this is during the close season, but we are where we are!

Although a ST holder, I did not receive any emails, therefore I phoned the ticket office and the people there talked me through the process [to be fair the staff at the ticketing office are very, very good] . The process was very easy if you already have an ST [they have all my details online], but I think this might be a bit more complicated if you don't.

Tonight's game will have people at each of the turnstiles talking us through any issues we might have.