What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

To demote us with the game in hand is not 'harsh', it is simply wrong.   In effect,  an SPFL kangaroo 'pools panel' has decided we would not win this game.

Could we demand the opportunity to play this deciding  game against ICT (or even a play-off with QOS) immediately prior to the start of the 2020/21 season, if and whenever it happens?  

5 minutes ago, weebaldie said:

To demote us with the game in hand is not 'harsh', it is simply wrong.   In effect,  an SPFL kangaroo 'pools panel' has decided we would not win this game.

Could we demand the opportunity to play this deciding  game against ICT (or even a play-off with QOS) immediately prior to the start of the 2020/21 season, if and whenever it happens?  

... what?

29 minutes ago, steve61 said:

I know Norge's scenario came from a reliable source, but I just can't get my head around why they would promote the 3rd place team in Div 1 (ie Airdrie) and relegate us. After all, Airdrie voted to end the season now thus accepting their fate by staying in DIv 1.

Airdrie didn't stick their head above the parapet.

While some clubs may lose out to an extent in terms of what “might have been”, the 3 clubs in relegation spots with many points still to play for, face financial consequences that no-one appears to feel are either fair or reasonable.  This is what must now be addressed through a temporary change to the league structure to cope with what is likely to be 2 very “abnormal” seasons

budge talking about a temp change to save her team - well see if anything proposed is supported by others

1 hour ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Wholly agree.

Read the Record article, such as it is, and I can’t think of any good reason why we shouldn’t challenge this in the Courts. 
Too bad if clubs go to the wall, this is meant to be a sport - when the competitive element is removed (by the clubs themselves) there is nothing left. 
I’ll be very disappointed if we don’t challenge this legally. Time to grow a set.

We need to raise a legal challenge, if it prevents others getting cash so be it. None of those clubs gave a toss about the impending financial difficulties and job losses which will occur at Firhill because of the way they voted. So get it right up everyone of them.  TAKE LEGAL ACTION NOW THISTLE.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, p12tfc said:

Perhaps our only hope is that Celtic vote for a reconstruction proposal because a) they can afford a slightly reduced prize fund b) It’ll piss off rangers. Might be enough to get the 11-1 in Premiership 

Just to clarify the prize money des bit work in divisions. It works in places in the entire structure 1 to 42.  So reconstruction does not alter prize money. 

Legal action will be a completely pointless act for show that might appease some people who are raging on this forum, but will cost the club money it does not have.

Getting Gerry Britton on Radio Scotland on Saturday to bump his gums for half and hour will gain us the same amount of attention as a lawsuit, and won't cost a penny.

• Like 1

Just now, West of Scotland said:

Legal action will be a completely pointless act for show that might appease some people who are raging on this forum, but will cost the club money it does not have.

Getting Gerry Britton on Radio Scotland on Saturday to bump his gums for half and hour will gain us the same amount of attention as a lawsuit, and won't cost a penny.

And it won’t make the slightest bit of difference either 

45 minutes ago, allyo said:

Similarly I struggle to see the practical benefits of a court appeal. Acknowledge that it might embarrass the SPFL and help us to feel that we are doing something rather than just accepting our fate.

And the reason why we should accept our fate is ?

5 minutes ago, Jag36 said:

Anyone remember that time when Rangers said they had a whistleblower etc etc. Well that turned out to be nothing

Surprise surprise. There's nothing in this for Rangers. They just play billy big bawz and blame the world to keep their hoards happy/angry, same as always.

• Like 1

Just now, jlsarmy said:

And it won’t make the slightest bit of difference either 

... plus well become the greedy self interested pariahs of society for daring to challenge the robust & well run SPFL - trying to play kingmakers and pause the game moving forward in time of pandemic (at least that's how it will be spun in the press).

I think Budge will be in contact with the club today to set out her plans - which may appease our board and prevent any legal action. 

5 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

And the reason why we should accept our fate is ?

I'm not saying we should. I'm saying we should be cautious about action that has no purpose other than trying to feel better about an injustice.

Same way I wouldn't recommend an innocent prisoner trying to escape by hitting their head off the walls.

As long as any action has a genuine purpose and the potential for a positive outcome, I'd be in favour.

Edited by allyo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, allyo said:

I'm not saying we should. I'm saying we should be cautious about action that has no purpose other than trying to feel better about an injustice.

Same way I wouldn't recommend an innocent prisoner trying to escape by hitting their head off the walls.

As long as any action has a genuine purpose and the potential for a positive outcome, I'd be in favour.

It’s not an injustice , it’s actually corruption, the vote should be re- done properly and whatever the result is stands , there is a stench from start to finish from this corrupt SPFL .

Why were all the Leagues not included in the premature end to the Season, after all they all voted , at this moment Hearts don’t even know if they’re relegated.

Hearts relegated , not sure we can have that , I’ve got a good idea why don’t we start a reconstruction sub committee and I think we’ll put Anne Budge on it .

You couldn’t really make this stuff up and I would argue with you what other means have we got left except some sort of legal challenge.

I believe these decisions  could put our Club out of existence, we shouldn’t just roll over and let it happen.

Problem could be getting league 1 teams to vote for reconstruction. As it stands they will have Falkirk and Thistle in the league and the big away supports they bring (or they think they will bring). They are being asked to swap Falkirk and Thistle for Stranraer and Edinburgh City.....

Hopefully they see the better chance of promotion as more of an incentive

Edited by p12tfc

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/apr/16/coronavirus-uk-live-news-covid-19-lockdown-extension?page=with:block-5e9800a88f08ea7431f43be7#block-5e9800a88f08ea7431f43be7

In these uncertain times football needs leadership. Leadership is not manipulating a vote to relegate clubs. Leadership is not hiding in Hampden behind a firewall. Leadership is not paying lip-service to restructuring the league in the  middle of a pandemic.  Leadership is making sure that everything is done to secure the immediate needs of all clubs.  By all means discuss, in an open and transparent way, possible ways forward but resolutions are pointless in this vacuum.

Nobody knows how or when we will come out of this. Rules rewritten now will have to be written again. Look after the clubs now. When there is sufficient information, plan for the future.

• Like 1

To be honest this whole cluster**** is the latest in a long line of kicks in the teeth spreading over decades. I'm frankly tired of it. The whole game here really is a sad Micky Mouse product, driven solely by selfish short term self-interest of each and every club. I suspect if Hearts, Stranraer and ourselves had been one place higher we'd have voted for this absolute mess of a proposal and three other clubs would be screaming foul. Yes the SPFL board and the many incarnations that preceded them are truly incompetent on a staggering scale, but in reality we have the leadership we collectively deserve. If it wasn't for 50 plus years of following Thistle I wouldn't have the slightest interest in Scottish football and I'd bet many fans of other teams feel the same. 

Definitely from the point that football resumes I'll only be going to Firhill. It's a shame as I've always enjoyed going to away games. I won't be spending a single penny on any other league team than Thistle. Their loss will be Hurlford United's gain. 

10 hours ago, Jag36 said:

Talk is of a 14 team top flight. If Hearts and Hamilton are on the taskforce then there will be no relegation.

Dundee utd and ICT promoted to make 14. Dundee miss out - possible carrot of 2 automatic promotions next year( who knows) for which Dundee would likely be favourites

But that leaves an 8 team championship- unless they decide to promote 3 from league 1, which is unlikely. Then it will be 2 from league 1 with thistle avoiding relegation to make up the 10

Presumably a highland and lowland league team will make up the league 2 numbers.

Ultimately you need to bring in two new teams to the SPFL to avoid any relegation with a 14 top flight

Could be totally wrong the way things are going. But maybe all is not lost yet

This would make much more sense and be more equitable.