What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

Any word on how the EPL are going to go with this. Liverpool obviously will be champions but what about relegations? Will there be any? 3 up 3 down?

i would think it’ll be no relegations. Could help hearts (and in the long run us) if this is the case

Absolutely disgusting. Agree with others - we’ve not been relegated, we’ve been expelled.

Scottish football has been a joke for a long time - the last time we were done over was ridiculous, but figured ‘at least it can’t happen again’ - but it has, and it’s worse.

And for Dundee’s ‘statement’ to infer that we have ourselves to blame is really poor. 
We need to fight this & fight hard & dirty. If we don’t, I’m afraid I won’t be back watching any Scottish football in the future. What’s the point? Let them get on with it, after all it seems it’s ‘their ba’...

So why Hearts & Hamilton? The two teams with most to lose? Also Dundee would also lose, they are third and won’t get promotion so what have they been promised? We might actually be saved by this, although it would have been nice to have saved ourselves. We have always said that Scottish football is not a level playing field but now they must be considered more corrupt than FIFA.

12 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

They are now saying league winners will be promoted and Thistle and Stranraer relegated.

That's the default without reconstruction. I'm pretty sure, even if the reconstruction board is a sham,  they'd allow it to sit a bit longer than this.

3 minutes ago, p12tfc said:

Any word on how the EPL are going to go with this. Liverpool obviously will be champions but what about relegations? Will there be any? 3 up 3 down?

i would think it’ll be no relegations. Could help hearts (and in the long run us) if this is the case

Villa have a game in hand and if they won it they would be out the relegation position. No  professional league would relegate a team in that position, would they ?

• Like 1

Sorry i don't know how to do a link. Statement on Stranraer web site. Saying they agree with the statement from Thistle yesterday and also despite reports they would get between £25,000 and £75,000, the final payment is only a nominal sum that will not even cover a weeks wage's.

28 minutes ago, Jagtastic said:

Ann Budge heading up the reconstruction panel with Les Gray of Hamilton? 

More to come from this.  

We will probably still get screwed though.

Its just a question of how we'll be screwed isn't it?

With Hamilton and Hearts involved I suspect we might see a change to the playoff arrangements for next season (20/21) Say something like top 4 of the championship and bottom 2 of the SPL in a mini league rather 2 legged cup ties. No automatic relagation from the SPL, no automatic promtion from the championship, bottom 4 go into the championship and top 2 play in the SPL. For Hearts it gives greater options of an automatic return, for Dundee a better promotion chance and for Hamilton a fighting chance of surviving. Assuming it was home and away games against each of the increased income from 10 games would cushion the blow of relegation.

Whatever it is I'm resigned to Thistle being in league 1. My away days are now finished with the exception of Falkirk and East Fife (perhaps ICT whenever we see them again).

Might be too late and too much to hope for but I hope Thistle secured the rights to stream their away games as per Sevco when they went through the lower leagues.

I don’t see what Dundee expect from reconstruction as I can’t see how they can go up from 3rd place.

interested in this part of the statement though:

Relegated clubs must have financial assistance to help soften the landing so they can begin the next season on more equitable footing.  Through our discussions it appears that there is an appetite to provide various forms of support from other member clubs if these clubs are in fact relegated.  Further details of these acts of kindness and solidarity will be worked out amongst the member clubs. 

1 minute ago, jaggy said:

I don’t see what Dundee expect from reconstruction as I can’t see how they can go up from 3rd place.

interested in this part of the statement though:

Relegated clubs must have financial assistance to help soften the landing so they can begin the next season on more equitable footing.  Through our discussions it appears that there is an appetite to provide various forms of support from other member clubs if these clubs are in fact relegated.  Further details of these acts of kindness and solidarity will be worked out amongst the member clubs. 

Acts of kindness ffs......f off 

40 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Chances are that being in League 1, we will need to trim the squad to survive. Interesting to see who has relegation release clause in their contracts.

Relegation clause FFS we haven’t exactly got  a player good enough to think that surely , most are lucky there getting a wage out the game 

28 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Sorry i don't know how to do a link. Statement on Stranraer web site. Saying they agree with the statement from Thistle yesterday and also despite reports they would get between £25,000 and £75,000, the final payment is only a nominal sum that will not even cover a weeks wage's.

http://www.stranraerfc.org/index.php/77-latest-news/1742-statement-spfl-resolution-and-covid-19

• Thanks 1