What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

13 minutes ago, P-R said:

Not sure .....if you vaccinate 400,000 a week that’s 4m in 10 weeks which is mid may starting in March or 12 weeks by the end of May which would be 4.8m  .....unless they won’t have the supply 

16 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Not sure .....if you vaccinate 400,000 a week that’s 4m in 10 weeks which is mid may starting in March or 12 weeks by the end of May which would be 4.8m  .....unless they won’t have the supply 

Going to be a hell of a turnaround, currently doing roughly 40k vaccines per week .

21 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

So far they have matched for each of 4 nations, Scotland though is lagging slightly behind England in administrating the doses

To be fair we decided to concentrate on care homes first more time consuming and logistically challenging but  which are probably just about done now it was 80% by Thursday .....England didn’t so different approach

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I don’t think they would put it in print if they weren’t confident 

They put in print 1 million vaccines by the end of January , it’s now been downgraded to 560k which I don”t think will happen either as that would mean roughly 150/200k per week for the next two weeks.

Not confident at all , 

Edited by jlsarmy

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

They put in print 1 million vaccines by the end of January , it’s now been downgraded to 560k which I don”t think will happen either as that would mean roughly 150/200k per week for the next two weeks.

Not confident at all , 

Well the 400000 figure by the end of February was first published this week and there was no need to publish it  .....we shall see

54 minutes ago, javeajag said:

To be fair we decided to concentrate on care homes first more time consuming and logistically challenging but  which are probably just about done now it was 80% by Thursday .....England didn’t so different approach

England will finish all care home patients in next 7 days

9 hours ago, fenski said:

Not confident any vaccination targets will be met. The logistics are exceptionally challenging and systems archaic.

The military should be given complete control of the logistics, they have the manpower, resources and most importantly they won’t be profiting from it or lining friends pockets to help

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

The military should be given complete control of the logistics, they have the manpower, resources and most importantly they won’t be profiting from it or lining friends pockets to help

And it will give the conspiracy theorists something else to anguish about. :confused1:

The military are already involved - I know because a colleague at another local authority has had meetings with them - he has been helping with analysis of population distribution to determine best location for vaccination centres.

I'm also a bit concerned about there being an element of post code lottery about this. My 89 mum (Glasgow) has heard nothing, my wife's 89 year old aunt (Dundee) has had first jab.