What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

3 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

I'd just give it all to Motherwell.

They seem to benefit the most when anything is going down.

Benefit when others are punished, benefit when they are not punished, benefit through dodgy relegation, get extra points when others are done for Covid breaches.....

Maybe I imagined some of that? 

No i don't think you imagined anything. After we were told to 'take our medicine', we now have St. Mirren and Kilmarnock moaning about losing games for breaking covid protocol. Unlike us, Hearts and Stranraer, they are only conceding 2games and 1 game respectively. Take your medicine, you have enough games to recover, unlike Thistle, Hearts and Stranraer.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Is shutting the season down becoming a real possibility again

Yes I'm sure for everyone except the Premier it's a real possibility. 

Unless they can introduce testing down the leagues it probably should happen.  

Where else can you cram 20 guys into a room and hug a bunch of guys outdoors these days?

The situation in January looks like being at least as bad as April 2020. 

6 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I didn’t really understand the story re George Galloway ? He was at the game vs Dundee on Boxing Day. Were there no other fans there ?

No fans as from Boxing Day the whole of Scotland moved to Tier 4 restrictions. 

According to the QotS board they forgot to inform Galloway, who presumably requires personal notification and was blissfully unaware of the change in circumstances. He was then magically able to waltz into Palmerston with his family unchallenged. 

Dominic Cummings was more believable than this crock of shite. Can't blame Queen's fans for spitting blood over this. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Muscat Jag said:

According to the QotS board they forgot to inform Galloway, who presumably requires personal notification and was blissfully unaware of the change in circumstances. He was then magically able to waltz into Palmerston with his family unchallenged. 

Dominic Cummings was more believable than this crock of shite. Can't blame Queen's fans for spitting blood over this. 

Crock of shite it surely is.  

1 hour ago, Muscat Jag said:

Galloway declared in advance he was going to break the SG's restrictions so he deserves any and all punishments meted out to him. Wonder if QoS are looking to Galloway as their alternative unionist candidate?  :no:

22 minutes ago, scotty said:

Galloway declared in advance he was going to break the SG's restrictions so he deserves any and all punishments meted out to him. Wonder if QoS are looking to Galloway as their alternative unionist candidate?  :no:

Apparently no action being taken by Police Scotland against either club or Galloway. Kind of makes the law redundant if the police won't enforce it.

I see that Sam Allardyce is already asking for a covid break in England. Assuming that the Scottish Leagues were stopped now and a vote taken on using the current placings, I wonder how Queen of the South, Ross, Forfar and Celtic would now vote ? Would Rangers, Falkirk and Hearts also change from No to Yes ?

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I see that Sam Allardyce is already asking for a covid break in England. Assuming that the Scottish Leagues were stopped now and a vote taken on using the current placings, I wonder how Queen of the South, Ross, Forfar and Celtic would now vote ? Would Rangers, Falkirk and Hearts also change from No to Yes ?

QOTS would vote the same way after last nights results. Ross County, I am sure, would just take their medicine. Forfar would vote whichever way would keep Thistle and Falkirk in their league. Brechin would also vote the same way as they did as they are still bottom ! 

Sturgeon having emergency meeting tomorrow - EIS teachers union looking for longer school closures in Scotland with schools chaos down south -  allied to calls from Keir Starmer and the Liverpool city council for a (proper) national lockdown - seems to be growing momentum towards another full on lockdown perhaps up to April to allow vaccines to be rolled out properly.

People just not taking it seriously - was walking the dug in Rouken Glen park yesterday & today - play park at the pavilion was heaving parents grouped together no masks and their weans mingling on all the slides and chutes &it was jumping up at the pond. 

What that might mean for football is anyone’s guess but probably same as before as precedent was set last season - however as full control wasn’t handed to the spfl it would undoubtedly be another vote ... what could possibly go wrong?!

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

The SPFL will do everything to make sure the premier league keeps going, although Celtic unlike last season might just want this season to be void. The other leagues below the premier the SPFL don't care what happens to them.

That would force Rangers to join the English premiership!  Or......perhaps not.

Would love to see the look on their faces because the bluenoses are getting very cocky!

The following scenario is not impossible: The season gets stopped prematurely and the teams who are currently top/bottom of their respective leagues will get promoted/relegated. If this comes to pass in a couple of weeks, we could well see Thistle either behind Falkirk (at the top) by one or two points, but with a game in hand.  Almost deja vu...  in the other direction. We will again need to "take our medicine."