What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

12 minutes ago, Winter of '63 said:

It does leave a bitter taste but we have only ourselves to blame for ending up bottom in a poor standard League - I like McCall but the results have not been good enough...and we were about 10 months late in getting rid of Caldwell.

This.

To all those posters who are criticizing the clubs stance please tell us what they should have done to ensure that we would not be shafted, given that the deck was stacked before the vote was taken. I'm not interested in proposals that would have made us feel better but does not retain our Championship status.

Just tell me in simple terms how we could have guaranteed that we would not have been shat on from a great height and whilst you are at it tell me how 95% of the teams in the Scottish leagues could avoid being in the same position.

It's a bit like ,say,when Bannigan is constantly fouled throughout a game and has a perfectly good goal chopped off and finally after yet another foul stands up and lamps the offending player.We love it,he feels better and then he gets sent off and we lose the game.Was it worth it? I think not. Same situation here, short term gratification for no gain.

statement reeks of the usual  cuddly attitude. britton and low's leadership has been nothing but a disaster and i have no confidence in them.  will our financial situation be so rosy after a year of playing teams like forfar, peterhead and montrose every week?

mccall will be two games from the sack for the whole of the season, im not sure he can cope with the pressure - second place, semi final, relegated etc, thats mccalls thistle cv. the fans are completely drained by the last 3 years and back to back bad results is just going to make the irritable wanting a scapegoat its going to be tough next year. falkirk, cove have money behind them and we've struggled mightily against part-time teams recently.  badly need to keep brian graham and zak rudden, they would score 30 each in that shit league. start with getting a decent goalie in fox is rubbish and should never have come back after the way he left.

1 minute ago, Garscube Road End said:

Why are people surprised? There was never going to be a challenge. Too costly and utterly futile. What they should have done is put in an interim interdict to deliberately shaft clubs like Forfar waiting on cash. **** them all, **** Scottish football. 

That's the GRE we all know and love.

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

What does moral high ground gain the club?

Does it prevent office staff, players or back room staff potentially losing their jobs through a forced relegation?

Does it give us a wee trophy to parade?

Does it increase our home support?

Does it protect the future of the club financially?

It does none of these probably the exact opposite 

The best way of avoiding relegation now is league reconstruction. The best way of ensuring this goes in our favour is not to make enemies by taking this to court. The best way of getting relegated and to spend money we don't have is to go to court.

It's not just about moral high ground. It's about minimising risk no matter how hard that is to swallow.

15 minutes ago, fenski said:

The best way of avoiding relegation now is league reconstruction. The best way of ensuring this goes in our favour is not to make enemies by taking this to court. The best way of getting relegated and to spend money we don't have is to go to court.

It's not just about moral high ground. It's about minimising risk no matter how hard that is to swallow.

I think you're right. And I don't think the story is finished yet.

Balance of risk now I think is to wait and see on reconstruction. Our interests seem to coincide with Hearts and Sevco and I don't think they are finished with this. By contrast, in 2004 we were completely on our own.

14 minutes ago, fenski said:

Does anyone know if the proposal for League Reconstruction is down to the Premier League to vote for or is it going to be voted for by all 42 clubs. If it’s down to the Premier League they need a 11- 1 majority which makes change unlikely.

7 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

The club should have taken the legal advice (as they did) then sat on it till they decided to stick or twist. 
Coming out with the guns drawn at the start then (as usual) not having the baws to pull the trigger just makes us look weaker than if we’d said nothing. 

Hopefully Sevco with their Statement today will take it further 

10 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

If they were good eneough they would have been given a chance either with us or out at loan at another club

When you see the dross and garbage that have been typical of most Thistle games in the last 3 years, have those players who contributed to those performances proven to be "good enough"? 

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

The club should have taken the legal advice (as they did) then sat on it till they decided to stick or twist. 
Coming out with the guns drawn at the start then (as usual) not having the baws to pull the trigger just makes us look weaker than if we’d said nothing. 

Not sure anything is going to come with any proposals with restructuring, needs an 11 - 1 vote in the Premiership and 75% in the other leagues 

Don’t think that’s going to happen 

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Does anyone know if the proposal for League Reconstruction is down to the Premier League to vote for or is it going to be voted for by all 42 clubs. If it’s down to the Premier League they need a 11- 1 majority which makes change unlikely.

Isn't the SPFL now supposed to include all the clubs currently in the top two divisions? If so, then maybe they would all get to vote 

3 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Isn't the SPFL now supposed to include all the clubs currently in the top two divisions? If so, then maybe they would all get to vote 

Think I’ve just read it’s 11-1 in the Premiership and 75% in the other Leagues.

Not going to happen 

16 hours ago, jaf said:

It’s not my plan mate.  I agree with your plan. 

I was just pointing out we are going to end up in a place some were objecting about, ie focussing on youth. (And no I am not arguing Barnsley owners would have been good thing compared to fan ownership either, absolutely not).  Apologies, I was being flippant. 

Maybe if Barnsley were the owners, we might have been in a stronger position financially to fight this ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Think I’ve just read it’s 11-1 in the Premiership and 75% in the other Leagues.

Not going to happen 

Im not sure why it wouldn’t happen.  They all know they have got to stop the embarrassment   And the proposal  of 14-10-10-10 makes so little financial difference to everyone  that I could see it going through.  The prize money is not split league by league but place by place throughout all 4 divisions. 

1 minute ago, jaf said:

Im not sure why it wouldn’t happen.  They all know they have got to stop the embarrassment   And the proposal  of 14-10-10-10 makes so little financial difference to everyone  that I could see it going through.  The prize money is not split league by league but place by place throughout all 4 divisions. 

So if we add 2 extra teams to League 2 then the bottom 2 get nothing ? We are dividing money that went to 42 teams between 44 so somewhere the prize money is diluted.

4 minutes ago, jaf said:

Think the 11- 1 in the Premiership is possibly the stumbling block , been tried before and didn’t succeed because of the ridiculous 11- 1 vote to pass.

3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

So if we add 2 extra teams to League 2 then the bottom 2 get nothing ? We are dividing money that went to 42 teams between 44 so somewhere the prize money is diluted.

I said it makes little financial difference. Not none.  The teams at the bottom of league 2 get less than 1 per cent.  If we said they both got 0.3 per cent. That’s 0.6 per cent split 42 ways. (0.14 per cent per club). Or simply off 1sr place or 1st and 2nd equally, 

2 minutes ago, jaf said:

I said it makes little financial difference. Not none.  The teams at the bottom of league 2 get less than 1 per cent.  If we said they both got 0.3 per cent. That’s 0.6 per cent split 42 ways. (0.14 per cent per club). Or simply off 1sr place or 1st and 2nd equally, 

Think it’s probably more to do for example say with a St Johnstone dropping 2 games against Rangers or Celtic and Inverness being 1 of the teams coming up with their 50 travelling support 

4 minutes ago, jaf said:

And if you look at how little money the current squabble is over (Forfar were talking about around £3K) that is going to impact on how some clubs vote. Win The Championship and you now get 0.14% less than the club who came 3rd this year. And that is before the League One clubs think about the loss from losing their biggest travelling support. I'm not sure that the finances are as clear cut as you think