What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

On 8/22/2020 at 9:32 PM, Norgethistle said:

This is very interesting, and data seems true (Checking worldoneters) .https://youtu.be/FU3OibcindQ

Cases do seem to be increasing just about everywhere so the next month or so i think will really interesting in terms of what direction this is going and whether theres something in this 'casedemic' theory.  Until theres a clearer picture though i think caution is still the way to go

Edited by Jag36

I see from the Dundee Courier that Wraith Rovers' megamouth deceitful chairman Bill Clark has stood down.  Perhaps he's got a job on the Trump presidential campaign team.  His (imo) talent for being economical with the truth and lack of integrity  will be of use there!

MacLennan; Doncaster; Hewitson; McGregor; Cameron; McKinnon ; Tatters et al  still to go!

Keep football tidy!!

:police:

• Like 1

Rangers v Dundee Utd, Ross County v Celtic and one other game on September 12th will be used as test events for crowds at football. The test events will have crowds in the low hundreds.  Just been said on STV news the Scottish government has asked all SPFL clubs for ideas on how to get fans into grounds.

Edited by Auld Jag

• 2 months later...

Sorry to dig this thread up again. An article on the BBC sport website says that all 42 league clubs in Scotland are still awaiting the final payment on the tv money for last season. This money has been paid in October in the past. The SPFL say it can't be paid until the accounts are signed of and they hope to get them done by the end of December. So much for clubs desperate for money.

2 hours ago, elevenone said:

Four first team Clyde players test positive for Covid.

Hardly surprising 

My daughter's boyfriend plays for Elgin. 4 guys car sharing going to games etc

All have other jobs s mixing all over the place.

Do not understand why the lower leagues are still allowed to play when a barber can't open

52 minutes ago, thebiglemon said:

Hardly surprising 

My daughter's boyfriend plays for Elgin. 4 guys car sharing going to games etc

All have other jobs s mixing all over the place.

Do not understand why the lower leagues are still allowed to play when a barber can't open

Ironically Elgin allowing some fans back in for match tomorrow.

Listening to Doncaster and Cormack of Aberdeen on sportsound, we will not be getting crowds of a good size back at football any time soon. They just constantly slagged of the Scottish government. Diplomatic corps not a path they could take. When Doncaster was asked about the money  still to be paid to clubs from last season, he completely side stepped the issue. How is this guy still in a job.

18 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Listening to Doncaster and Cormack of Aberdeen on sportsound, we will not be getting crowds of a good size back at football any time soon. They just constantly slagged of the Scottish government. Diplomatic corps not a path they could take. When Doncaster was asked about the money  still to be paid to clubs from last season, he completely side stepped the issue. How is this guy still in a job.

Scottish Rugby Union looking to get crowds of 1,000 in January, building to crowds of 20,000 for the 5 Nations games.  Meeting  Fitzpatrick this week.  If this gets the go ahead, football supporters are being treated as 2nd class citizens.  If that happens,  the SFA/SPFL need to seek a judicial review of the decision.   On this occasion,  I think Scottish football is right to contest the way we are being treated.  The SG needs to get it's head round the fact that very few football fans are hooligans in this day and age.

We were supposed to get funding earlier this year,  but the payday came and went.  UK government have rejected the Barnett sum due as a result of their £20 million payment to National League clubs. Said the SG got sufficient funds to deal in Coid issues in Scotland.   I'm speechless at their audacity. 

1 minute ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Scottish Rugby Union looking to get crowds of 1,000 in January, building to crowds of 20,000 for the 5 Nations games.  Meeting  Fitzpatrick this week.  If this gets the go ahead, football supporters are being treated as 2nd class citizens.  If that happens,  the SFA/SPFL need to seek a judicial review of the decision.   On this occasion,  I think Scottish football is right to contest the way we are being treated.  The SG needs to get it's head round the fact that very few football fans are hooligans in this day and age.

We were supposed to get funding earlier this year,  but the payday came and went.  UK government have rejected the Barnett sum due as a result of their £20 million payment to National League clubs. Said the SG got sufficient funds to deal in Coid issues in Scotland.   I'm speechless at their audacity. 

Doncaster and Cormack did nothing for footballs cause today on sportsound. 

5 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Are the SG not sitting on a bunch of money that they seem unwilling to distribute to anybody, maybe they don’t think football is a good enough cause , although don’t think Doncaster and Co are helping matters .

12 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Are the SG not sitting on a bunch of money that they seem unwilling to distribute to anybody, maybe they don’t think football is a good enough cause , although don’t think Doncaster and Co are helping matters .

That's the Scottish tory line too. SG are supposed to spend the same cash on multiple things!

13 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

On 23/09/20 the Joint Response Group met Fitzpatrick and the SG were to contact the UK government seeking additional funding for Scottish sport. It looks like the UK government has said to Fitzpatrick to look to the £20 billion ? given to the SG for Covid costs to find the cash needed. But the UK government  has increased funding for sport in England, and refused to increase funding elsewhere.

We are stuck in the middle of this, and an earlier promise by the SG has disappeared into the ether!  The SPFL even set up a news conference to announce the funding, only for the conference not to take place! Since then - zilch.