What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

24 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

A journalist on Twitter had mentioned it.

Part time players can’t go to day job but can train and play football doesn’t seem right

I may be wrong as I have lost track as to what is essential or non essential, but if a part time players is an essential job, he can go to work if unable to work from home. Whether part time football is essential is another question.

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I may be wrong as I have lost track as to what is essential or non essential, but if a part time players is an essential job, he can go to work if unable to work from home. Whether part time football is essential is another question.

It is kinda confusing. I suppose part time football is just as essential (or non essential) as full time football. All the same you'd think there would be some sort of employment/furlough issues to overcome in some instances.

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

The SotGov website  lists 26 reasonable excuses to leave home. When it comes to working, there is no distinction between essential and non-essential jobs.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/

12 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

The SotGov website  lists 26 reasonable excuses to leave home. When it comes to working, there is no distinction between essential and non-essential jobs.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/

Bullet point / excuse to go out #23 - professional sports to continue as you were

1 hour ago, delurker said:

The club should be making the complaint about the further injustice of the SG cash distribution noisily in the media.

I don't think that the split between Championship (£500k) and League One (£150k) is right, but equally it would not be fair if we were given more that other teams in League One just because we are full time.

12 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I don't think that the split between Championship (£500k) and League One (£150k) is right, but equally it would not be fair if we were given more that other teams in League One just because we are full time.

If I was in charge of Sports grants I would stipulate that the recipients sign a "no transfer" agreement. I can imagine how other struggling sports clubs must feel when they see football clubs buying players a few weeks after getting the grant. 

23 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

That’s probably true. The grant was to help the clubs survive, not to compete. So the equitable distribution would have been to split it between full time clubs and part time clubs not by division.

6 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

That’s probably true. The grant was to help the clubs survive, not to compete. So the equitable distribution would have been to split it between full time clubs and part time clubs not by division.

Surely the cost of saving part time jobs  v full time jobs should have been factored in? 

36 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

And if you were the Montrose chairman, how would you feel if 2 of your competitors were given 3 times as much cash as your club ? 

25 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Not quite the right thread but... presumably Saturday's game will be postponed given the cold spell will continue through Friday night and our unwillingness to use the undersoil heating

Looks likely, I've not see anything on the official site advertising the game bar the selling of a program for the game.

Noticed that Livi moved their game to Sunday to try and give their pitch time -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55575170

27 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

And if you were the Montrose chairman, how would you feel if 2 of your competitors were given 3 times as much cash as your club ? 

If the normal streams of income were open that is exactly what the case would be.  Our crowd income is vastly different to montrose, so I would argue the grant should have been equitable. The alternative is PTFC downsize substantially  to maximum our grant. I'm assuming fans would not want this.