What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

You’ve talking nonsense, we beat Celtic 2 nil , drew with Rangers  1 each , beat Clyde 9 -1 , albeit there was some experienced pros within these games , genuine question were you at any of these  matches ?

clyde fielded there clyde in the community team along with few fringe first team players , that’s an absolute fact, Celtic fielded an U20 and unders team that’s another absolute fact 

look up the facts before posting absolute nonsense 

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Not really sure why we’re bothering with other Clubs , how many backed us ?

Spot on. The PTFC board is more concerned with getting money to other clubs - ones that just f***ed us over - than they are with our club.

Absolute disgrace. Low and her cronies deserve to be booted out by the shareholders. Oh wait a minute.......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobbyhouston said:

clyde fielded there clyde in the community team along with few fringe first team players , that’s an absolute fact, Celtic fielded an U20 and unders team that’s another absolute fact 

look up the facts before posting absolute nonsense 

That’s not what I asked you , what games were you at and what youngsters were playing.

27 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Currently we need the backing of the member clubs to support a reconstruction of the leagues. That is our only hope of avoiding relegation. Is it therefore a good idea to piss off these same member clubs by delaying the payments or slagging them off. 

I really don't know what is the best way forward.

No it isnt, as i said I was just venting... I've just read the official statment and as bitter as I am, I cant see what else we can do or say. Hopefully in private thoughwe have some revenge option to wield in due course...

1 minute ago, Big Col said:

Spot on. The PTFC board is more concerned with getting money to other clubs - ones that just f***ed us over - than they are with our club.

Absolute disgrace. Low and her cronies deserve to be booted out by the shareholders. Oh wait a minute.......

Absolutely BC.  We have let ourselves be shafted, worrying about clubs that don't give a **** about us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, allyo said:

I think the announcement is absolutely right. And I don't know if you'd be calling it shitebaggery if your job depended on it.

Agree fully with this. Don’t think going down the legal route would benefit us in any way and would probably  be detrimental to others in a worse position than we are financially. I’m confident some form of reconstruction will be forthcoming after the debacle of last week and that should mean no one loses out substantially. I just hope that once it’s all sorted out that there is still an appetite to make wholesale changes to the way the SPFL is run because it’s an utter shambles at present.

• Like 1

I know I will be criticised but I think this is an excellent statement. I have said I would like nothing better than to stuff these so-so's in court. But this is a short term emotional response that we know from previous experience will not win.  A legal response is the easy course of action and whether or not we end up in the Championship or League 1 will make it very difficult for Budge to support us by winning others over to her argument that there are wrongs that need to be corrected. 

This statement, which I do think is the difficult but strong course of action, accepts we will face challenges but focuses our efforts on the football field and on the longer term. Also by not taking action that could put clubs out of business by denying them much needed cash we are showing them up by demonstrating we are not doing what they have done and that we are morally and ethically better! 

I think the statement gives Budge a lot to work with and unlike Dundee, Raith, Forfar,or the SPFL Board puts us on the high moral ground. 

A lot of hogwash many on here will say and I understand that view! However all we need to do is put a winning team on the park and then you will see the benefits of the club's statement and chosen course of action. 

In spite of my arguments above I do feel we should do something to demonstrate our disgust at the manner in which we have been treated.

1. Attend Home matches only (exceptions being other no voters) 

2. Stop running buses to away games and ask fans who travel by other means not do do so. 

3. Donate gate money that would have been spent attending away games to PTFC and to any other No club who are having Cash problems. 

4. When Yes clubs and Directors come to Firhill - give them hell, eg "Nelms is a????" chant! Also write to Club ask them to offer minimum courtesy etc! We can call it cost cutting! 

Have I missed anything. 

Very sorry for length of post!! 

• Like 11

I'm supporting the Jags - season tickets renewed.  How I'll feel about away games remains to be seen.

I understand the anger and frustration but I'm behind the clubs decision not to enter a battle we can't win and one that would detract resource and importantly money from safeguarding jobs and building a stronger club.  You can't beat city hall.

It would be nice, as some posters have already put it, to tell the SPFL to shove it where it don't shine but the reality is that we have ambition to play in the top division of this crock of shit as it's our crock of shit and all we've got.  The only way to improve it is to work from within with reason and logic and hope you can convince others of your view.

This is MY club, its OUR club and we have absolutely nothing of any practical value to gain by any kind of legal action.  As the statement says, we can ask the SPFL for clarification without the threat of legal action which would be counter-productive now anyway.

We need now, not to act like a petulant Morelos, swiping out at the wrongdoers; rather we need composure and backing to a great (young) team (on real grass) that we can all be proud of.

I'm looking forward to watching the next Bannigan, Penrice, Fitzpatrick or Maurice Johnstone, Alan Rough, Alan Hansen or Jim Melrose.

M'hon the Jags and FTOF - OTIG

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

That’s not what I asked you , what games were you at and what youngsters were playing.

Every single game with exception of clyde away , there’s not one player you mentioned that’s good enough  and you can add Galasso to that  , he can’t even get a game with BSC Glasgow 

Not surprised by the statement as legal action was never a viable option. 2004 taught us that the courts aren't interested no matter the strength of the case.

The only way to protest the decision is via fan action. Boycott away fixtures, don't run supporter buses to away fixtures and create a fund for fans to donate their away day money into that the club can use to fund a promotion drive.

However I think the Thistle statement in conjunction with Falkirk, Hearts and even Brora Rangers it would suggest that 10-10-10-14 with no relegation looks more possible.

1 minute ago, exiledjag said:

I know I will be criticised but I think this is an excellent statement. I have said I would like nothing better than to stuff these so-so's in court. But this is a short term emotional response that we know from previous experience will not win.  A legal response is the easy course of action and whether or not we end up in the Championship or League 1 will make it very difficult for Budge to support us by winning others over to her argument that there are wrongs that need to be corrected. 

This statement, which I do think is the difficult but strong course of action, accepts we will face challenges but focuses our efforts on the football field and on the longer term. Also by not taking action that could put clubs out of business by denying them much needed cash we are showing them up by demonstrating we are not doing what they have done and that we are morally and ethically better! 

I think the statement gives Budge a lot to work with and unlike Dundee, Raith, Forfar,or the SPFL Board puts us on the high moral ground. 

A lot of hogwash many on here will say and I understand that view! However all we need to do is put a winning team on the park and then you will see the benefits of the club's statement and chosen course of action. 

In spite of my arguments above I do feel we should do something to demonstrate our disgust at the manner in which we have been treated.

1. Attend Home matches only (exceptions being other no voters) 

2. Stop running buses to away games and ask fans who travel by other means not do do so. 

3. Donate gate money that would have been spent attending away games to PTFC and to any other No club who are having Cash problems. 

4. When Yes clubs and Directors come to Firhill - give them hell, eg "Nelms is a????" chant! Also write to Club ask them to offer minimum courtesy etc! We can call it cost cutting! 

Have I missed anything. 

Very sorry for length of post!! 

Point 3 ? Are you for real, our club has just rolled over and accepted being shafted for a 2nd time with relegation and you want fans to fund a spineless board , geez peace your crackpot 

I will be purchasing my first ever season ticket, joining the centenary fund (waiting on club to get back to me on this) & donating gate money for away matches. Will do this for as long as I am financially able! I am determined we will come back and beat this injustice!

• Like 2

Just now, Bobbyhouston said:

Every single game with exception of clyde away , there’s not one player you mentioned that’s good enough  and you can add Galasso to that  , he can’t even get a game with BSC Glasgow 

Never mentioned Galasso, but hey I’ll take the advice of one of the coaches who is a friend and from what I’ve seen , the 4 players I’ve mentioned have all been about the first team this season. 

I also don’t believe you were at any of these games , correct me if I’m wrong.

Very disappointing decision but no surprise. The Thistle statement is full of wind, and we can only surmise who is the author of it.  The SPFL judged it right that Thistle are perennial nice guys with no backbone to stand up to bullies.     Anyway there is a glimmer of hope we  will be saved by possible re-organisation - Budge and Hearts  by contrast are hard nosed ******** who will do what they can to save themselves, and maybe we can go along with the ride. However an 11-1 vote on the Premiership is a tall order. 

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Never mentioned Galasso, but hey I’ll take the advice of one of the coaches who is a friend and from what I’ve seen , the 4 players I’ve mentioned have all been about the first team this season. 

I also don’t believe you were at any of these games , correct me if I’m wrong.

Not even entertaining you now ya clown.  I know when and where I follow the red and yellow