What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

1 hour ago, scotty said:

Just who is taking the piss here?

It's fairly obvious, no?

Put the boot on the other foot - let's say it's the Jags in a Scottish Cup semifinal & had sought & been granted government level approval to start (fully conversant with current regulations) training a few weeks ahead of the other teams in the league - teams that also had the option to start training but didn't. 

Then some elite level players upset the apple cart by acting like idiots. The SFAs response through their pompous sounding blazer ridden JRG is to decide to tell us to immediately cease training on both safety grounds and because some pub team chairmen who wanted us in that league & voted for it now think its unfair we've got a bigger budget and have started training early. There are also unconfirmed reports of top level government interference. 

Meanwhile, Celtic and Aberdeen jog on as if nothing happened and an English team (Hull City) also use our allegedly unsafe training facility at Heriot Watt University with nothing said to the contrary. 

Cue clumsy and piss taking social media posts from clubs like Alloa and clowns like the Morton chairman spouting crap to whoever will listen about unfairness. 

Boot on tbe other foot scotty ... exactly who do you think is taking the piss here? 

15 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

It's fairly obvious, no?

Boot on tbe other foot scotty ... exactly who do you think is taking the piss here? 

I wasn't meaning to take a dig at you. It seems like a really clumsy attempt by Alloa to take a pop at Hearts and to be funny at the same time. Maybe because we're too close but I personally think it failed and has opened them up to all sorts well deserved piss-taking!

(No, I haven't missed the irony of making a clumsy attempt at highlighting their clumsiness!) :innocent:

35 minutes ago, javeajag said:

So fans in firhill when season starts ?

A tentative smile and nod from me.  Maybe face masks will be compulsory?  

I would also be looking to sit far away from the lunatics who foam at the mouth when a referee does not (correctly) call for a offside  spitting all over the place.

23 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

I’m surprised with that announcement with cases rising. Norway declaring UK “Red” and Aberdeen still in lockdown 

What's the situation in Norway?  I lose track of what's going on in UK let alone Europe.  Personally I feel like it's obvious that cases will rise as we go out more so it's something that needs to be managed by all taking precautions where possible with local lockdowns the last resort.

1 hour ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

What's the situation in Norway?  I lose track of what's going on in UK let alone Europe.  Personally I feel like it's obvious that cases will rise as we go out more so it's something that needs to be managed by all taking precautions where possible with local lockdowns the last resort.

Norway is pretty much ok. Wee spike when schools started back after summer although Oslo is “Red” as per FHI (20 cases per 100000 over 14 days), entering country from UK come midnight on Friday means 10 days quarantine 

3 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

I’m surprised with that announcement with cases rising. Norway declaring UK “Red” and Aberdeen still in lockdown 

Not really ....Aberdeen will probably come out of lockdown next week , the R number is 1% still well below the WHO level of 5% and stadiums are effectively outside and maybe with 25/33% occupancy 

55 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Not really ....Aberdeen will probably come out of lockdown next week , the R number is 1% still well below the WHO level of 5% and stadiums are effectively outside and maybe with 25/33% occupancy 

Yes but as soon as it get's to 1% it is deemed as the virus is on the increase which will probably then lead to further local lockdowns

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Very interesting stats I saw earlier, comparing levels of testing Vs levels of infection. At the start it almost followed each other, last 2 months the testing line is separating from the infection rate at an increasing rate.

Yes the amount of cases is rising , but (Trying not to sound like Trump) as the testing level is massively increasing that was always going to happen, 

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Yes but as soon as it get's to 1% it is deemed as the virus is on the increase which will probably then lead to further local lockdowns

It seems that the R is only important if the prevalence of the virus is high. FM said today that it is likely that R is above 1 just now.

12 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Just to point out that the R number is not a percentage. It's the number of others that an infected person is calculated to transmit the virus to.

• Thanks 1

On 8/20/2020 at 3:25 PM, Lenziejag said:

Rugby union hoping to have a test event on 31st Aug Murrayfield. 700 in a 67,000 seater stadium. I am not quite sure what that would prove ?

maybe that procedures in one part of a stadium are okay and can be scaled up gradually to other sections of the ground - after suitable whole staff training :unknw:

42 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

maybe that procedures in one part of a stadium are okay and can be scaled up gradually to other sections of the ground - after suitable whole staff training :unknw:

Still not sure that it will prove very much. That’s the equivalent of testing procedures with 100 people at Firhill. 

On 8/21/2020 at 9:55 AM, Dick Dastardly said:

Or to put another way, if the number of currently infected people is growing, R is above 1. If it is reducing, R is below 1

The R number is a lot more of a reliable measure when there are lots of cases. When cases are low it fluctuates a lot more depending on outbreaks clusters ect. Think It was above 3 at one point in Germamy about a month ago when they had consistently low cases after an outbreak at a factory. Point is as cases are at a low level in Scotland the R number becomes less important in terms of indicating how infection rates are changing

Edited by Jag36