What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

Most clubs would want to finish season perhaps except the two clubs immediately above us. I suggest this because I would say we have in the past few games started to play a bit better though struggled to get the result. Two of our last three games,  Dunfermline and QOS, should IMO have been wins and not draws! 

However playing behind closed doors still puts players, management and officials at risk! So a no for me! 

'Shocking' doesn't begin to describe this stitch up.   When we manage to get back to watching football,  I hope all Jags fans boycott away games with all the clubs who participated in this Celtic led fiasco.

I get the importance of supporting the team, but I think in this situation, the need to take stance outweighs that. 

I personally will not set foot in any of their grounds in the future, and will donate what I save to PTFC, Falkirk. East Fife and Inverness. 

Edited by AirdrieJag

3 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Most clubs would want to finish season perhaps except the two clubs immediately above us. I suggest this because I would say we have in the past few games started to play a bit better though struggled to get the result. Two of our last three games,  Dunfermline and QOS, should IMO have been wins and not draws! 

However playing behind closed doors still puts players, management and officials at risk! So a no for me! 

Think what’s happening in Germany, players and officials are getting tested before the games are played . Unfortunately this virus is going to be around us until a vaccine is found , it’s my belief that we’ve got to have a starting point at some time .

Edited by jlsarmy

7 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

In 2004, the rules were changed to allow ICT to be promoted and to relegate us, the cuddly toy. While we had to ensure a 10000 seater stadium had to be in place with the safety certificates all signed somewhere around March prior to us winning the Scottish Division One title as it was, ICT were allowed to ground share with 'neighbours' Aberdeen (which was a clear conflict of interest) until they could build a 6000 seater stadium. It was absolutely astonishing how we accepted it. Financially we spent a fortune to get Firhill up to scratch which effectively put as at a disadvantage on the park. Not a court in the land would have upheld the leagues decision. Theres no danger if we had taken it to court we would have lost it. We didnt want to be seen to upset the apple cart and merely surrendered to our fate. It was absolutely outrageous. If we surrender again to this, effectively the same as we did back then by getting into bed with the devil, then ye can shove yer team up yer arse. To support Thistle would be to support that corruption. Not for me. Our families 20 year continuous season ticket sale will be no more. 

I thought we did go to court! Didn't the court rule it was a football matter and therefore the didn't want to adjudicate on the issue. 

Sure I read a previous post that someone close to the court, sometime later said that had it been a civil case thistle would have won! Or am I confusing this with another issue? 

In this case can you take our relegation to court just because its unfair!? 

2 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I thought we did go to court! Didn't the court rule it was a football matter and therefore the didn't want to adjudicate on the issue. 

Sure I read a previous post that someone close to the court, sometime later said that had it been a civil case thistle would have won! Or am I confusing this with another issue? 

In this case can you take our relegation to court just because its unfair!? 

We didnt follow it through

9 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Think what’s happening in Germany, players and officials are getting tested before the games are played . Unfortunately this virus is going to be around us until a vaccine is found , it’s my belief that we’ve got to have a starting point at some time .

And after! 

8 minutes ago, javeajag said:

They already  do that In Germany ....test on a huge scale and have been for weeks .....more than 100,000 a day....that’s why they can do this 

I'm sure they do. Just saying that we have to sort that out before we start thinking about footballers. 

Just read that Nelms was allegedly on the blower to SPFL clubs to offer sweeteners - quite obviously right up himself at the moment - he's secured a friendly against a "big hitter" (wonder who that could be eh Mr Lawwell).

Apparently he was offering similar friendlies to clubs in danger in addition to offering relegated clubs a few extra sheckles taken from other clubs prize money.

I do hope that if a call was placed to any member if the PTFC board that they told him where to shove it.

Square all this with the statement still on the DFC website - sporting integrity my arse.

As it is now fully expected this shape shifting w*nker will change the dundee vote to YES, the time has come for the club to issue a statement/update detailing anything and everything that has gone on. Their radio silence in this matter is now a concern.

6 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

Just read that Nelms was allegedly on the blower to SPFL clubs to offer sweeteners - quite obviously right up himself at the moment - he's secured a friendly against a "big hitter" (wonder who that could be eh Mr Lawwell).

Apparently he was offering similar friendlies to clubs in danger in addition to offering relegated clubs a few extra sheckles taken from other clubs prize money.

I do hope that if a call was placed to any member if the PTFC board that they told him where to shove it.

Square all this with the statement still on the DFC website - sporting integrity my arse.

As it is now fully expected this shape shifting w*nker will change the dundee vote to YES, the time has come for the club to issue a statement/update detailing anything and everything that has gone on. Their radio silence in this matter is now a concern.

They maybe need to wait till Dundee have confirmed their yes vote until then we are still relying on what the daily record says

• Like 1

I don't think Thistle should say anything about Dundee based on press speculation and rumour. 

Remember when they explained why Gary Caldwell had failed at Chesterfield?

Eta...Got in there before me TL

Edited by allyo

If we end up relegated, and the tarts are somehow saved from relegation, then I hope that every single Thistle supporter will agree not to pay any money to any of the clubs that voted for this to happen. No crap about "supporting the team."

If you want to support the team, then give that money you would spend on transport and then to get into those grounds to PTFC instead. By giving your money to those who voted to get us relegated, you are in fact enriching them while possibly prolonging our stay to where we have been banished.

For a "cuddly toy," we have very few friends in Scottish football. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AirdrieJag said:

'Shocking' doesn't begin to describe this stitch up.   When we manage to get back to watching football,  I hope all Jags fans boycott away games with all the clubs who participated in this Celtic led fiasco.

I personally will not set foot in any of their grounds in the future, and will donate what I save to PTFC, Falkirk. East Fife and Inverness. 

Absolutely agree. In 2004 we got walked over partly because there wasn't anything we could do to protest it. This time around we as fans can choose where to spend our money.

The SPFL is all about looking after your own interests. Its time we as fans started to look after our club interests. If as many of us as possible forgo our away days and divert the money we would have spent to our own club it will better fund our own promotion campaign whilst reminding the other clubs in league 1 that voting for our relegation to get a payday wasn't a wise choice.

The sevco fans model of denying clubs the 'blue pound' is not really what we want to aim for. However ensuring that Thistle fans money only goes to our club is what I'd like to see happening. In league 1 and in the championship our away crowds are bigger than most home crowds so pushing the away money back to Thistle should increase our spending power.

Easiest first step once the football matches return as normal would be to not run supporters buses to any other games other than Falkirk and East Fife.

Regarding 2004, the club did fight our corner ( ICT remarkably complained  about “scum tactics” by us!)and we did bring court proceedings.  In my opinion the court action was very well founded , however the Court of Session would not grant an interim order pending consideration of the main case , which would have taken months. In practice therefore the court case was scuppered and was reluctantly dropped.                                           The  present scandalous circumstances are different, as we have Hearts Rangers Falkirk + others on our side, along with of course the overwhelming justice of our case and the patent misbehaviour of the SPFL and others in the process.  This story is not at an end. We await the next steps by Thistle, Rangers and others. 

I understand the complications in league reconstruction that involves the SPL, but as this is about terminating the lower leagues, would there be a case for changing them. 

So, no relegation, but 2 promoted from each league and Brora / Keilty added to league 2 to give a 12-10-10 structure. The reduced prize money in the Championship as a result of 2 extra teams would be offset by 4 additional home games for each club. I'm sure that cups can be adjusted to accomodate the extra fixtures.

The only team who would now suffer is Dundee Utd, but even then that would be decided at a later date when a decision on the SPL/Hearts is made. 

Have I missed something ?

15 minutes ago, e4b said:

Regarding 2004, the club did fight our corner ( ICT remarkably complained  about “scum tactics” by us!)and we did bring court proceedings.  In my opinion the court action was very well founded , however the Court of Session would not grant an interim order pending consideration of the main case , which would have taken months. In practice therefore the court case was scuppered and was reluctantly dropped.                                           The  present scandalous circumstances are different, as we have Hearts Rangers Falkirk + others on our side, along with of course the overwhelming justice of our case and the patent misbehaviour of the SPFL and others in the process.  This story is not at an end. We await the next steps by Thistle, Rangers and others. 

You’re right , the story is not at an end , in a vote that was meant to be diplomatic, the coercive dealings of Doncaster, Lawwell etc are beyond belief.

For once we should stand our ground alongside Sevco and Hearts .

Edited by jlsarmy

46 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

If we end up relegated, and the tarts are somehow saved from relegation, then I hope that every single Thistle supporter will agree not to pay any money to any of the clubs that voted for this to happen. No crap about "supporting the team."

If you want to support the team, then give that money you would spend on transport and then to get into those grounds to PTFC instead. By giving your money to those who voted to get us relegated, you are in fact enriching them while possibly prolonging our stay to where we have been banished.

For a "cuddly toy," we have very few friends in Scottish football. 

Exactly what I'll be doing, with selected exceptions, for the foreseeable. Hope the vast majority of our support follow suit. 

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

I’ve no idea why we can’t go down the road of other countries who are planning to get back to playing football albeit behind closed doors to start with , a lot of the games could be shown on a live steam ( Jagszone ) etc 

The bigger games are going to be shown on Sky or BT anyway. It’s not ideal football without supporters but these are exceptional circumstances.

If we’re going to be relegated, I would rather play the games and if we deserve to go down then so be it .

My main concern about closed doors is we would need emergency services there and they cannot be spared.