What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

5 hours ago, eljaggo said:

Why do we need both the SFA and the SPFL? 

We don't! 

Henry Mcleish, in his review of Scottish Football a few years ago recommended a single body to oversee and run the game. 

But Jobs for the boys kicked in and the recommendation was never implemented! 

I would like to see one body with Ian Maxwell leading and to the tune of the Proclaimers (letter from America) 

McLennan no more

Doncaster no more

SPFL no more. 

Everyone loves Partick Thistle. 

I used to believe this. Get it right intae them all! Let everyone hate us.

Full steam ahead. Will Scottish justice prevail?

Well done to our benefactor and to Hearts. Could ICT, Falkirk  and Stranraer join in?

Forfar Athletic, Brechin City, Ross County.  You’re a disgrace. Die!!!!

51 minutes ago, sandy said:

We’ve grown cohones

We've been given money. End of the day that's the only language the SPFL understands

Seriously...apologies for using two cliches within the one sentence. I'd hang my head in shame, but that would be a third one.

Edited by allyo

41 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

Not that I particularly share his views, but it would be great if we could all be sent back to the sixties.

We’d still have Denis McQuade, Dougie Somner, Oct ‘71, Tomasszevski and numerous successful Qualifying Campaigns to look forward to!

And some football At Firhill!

You forgot 1967. England 2 Scotland 3. The new World champions.

26 minutes ago, fenski said:

While it makes us all feel good that the club is showing a bit of fighting spirit, I do wonder if we will be better off in the longer term, given the damage it'll do to relationships with other clubs. They will get their own back one way or another...

I see where your coming from and I agree with you to a degree. I think every poster on this thread would have preferred a footballing solution. There does though come a point when you have to say enough is enough. Delurker (see below) is right. 26 clubs were against reconstruction in the full knowledge that by doing so they were inflicting long-term and serious damage to PTFC to the point where we could be out of business! Did they care - no at all! 

We have 13 friends (assuming the three relegated clubs voted for change) so stuff the rest and if some go out of business, tough! 

16 minutes ago, delurker said:

They've already shown that our behaviour, which has been exemplary, does not matter.

They will repeatedly stab us in the back and endanger the future of our club whenever it serves their immediate interest.

And right now there is no longer-term, they have put us in immediate danger of going out of business, court action is the only avenue to ensure survival.

Fully agree. Looks like I am getting my cake and getting to eat it! I see Peterhead FC have already broken ranks from their fellow SPFL members by going public on how they voted. There will be more of this in the next few days and weeks! 

The edifice that is the SPFL is rotten to the core, after some initial blustering - watch it crack! 

I hope the Hearts/Thistle combination, if a winning hand develops, play hardball and don't forget Stranraer/Kelty & Brora and if possible Brechin - get then down! 

Also cause as much damage to the SPFL and the 26 bandits as we can! 

Ai know a lot of the above suggestions are wishful thinking but as a Jag it feels great just to say it. 

A very big thank you to whoever is funding our legal action! 

57 minutes ago, javeajag said:

from kheredine bbc

The only surprise for me was @PartickThistle ‘s statement yesterday that they wouldn’t be going down the legal route. Fully expected them to somehow join forces with @JamTarts . Was told the approximate joint claim would be for compensation in the order of £6m (5m Hearts ; 1m PT)

I hope we are making a multiple legal challenge:

1. To block the relegation - and if this fails) and it didn't in France or Belgium, then 

2. A claim for compensation. 

11 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

1. To block the relegation - and if this fails) and it didn't in France or Belgium, then 

If the relegation is declared illegal and all attempts at reconstruction are over, then I guess it's 12-10-10-10 and no relegation or promotion

Poor old Dundee Utd, Raith, and Cove. gutted for them

56 minutes ago, fenski said:

While it makes us all feel good that the club is showing a bit of fighting spirit, I do wonder if we will be better off in the longer term, given the damage it'll do to relationships with other clubs. They will get their own back one way or another...

Or are we getting our own back on some of these clubs?  No I see it as more we are fighting for our own survival.  They were the ones who effectively stabbed us in the back not the other way about, it could conceivably be us who are understandably looking to get our own back on them - but its not, its about ensuring our beloved club is still here. 

When you say other clubs anyway - you mean the likes of Dunfermline who voted against us in 2004 and voted twice against us now and whose Chairman apparently according to their fans has always disliked Partick Thistle, or do you mean the likes of Ross County who have told us and Hearts just take our medicine because we deserve to go down while he is not interested in reconstruction and solely with county getting as much money as possible and to hell with other clubs, perhaps you mean Hamiltons who told Partick Thistle not to be too upset he couldnt vote with his heart and it was purely a business decision, similarlily clubs like St Mirren and Killie doing the same.  Maybe you mean the likes of motherwell and Killie who similar to Dunfermine have now voted against us twice this summer and did so in 2004 too.  Maybe you mean Dundee whose two faced Chairman told us he was going to vote no, then deliberately delayed it and voted yes very likely after some interesting phone calls.  Or maybe you are meaning the likes of Clyde and Forfar whose chairman came out with them wanting us down solely their clubs could benefit from the size of our away support, then after voting us down would like to see league one actually mothballed because they cant afford it therefore putting us in a situation where we have to lose hardworking office staff and players during a pandemic.    Or maybe Albion Rovers whose Chairmen said he voted no because he could not bebotehred travelling further distances to teams like Kelty coming up etc.  I could quite honestly go through the whole 26 clubs that have treated us appallingly.

Dont kid yourself every one of these clubs who have twice voted against reconstruction could not have cared less what happened to Partick Thistle and would quite happily see our very existence be in question.  They will get their own back, I dont quite understand what they can do that can be worse than them nearly snuffing out our existence.  We do not owe a single one of these clubs that have pushed us into such a terrible situation a thing. 

I would think if we get compensation then we will refund the 16 teams such as Falkirk, Stranraer etc and i believe we can have a far closer relationships with these teams - there are already for instance Hearts fans who when crowds can return who want friendlies to played against us and Stranraer who can sell out our grounds or have the games at Tynecastle and give us half the gate.  Perhaps if we are looking to loan out promising youngsters we do so  not to teams like Forfar or Clyde but to Stranraer for instance

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

If the relegation is declared illegal and all attempts at reconstruction are over, then I guess it's 12-10-10-10 and no relegation or promotion

Poor old Dundee Utd, Raith, and Cove. gutted for them

Hypothetically, could a 13 team SPL work next season? In England last season, Bury went to the wall leaving League One with an odd number of teams (23). As far as I know they were able to rejig fixtures by giving clubs a "bye weekend" every so often. Next season could see the bottom two relegated with 12 teams again for 21-22 season. 

18 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I hope we are making a multiple legal challenge:

2. A claim for compensation. 

Even compensation would be better than nothing as it would go a long way to keeping us in existence

3 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Hypothetically, could a 13 team SPL work next season? In England last season, Bury went to the wall leaving League One with an odd number of teams (23). As far as I know they were able to rejig fixtures by giving clubs a "bye weekend" every so often. Next season could see the bottom two relegated with 12 teams again for 21-22 season. 

I have long suggested 13-10-10-9 with the premier league and league 2 clubs playing a friendly on their "spare" weekend.

My final post for at least.... Oh an hour! 

I have never understood the intense dislike for our Chair, Jacqui Low! 

Admittedly she (and the Board) have made  mistakes. However other Chairs in other Clubs have made similar mistakes without attracting the personal vilification to which Jacqui Low has been subjected! 

I wonder if the leadership she is now showing and her passion for PTFC which is clear in her recent letter  (to the SPFL) and recent strongly worded statements is making her critics respect her a little more or at least encourage them to give her another chance! 

Just wondering! 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Even compensation would be better than nothing as it would go a long way to keeping us in existence

Absolutely! 

All I am saying is surely the main aim is to block this unfair and unjust relegation

Legal claims including a number of different elements are commonplace even those which basically say "we claim this (block relegation) but if this clam fails then we claim that (compensation) " 

6 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

My final post for at least.... Oh an hour! 

I have never understood the intense dislike for our Chair, Jacqui Low! 

Admittedly she (and the Board) have made  mistakes. However other Chairs in other Clubs have made similar mistakes without attracting the personal vilification to which Jacqui Low has been subjected! 

I wonder if the leadership she is now showing and her passion for PTFC which is clear in her recent letter  (to the SPFL) and recent strongly worded statements is making her critics respect her a little more or at least encourage them to give her another chance! 

Just wondering! 

Just now, exiledjag said:

Absolutely! 

All I am saying is surely the main aim is to block this unfair and unjust relegation

Legal claims including a number of different elements are commonplace even those which basically say "we claim this (block relegation) but if this clam fails then we claim that (compensation) " 

That was a short hour !

18 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Or are we getting our own back on some of these clubs?  No I see it as more we are fighting for our own survival.  They were the ones who effectively stabbed us in the back not the other way about, it could conceivably be us who are understandably looking to get our own back on them - but its not, its about ensuring our beloved club is still here. 

When you say other clubs anyway - you mean the likes of Dunfermline who voted against us in 2004 and voted twice against us now and whose Chairman apparently according to their fans has always disliked Partick Thistle, or do you mean the likes of Ross County who have told us and Hearts just take our medicine because we deserve to go down while he is not interested in reconstruction and solely with county getting as much money as possible and to hell with other clubs, perhaps you mean Hamiltons who told Partick Thistle not to be too upset he couldnt vote with his heart and it was purely a business decision, similarlily clubs like St Mirren and Killie doing the same.  Maybe you mean the likes of motherwell and Killie who similar to Dunfermine have now voted against us twice this summer and did so in 2004 too.  Maybe you mean Dundee whose two faced Chairman told us he was going to vote no, then deliberately delayed it and voted yes very likely after some interesting phone calls.  Or maybe you are meaning the likes of Clyde and Forfar whose chairman came out with them wanting us down solely their clubs could benefit from the size of our away support, then after voting us down would like to see league one actually mothballed because they cant afford it therefore putting us in a situation where we have to lose hardworking office staff and players during a pandemic.    Or maybe Albion Rovers whose Chairmen said he voted no because he could not bebotehred travelling further distances to teams like Kelty coming up etc.  I could quite honestly go through the whole 26 clubs that have treated us appallingly.

Dont kid yourself every one of these clubs who have twice voted against reconstruction could not have cared less what happened to Partick Thistle and would quite happily see our very existence be in question.  They will get their own back, I dont quite understand what they can do that can be worse than them nearly snuffing out our existence.  We do not owe a single one of these clubs that have pushed us into such a terrible situation a thing. 

I would think if we get compensation then we will refund the 16 teams such as Falkirk, Stranraer etc and i believe we can have a far closer relationships with these teams - there are already for instance Hearts fans who when crowds can return who want friendlies to played against us and Stranraer who can sell out our grounds or have the games at Tynecastle and give us half the gate.  Perhaps if we are looking to loan out promising youngsters we do so  not to teams like Forfar or Clyde but to Stranraer for instance

This would be brilliant! Imagine a pre-season tournament at Tynecastle or Firhill between the 3 teams with no segregation and fans mixing, joking & taking the micky! Just one big laugh. Both sets of fans taunting the SPFL, Ross County, Dunfermline, Clyde and so on and on and on! 

What a gala occasion that would be - a celebration of good over evil! Bring it on and may the Force be with you!