What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

35 minutes ago, allyo said:

Still love Thistle but I'm increasingly questioning whether I really want to take any part in the absolute farce that is Scottish professional football.

The Highland League is good fun, Allyo. Recommend you take in a game or two this season if you have time.

11 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

Do you not the whole board an apology for your "so a friend of mine on the board of a lower league club ..." patter?

Sure I apologize and hope that makes you feel better but it was reported as told to me which turned out to be wrong ( though I did post I was skeptical about it ) but the hearts statement was correct as it happens 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, laukat said:

Hearts now know that if they hadn't been demoted they would be playing games on the 1st August but now that they haven't been demoted are not allowed to play until 27th October. Thats probably 8 games worth and they've probably lost about £1-2 million in income. Makes legal action seem sensible if the compensation that could be won is in the region

We would at best be playing football on the 27th October if we stayed in the championship. We don't actually have a date for playing until league 1 clubs decide. It might be 27th October it could be a lot worse. Until we know it is a lot worse we've not been denied games or income. If league 1 starts on 27th October we've then got reduced income which whilst significant won't be the same order of magnitude and therefore less compensation would be due.

If it was announced league 1 would not start till January or worse would be hibernating for a season I take it we could claim compo?

20 minutes ago, The Legend Blows said:

Why is there a  big opposition to a minor league setup change.

Because the Premiership split doesn't really work when it's after two rounds. Rather than hanging on to a proposal that was never going to work Thistle should have driven a 12 team Championship idea that as there is unlikely to be any Div 1 / Div 2 nobody could reasonably have argued against.

Instead we got the fantasy world of statements appealing to other clubs good nature. Naive nonsense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

I think we now need to hear from L1/2 clubs if they intend to play next season or not. And if as expected many don't, then they will have to rejig the leagues..

Whilst we have been screwed, we're partly to blame as we were never out of the bottom couple of places of the championship for most of the last couple of years. We  escaped relegation on the last day of the season and never really improved. The boards are partly to blame.

Yes, our team has been crap for a couple of years, but to try to put some of the "blame" onto PTFC for getting royally shafted looks to me exactly the lie down and show your meekness response that Doncaster & Co want and probably expect from Thistle and Thistle supporters.

• Like 1

So now we're in division 1 surely it would be completely in order for us to ask the SPFL board and administration to provide us with an indicitive date for football to re-commence, eitjer with fans or behind closed doors? We should also have the right to demand that the other clubs in the division make a public statement as to whether or not they intend to play this season. Then we can decide if we are to be denied an income and proceed from there.

• Like 1

Quite honestly,  I'm totally sick of the whole kit & caboodle.  During the lockdown I've found more entertaining and less expensive things to  do on a Saturday.

If the club manage to survive this whole shameful episode of vote rigging, lies and deceipt, then  I'm determined that I will go and support the Jags in whatever form

the club takes iin the future but not a single penny will be spent by me on away games. 

The people who run the game in Scotland continue to treat us , the fans, as absolute mugs. 

Taking into account the cost of admission, the often appalling toilet facilities, the ridiculously expensive catering  and the anti-social midweek kick off times. 

This current debacle has been the final nail in the coffin for this partucular away fan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

As I read things a majority of clubs could vote in favour of this reconstruction proposal but due to the voting demographics the motion fails. And, if Hearts/Hearts, Us & Stranraer went to court and were to be awarded compensation, then it's possible that the majority of clubs being forced to pay out thru the SPFL were clubs that favoured the reconstruction. As  ludicrous a situation as that is it's still not exactly that much of an unlikely outcome. Also surely the Hearts/Hearts, Us & Stranraer claim would be further strengthened on the back of a failed majority vote?

Not being smart after your post but did think of the following scenario only a few days ago! 

1. Hearts/Jags/Stranraer either collectively or individually lose case to block relegation but win case for damages (compensation) & legal costs! 

2. Court ruling means the remaining 39 SPFL clubs have to pay loses that will be sustained by the 3 clubs, estimated by Glasgow Herald at approx £6m + legal costs (guessed by me minimum £500k - but probably much more) 

3. Clubs who were in favour of reconstruction  - thought to be around 16 but can't prove this due to absence of a formal vote - will argue they shouldn't have to contribute to compensation and that the financial responsibility rests with the club who did not support reconstruction. Since no formal vote was held supporting clubs will be assumed to be included in the 39!

4. Potential legal action by those in favour of reconstruction against SPFL to reclaim the money they contributed to the court awarded compensation payment! 

Given today's news I would just love this scenario to happen and hell mend the SPFL and its members!