What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

There may be a vaccine, it may have even be tested, but I doubt that it will be produced in volume enough to vaccinate everyone who needs it, or that there will be sufficient NHS staff to actually deliver the vaccine

As I said manufacturing will be the issue 

7 minutes ago, javeajag said:

And yet the bundesliga will be playing shortly .... it’s hard to tell.... be interesting to see what Sweden do 

The Bundesliga have not stated that, one person the chief executive stated that he hoped they would return in May in an interview with the New York Times.

Sweden curve and infection rate is alarming and their government is coming under increasing pressure to step in and do more, their "game-plan" was herd immunity as they believed their health service could cope with it. They have 3 times as many deaths per head population than the UK have had currently whilst having slightly less cases per head population than UK. Their strategy (currently) is killing more of those infected than UK's is.

44 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

You are putting 50+ people (Players, managers, officials etc) in close proximity which goes against all guidelines.  Even having one team in the dressing room or using (Shared) showers is against all guidance, plus the same for dug-out. Then you add the risk of fans congregating to view in from the canal etc.

Norge , I usually agree with a lot of what you say but the reality is most of us will probably have to go back to business or whatever within the next 3 months or the economy is going to totally collapse and there will be nothing to go back to.

How we manage this virus till a vaccine is found I’m not sure , maybe testing ( antibodies etc ) but even at this horrendous time there has got to be some sort of exit strategy and hence the reason football clubs in Germany, England etc are trying to minimise that risk by thinking about closed doors games etc .

It’s not ideal but business whether it’s football clubs or any other sector aren’t going to survive for another year till  a vaccine is found.

As I see it we have 42 clubs and 41 have voted as you'd expect them to based on their situation. Only East Fife appear to have taken a purely principled stand. I therefore see little point in recriminations against clubs who happen to have different interests from our own. Very few clubs can afford a charitable vote right now.

We all found ourselves in a unique situation where clubs were voting on issues that should be settled on the pitch. It's a situation that should not arise but unfortunately it's the way the SPFL is set up. I don't think there's any point whining about it.

I also think Rangers are a very unreliable ally.

However, the issues in which we have a genuine grievance are the Dundee situation, the question of their motives, what pressure was brought on them and others, and by whom. On this there has to be more transparency and we perhaps are relying on Rangers to challenge this.

I'd also applaud Thistle for continuing to seek genuine alternatives, but I suspect we're up against it.

Edited by allyo

3 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

The Bundesliga have not stated that, one person the chief executive stated that he hoped they would return in May in an interview with the New York Times.

Sweden curve and infection rate is alarming and their government is coming under increasing pressure to step in and do more, their "game-plan" was herd immunity as they believed their health service could cope with it. They have 3 times as many deaths per head population than the UK have had currently whilst having slightly less cases per head population than UK. Their strategy (currently) is killing more of those infected than UK's is.

the population of Sweden is 10.23m and they have 1033 deaths 
the polulation of the UK is 66.65m and we have 11239 deaths 

so they have a higher per head rate than UK ? Don’t think so .... so far they have consistently sat between the UK and Germany 

German clubs are back in training

6 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Norge , I usually agree with a lot of what you say but the reality is most of us will probably have to go back to business or whatever within the next 3 months or the economy is going to totally collapse and there will be nothing to go back to.

How we manage this virus till a vaccine is found I’m not sure , maybe testing ( antibodies etc ) but even at this horrendous time there has got to be some sort of exit strategy and hence the reason football clubs in Germany, England etc are trying to minimise that risk by thinking about closed doors games etc .

It’s not ideal but business whether it’s football clubs or any other sector aren’t going to survive for another year till  a vaccine is found.

Yes some business will resume, especially if social distancing can be maintained. Despite Thistle’s efforts to trial it this year, social distancing on a football pitch is unlikely.

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Yes some business will resume, especially if social distancing can be maintained. Despite Thistle’s efforts to trial it this year, social distancing on a football pitch is unlikely.

Ok , so that realistically means no football for a year , rightly or wrongly that won’t happen.

27 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

This now being reported from Kheredine Idesanne,  who said a statement is due out this afternoon.

@PartickThistle asking @spfl ceo Neil Doncaster to circulate full details to all 42 clubs of the loans they could get from the League. Thistle say SPFL emergency loans are open to any club to apply for whether to cover for expected prize money or another purpose

No chance of this making the agenda this afternoon:

° Standing Items/Previous minutes

°Clusterf*CK Phase 3

°Getting our stories straight

°Info from big Peter

° What excuse can we give from the dodgy articles of association to deny Thistle's request for loan info

End of meeting & socially isolate your mobile phones

Tuesday 14th April, 2020 at 2:17pm

At a time when football is not a priority and when people are suffering across the country, Partick Thistle is dismayed that Scottish football remains in limbo as a result of Friday’s vote.

The basis of our approach throughout this situation is that no club should be worse off, either financially or in a sporting sense, as a result of any resolution.

We have obtained a Joint Opinion from Senior and Junior Counsel to identify what can be done to remedy this situation. The QC’s legal Opinion concludes:

1. The information dispensed to Clubs and the process utilised in putting forward the resolution, could potentially be held to be a breach of the duty by the SPFL to provide sufficient information to member clubs to allow them to make a properly informed decision in relation to the SPFL’s resolution. In particular, the Opinion highlights the fact that the SPFL did not explain to member clubs alternative means by which payments could be made other than by requiring the immediate termination of the current league season. On that basis, clubs may have lacked sufficient information – by omission – to make an informed decision based on the SPFL’s briefing document.

2. The original vote by Dundee FC was cast in line with the SPFL’s own rules and must stand, meaning that the resolution falls.

3. There is the potential for the SPFL Articles to be altered, as would be required to bring a season to end early, in order to, for example, facilitate the payment of fees to Member Clubs.

To secure a vote to end the season, the SPFL linked it to releasing funds to hard-pressed clubs, making it clear there was no alternative. However, as it now transpires, there was a vehicle to release monies in the shape of loans, quite apart from the possibility of changes being made to the SPFL Articles to allow the payments normally made at the end of the season to be made now. We would urge the SPFL to move immediately to approve loans to clubs against the monies owed to them at the season end, based on their current position in the league.

With that urgent situation dealt with, there can then be considered discussion involving all clubs to address the way forward for Scottish football in this unprecedented season. The SPFL presented to clubs (in 25 pages of briefing note and resolution and with 48 hours to consider it) that there was no alternative. It is now apparent that that is not the case.

Again, we restate that we are uncomfortable with the position Scottish football finds itself in at a time of national emergency and have been reticent to get involved publicly.  However, as a Board, we would be wrong not to share the Opinion with our fellow clubs across the leagues, as well as with our staff, management, players and fans.

21 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Sweden 

BCFE9575-FCC7-4387-87F2-D2B35D1D3940.png

7 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Business somehow needs to get back to normal which will mean extended social distancing in the workplace, unfortunately football (Whilst a business) will need to be low down on that list. Germany & England are only thinking about this and Bundesliga have confirmed nothing at the moment they are waiting on the situation changing. The difference with football than other businesses is the customer base, they won't be content with "Shopping from home" via a live stream, they will turn up to peak through gates, welcome team buses etc.  Most businesses will need to have a distance between employees so I'm not sure how you do that with footballers, think of a crowded 6 yard box at a corner for example.

I don't believe we will have any idea when a season can restart till June.

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

Business somehow needs to get back to normal which will mean extended social distancing in the workplace, unfortunately football (Whilst a business) will need to be low down on that list. Germany & England are only thinking about this and Bundesliga have confirmed nothing at the moment they are waiting on the situation changing. The difference with football than other businesses is the customer base, they won't be content with "Shopping from home" via a live stream, they will turn up to peak through gates, welcome team buses etc.  Most businesses will need to have a distance between employees so I'm not sure how you do that with footballers, think of a crowded 6 yard box at a corner for example.

I don't believe we will have any idea when a season can restart till June.

Germany may become clearer after Wednesday 

0E1DC665-714B-4B3F-9E27-1188265341E5.png

Just now, javeajag said:

Germany may become clearer after Wednesday 

0E1DC665-714B-4B3F-9E27-1188265341E5.png

We are also announcing gradual relaxation of lock-down this week. With Kindergardens returning next week, primary 1 to 4 the week after and primary 4-7 possibly the month after, Secondary school may not open this school year. Denmark is doing the same.

Our rates are reasonably low but that is partly down to population density and laying off 10% of the workforce whilst having another 40% work from home

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

We are also announcing gradual relaxation of lock-down this week. With Kindergardens returning next week, primary 1 to 4 the week after and primary 4-7 possibly the month after, Secondary school may not open this school year. Denmark is doing the same.

Our rates are reasonably low but that is partly down to population density and laying off 10% of the workforce whilst having another 40% work from home

Not trying to be clever but interestingly overnight  FT data teams analysis shows little correlation between population density and outcomes ... I think it’s more complicated than people think eg Belgium has a severe lockdown but is much worse than Holland which is more relaxed