What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

7 minutes ago, Jag36 said:

You could be right..but think the rules were that once you've submitted a vote it can't be changed. Hence why the Dundee vote was 'never recieved' rather than they just retracted it. Could be wrong there though

A NO could be changed to a YES within 28 days. I'm not sure that it is possible to withdraw a vote and we certainly don't want to change to a YES

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

A NO could be changed to a YES within 28 days. I'm not sure that it is possible to withdraw a vote and we certainly don't want to change to a YES

We certainly don't. Doesn't look like us withdrawing over vote would have any bearing. Think in this respect Dundee hold all the cards

24 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Part of our legal case is that you cant change your vote once lodged. However in theory we could withdraw it and let's see what the SPFL do then. What would Dundee do.....? 

Im i missing something here or does the motion not just need 8 out of 10 yes votes to pass? Therefore whether we vote Yes, No or nothing doesnt actually matter cause if Dundee vote yes then motion is passed as 8 out of 10 Yes votes has been achieved. Us retracting our vote makes no difference and wont hold anything up

• Like 1

Great statement from the club, and damning (for the spfl) legal opinion (yes, i read it).

For those asking why the haste from above to close the season; they want to avoid having to finish this season later and delay the new one, when their new Sky tv deal starts. Nothing must be allowed to disrupt the new TV money.

44 minutes ago, delurker said:

Great statement from the club, and damning (for the spfl) legal opinion (yes, i read it).

For those asking why the haste from above to close the season; they want to avoid having to finish this season later and delay the new one, when their new Sky tv deal starts. Nothing must be allowed to disrupt the new TV money.

Which is why league reconstruction won’t happen unfortunately.

Edited by 1 team in glasgow

38 minutes ago, policemans whistle said:

It would be interesting to find how this vote came about. I read Doncaster made the proposal, but what journey does it make before it reaches him. Also who is on the committee?  Looking at the Spfl website, there is no section giving the names of office bearers.

There's an article in the news section detailing the election of the board members.

37 minutes ago, 1 team in glasgow said:

Which is why league reconstruction won’t happen unfortunately.

Agreed. Those with their noses currently in the trough won't share it with any extra noses. 

Unless forced to by the prospect of legal action against this whole corrupt process.

4 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Our defense and midfield stand on the goal line holding hands at corners. Fox will be ok he’s usually 2 yards behind the line

Fox will be liable to a police warning and possible thirty quid fine then Norge - 2 yards is about 6 inches short of the required metric separation distance!

Mind you a woman in front of me queuing to get into Aldi today seemed to interpret 2 metres as about 25 feet.

8 hours ago, jags on tour said:

Can’t help but feel we’ll be the most hated club after all this happens for prolonging the season instead of just saying ‘Aye just relegate us, we don’t mind.’  I think we are right to do what we are doing but think it’s just delaying the inevitable, they will never null and void the season, realistically the season won’t get finished and there will be another vote later to end the season which will get accepted as other clubs chairmans are too scared to upset the big teams. I can’t see reconstruction happening either.

"Most hated club": I think I'd prefer that to the "cuddly toy" image that sees us getting kicked around and relegated any time the blazers need a rag doll.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Part of our legal case is that you cant change your vote once lodged. However in theory we could withdraw it and let's see what the SPFL do then. What would Dundee do.....? 

Dl1971, I read our legal opinion as a vote should be taken as cast when it is sent and once cast it cannot be withdrawn.  So our argument is that the Dundee vote is cast.  Dundee have asked that their vote is ignored as the SPFL subsequently admitted receiving it.  

Dundee may, of course, change a NO vote to a YES but they haven't done that.

Pedantic but how I read it.

• Like 1

Looks like Dundee have got reconstruction on the agenda with an splf task force set up. I just hope that they take the role seriously.

My preference would be for a 14-16-16 set up but that might be too much change and might not get past the SPL self interest. 12-12-10-10 might be easiest to implement and there would only be winners from that with no losers.

11 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Looks like Dundee have got reconstruction on the agenda with an splf task force set up. I just hope that they take the role seriously.

My preference would be for a 14-16-16 set up but that might be too much change and might not get past the SPL self interest. 12-12-10-10 might be easiest to implement and there would only be winners from that with no losers.

You say 'no losers'. What division would you have Hearts, Dundee Utd, ourselves and Raith in?

19 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

There would be losers. League 1 would lose its biggest clubs. It's just a more equitable share of the losses.

There will be losers however this is done.

The only re-structuring in my opinion that would work is 14-10-10-10

Div 2  Promote Cove and Edinburgh. Bring in Brora and Lowland winners. Elgin are currently 3rd but 12 points behind Edinburgh.

Div 1 Promote Raith and Falkirk. (airdrie might be miffed but are  points behind Falkirk and they did vote YES)

Championship is the awkward on. Promote Utd and either ICT or Dundee.

No relegation in any division.