What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

We won’t restart this season, and if we do actually start next season I don’t see fans being back. 
We now have a relentless message of decide later from both Governments. 
Short lockdown before Xmas, now talking about to April or May.

Temporary ban on travel, now talk of keeping borders closed all year, and as a UK citizen and passport holder living abroad it is currently illegal for me to repatriate. 

Pubs and restaurants closed as a circuit break in October, now not likely to open till June.

We will be ok with the vaccine, now we are being told even when all vaccinated the same restrictions will apply.

Football returning is way down my list when it comes to getting my civil liberties back, rights on a passport for a returning citizen returned, employment laws reinstated and human right to a family life brought back.

This is the new normal if you allow it and don’t question it

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

We won’t restart this season, and if we do actually start next season I don’t see fans being back. 
We now have a relentless message of decide later from both Governments. 
Short lockdown before Xmas, now talking about to April or May.

Temporary ban on travel, now talk of keeping borders closed all year, and as a UK citizen and passport holder living abroad it is currently illegal for me to repatriate. 

Pubs and restaurants closed as a circuit break in October, now not likely to open till June.

We will be ok with the vaccine, now we are being told even when all vaccinated the same restrictions will apply.

Football returning is way down my list when it comes to getting my civil liberties back, rights on a passport for a returning citizen returned, employment laws reinstated and human right to a family life brought back.

This is the new normal if you allow it and don’t question it

Have you be men given any indication at all as to when you might be able to return to the UK, catch up with family etc?

56 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Have you be men given any indication at all as to when you might be able to return to the UK, catch up with family etc?

Current advice I’ve been given regarding an entry to the UK is no plan in foreseeable future, we are hearing nothing till autumn at earliest . I have a business critical job that needs doing in Aberdeen that I need to be on site to run, even with agreement to quarantine and 2 test prior to travel and do 10 days quarantine in UK on arrival we are being told no, not only that but if I do reach UK border I am likely to be prosecuted as the job is classed as non-essential by UK and Scottish government. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Current advice I’ve been given regarding an entry to the UK is no plan in foreseeable future, we are hearing nothing till autumn at earliest . I have a business critical job that needs doing in Aberdeen that I need to be on site to run, even with agreement to quarantine and 2 test prior to travel and do 10 days quarantine in UK on arrival we are being told no, not only that but if I do reach UK border I am likely to be prosecuted as the job is classed as non-essential by UK and Scottish government. 

Is Norway on the list of countries where aerials in England need to isolate ? Could you fly to Manchester or Newcastle then get a train to Aberdeen ?

17 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Is Norway on the list of countries where aerials in England need to isolate ? Could you fly to Manchester or Newcastle then get a train to Aberdeen ?

There is no “travel corridor” now. Only essential personal can now travel to UK. (Pilots, offshore workers, doctors, nurses, boat crews and the like). 
there are less than 20000 people arriving in UK per day now, a percentage passing through the rest fall into that category. Compare that to 120000 a day at heathrow alone. 
Aberdeen now only has 2 international flights a day. Both from Norway for offshore workers going back and forward, it used to have 5 a day from Stavanger alone (plus Bergen and Oslo) plus various other countries. Even in a worst case scenario I can’t get back. 

Norway is having roughly 60 cases a day and total deaths around 600, but even though we are safe I can pre-test pre and post-quarantine it’s not legally possible anymore 

37 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

There is no “travel corridor” now. Only essential personal can now travel to UK. (Pilots, offshore workers, doctors, nurses, boat crews and the like). 
there are less than 20000 people arriving in UK per day now, a percentage passing through the rest fall into that category. Compare that to 120000 a day at heathrow alone. 
Aberdeen now only has 2 international flights a day. Both from Norway for offshore workers going back and forward, it used to have 5 a day from Stavanger alone (plus Bergen and Oslo) plus various other countries. Even in a worst case scenario I can’t get back. 

Norway is having roughly 60 cases a day and total deaths around 600, but even though we are safe I can pre-test pre and post-quarantine it’s not legally possible anymore 

Interesting. I'm supposed to be working in Finland from late March for much of the year. From what you're saying it looks unlikey in the Spring. I even thought about staying out there for up to 3 months to see if quarantine might have ended by then but who knows?

15 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Interesting. I'm supposed to be working in Finland from late March for much of the year. From what you're saying it looks unlikey in the Spring. I even thought about staying out there for up to 3 months to see if quarantine might have ended by then but who knows?

You may get out (depending on Finland) but currently you’d struggle to get back

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

No need to tag on "and Scottish government," as Scottish government cannot overrule the so-called UK government on immigration matters.

Let there be no doubt: this shambles (I'm also "exiled" abroad, unable to return without basically being more or less imprisoned) is entirely the so-called UK government's doing.

It would be interesting to see a list of known cases of Covid-19 among Premiership and Championship players and those in Divisions 1 and 2.

We've certainly seen multiple cases announced concerning players the top two tiers in the past few months, but I can't remember ANY in the lower two tiers.  And yet it's the latter that are being accused by some of being most likely to spread the virus, and denied the right to play football.

Of course this might simply reflect a bias in what the media report, but it wouldn't be too much trouble for an investigative journalist to call every club and ask them.

But then again, maybe the whole concept of "investigative journalist" is now obsolete. 

57 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

It would be interesting to see a list of known cases of Covid-19 among Premiership and Championship players and those in Divisions 1 and 2.

We've certainly seen multiple cases announced concerning players the top two tiers in the past few months, but I can't remember ANY in the lower two tiers.  And yet it's the latter that are being accused by some of being most likely to spread the virus, and denied the right to play football.

Of course this might simply reflect a bias in what the media report, but it wouldn't be too much trouble for an investigative journalist to call every club and ask them.

But then again, maybe the whole concept of "investigative journalist" is now obsolete. 

If i remember correctly Clyde have had to cancel 2 games because of covid, can't think of any others. Of course they have not been testing in the lower leagues. If  we ever get this season restarted and test more cases might come to light.

6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

No need to tag on "and Scottish government," as Scottish government cannot overrule the so-called UK government on immigration matters.

Let there be no doubt: this shambles (I'm also "exiled" abroad, unable to return without basically being more or less imprisoned) is entirely the so-called UK government's doing.

Scottish government has always set its own travel corridor, plus sets its own internal travel restrictions, plus has stated it will increase on UK governments requirements for isolation on any that do get in

3 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Scottish government has always set its own travel corridor, plus sets its own internal travel restrictions, plus has stated it will increase on UK governments requirements for isolation on any that do get in

So what would you like the Scottish government to do to combat the infection rate? Simply follow exactly what the UK government does? Be more relaxed? Be more strict?

Edited by Jaggernaut

44 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

So what would you like the Scottish government to do to combat the infection rate? Simply follow exactly what the UK government does? Be more relaxed? Be more strict?

This wasn’t a question or point on what they can do, this was a post on me stating that having football back is way down my list of priorities when it comes to seeing family, being able to enter the country of my passport, returning civil and employment rights. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Should the elections go ahead in May ? , if they do are the SG going to be culpable for any spike in the infection ?

Total hypocrisy to suit the SG’s agenda 

Just to add to this, we’ve been informed today current travel and other restrictions here in Norway will remain in place till April 11th at earliest.  Currently (Nationally) we are around 220 cases a day, Rogaland where I stay is at 23 cases in 14 days (1 today).  Folk are starting to question the validity of restrictions Vs number of cases (65000 nationally / 3400 Rogaland) and actual deaths (592 nationally/  14 in Rogaland). 
The most cases we have had in Rogaland is 90 in a day but since February last year rarely above 20. This is for a population of 500000.

49 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Should the elections go ahead in May ? , if they do are the SG going to be culpable for any spike in the infection ?

why shouldn't they? I'm sure they will be able to social distance. Any time I vote at my local primary school there aren't many people there at the same time anyway. They can cope with large numbers of people at vaccination centres

ps imagine the uproar from the opposition parties if they were cancelled?

Edited by jaggy

47 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

What's that got to do with the questions about international travel restrictions?

How about Prince Charles, Boris, and their entourages travelling freely up to Scotland despite "lockdown" imposed by Westminster?

No "total hypocrisy" to suit the Westminster and London establishment there?

2 minutes ago, jaggy said:

why shouldn't they? I'm sure they will be able to social distance. Any time I vote at my local primary school there aren't many people there at the same time anyway. They can cope with large numbers of people at vaccination centres

ps imagine the uproar from the opposition parties if they were cancelled?

Slightly off topic and not wanting to get onto the political debate. The big issue I see with this is cleaning the voting booths after each visit

18 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

What's that got to do with the questions about international travel restrictions?

How about Prince Charles, Boris, and their entourages travelling freely up to Scotland despite "lockdown" imposed by Westminster?

Bit defensive, but it’s ok to have 4 million people roaming around at an election in the middle of a pandemic.

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

I voted in a local council election the other week. Limited number allowed in, one way traffic, throw away pen (like the bookies) or bring your own, open booth wiped down before and after, hand gel at entrance & exit. Didn't feel the least vulnerable and I'm a big fearty.

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

What about Sturgeon (and other MSP’s) traveling daily from Glasgow to Edinburgh for a debate that could easily be done by ZOOM or TEAMS