What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

9 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I know i said no matter what team you support, i didn't mean supporters would be voting today. Surely not many chairman  can be impressed by the way this vote has been handled. The money thing i feel has been a bit of a red herring as any chairman i have heard talking about it has said the final payment didn't make a lot of difference. In fact the Stranraer chairman said their final payment of £1,200 would not cover wages for 1 week.

prepare to be surprised.

13 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

We’ve had in place for a month via your Bluetooth on your phone.

But was the Norwegian app developed by a company with ties to the Tory party? This could well turn out to be another ferry company with no ships!

4 hours ago, jaf said:

That's the big weakness here, those pushing for change are not articulating what the future looks like beyond the enquiry and desired removal of Doncaster.

We can assume Gardiner will be in frame to replace him. In his own mind at least. Heaven help us all.

We can assume all the board will probably resign too. They have to.

Who runs the SPFL in between times?

How do they heal the divisions?

How long will the report take?

None of the loudest barrels during this phase are likely to be favourites with the quiet compliant clubs to take over and win board elections, and if they do so they are surely the wrong people to heal division?

What happens if the enquiry exonerates Doncaster and the Board and we have wasted months when we could have been trying to save the Scottish game?  Presumably like the Deloittes report, no one will accept it?

How do we end the farce?

I just don't see how this resolution is anything other than a distraction at the most important time for our national game.

Please correct me if I an wrong, but are you saying that because the removal of the SPFL Board would cause upheaval and difficulties ( which it undoubtedly would) there should be no enquiry, Rather that we should just accept that corruption and bullying happens and that it just has to be accepted as part and parcel of the keepie-uppy world of Scottish football?

2 minutes ago, jaggy said:

I find that bizarre, why abstain?

My guess is celtic might be one..apparently lawell gave a rousing speech along with les Gray..still think there should be a vote of no confidence..be interesting to see what Inverness say in there next press release. 

18 minutes ago, Emsca said:

Please correct me if I an wrong, but are you saying that because the removal of the SPFL Board would cause upheaval and difficulties ( which it undoubtedly would) there should be no enquiry, Rather that we should just accept that corruption and bullying happens and that it just has to be accepted as part and parcel of the keepie-uppy world of Scottish football?

Nope, I am saying that if , at this time of all times, if you are going to call for the removal of something, you really need to sell a vision of what might come after.....if they had articulated that, they may have got more support

6 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Only 1 championship team voted for it

A20DFADF-6381-4FA5-919D-ABFB4EDE9223.png

So 30% of the Member Clubs want an independent enquiry into the behaviour of the Board that is appointed by and funded by  the Member Clubs. It is hardly a ringing endorsement on their Stewardship.

Hope a Vote of No confidence is the next step, 

3 minutes ago, jaf said:

Nope, I am saying that if , at this time of all times, if you are going to call for the removal of something, you really need to sell a vision of what might come after.....if they had articulated that, they may have got more support

The vision of what might come after would simply be a Board  reprenting the best interests of all the Clubs in Scotland operating in a clear and transparent manner and for significantly less cost than that which is currently in place.  

What I would like to know is:-

Is the first rule in the articles of the SPFL To promote Scottish football

Is there a rule that says, If the football season cannot be concluded for any reason, then a points per game will be used to determine final placings.

In the first case then it should be, and on the second case if not why not. And if not how did they come to that conclusion

14 minutes ago, jaf said:

Perhaps Gardiner will just release his CV this time

So the Championship club that voted for an enquiry wasn’t Caley by all accounts but was Hearts.

Caley have made a lot of noise but (so far) done nothing to back it up. Same as Rangers, and to a lesser extent us

4 minutes ago, Emsca said:

The vision of what might come after would simply be a Board  reprenting the best interests of all the Clubs in Scotland operating in a clear and transparent manner and for significantly less cost than that which is currently in place.  

that's what we are supposed to have - and the members wont be any different, so how is the representation going to change?  do you honestly think some football chairs are good guys, and some are wanks, and just by changing the people the world is a different place without changing the rules around how they operate?

will your board be elected under the current articles? changed articles? how many on board?  from what divisions? how are board members selected/elected? whats the voting structure - does it stay the same?  

to eliminate self interest you need fundamental structural change, not shuffling a few people around 

6 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

So the Championship club that voted for an enquiry wasn’t Caley by all accounts but was Hearts.

Caley have made a lot of noise but (so far) done nothing to back it up. Same as Rangers, and to a lesser extent us

why would it be Hearts when the Premiership hasn't been called yet? although as the lower leagues have been called there should be 13 Premiership clubs and 9 Championship you would think

20 minutes ago, policemans whistle said:

What I would like to know is:-

Is the first rule in the articles of the SPFL To promote Scottish football

Is there a rule that says, If the football season cannot be concluded for any reason, then a points per game will be used to determine final placings.

In the first case then it should be, and on the second case if not why not. And if not how did they come to that conclusion

Started with Neil Lennon and Peter Lawwell and someone in the SPFL thought it was a good idea.

32 minutes ago, Emsca said:

So 30% of the Member Clubs want an independent enquiry into the behaviour of the Board that is appointed by and funded by  the Member Clubs. It is hardly a ringing endorsement on their Stewardship.

Hope a Vote of No confidence is the next step, 

If you add the abstentions as a No it’s almost 36%.

I’m sure this is going to run and run

3 minutes ago, jaggy said:

why would it be Hearts when the Premiership hasn't been called yet? although as the lower leagues have been called there should be 13 Premiership clubs and 9 Championship you would think

Probably more abstract accounting. I think the figure of 13 for was perhaps higher than I thought might have been the case. Most as before voting as "I'm all right Jack".

Murdoch MacLennans remarks ;

"I have taken careful note of the concerns expressed by the minority of clubs which voted in favour and when we are back to playing football in a safe environment, I will bring clubs together to discuss the lessons learned.

Aye right!    Where's the edge of the carpet?

16 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

No; Hearts aren't counted as a Championship club.

And neither are we. So the 1 Championship vote is ICT.