What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, redandyellowallover said:

At the media briefing this afternoon, Jason Leitch said that he thought there were plans to restart training for the lower leagues soon and that discussions were continuing over the weekend and that there would be an announcement "soon".

Sounds semi-promising.

He also highlighted concerns about players travelling to and from different parts of the country. Hope he wasn’t referring to allowing local leagues to play 

1 hour ago, p12tfc said:

He also highlighted concerns about players travelling to and from different parts of the country. Hope he wasn’t referring to allowing local leagues to play 

Did he not give an example of Queen of the south travelling to Elgin and vice versa, though slightly confusing as they are not in same league 

1 hour ago, p12tfc said:

You can turn that on its head and wonder why regionalised football would be shut down while Annan can head for Elgin and Peterhead nip down to Firhill.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just noticed I started this thread over a year ago. There's no way I was thinking that it would still be going after all this time. I can't actually get my head round it. Football is important but it's not more important than life. Here's to all the jags fans who are no longer with us.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I see Brora are Highland league champions after playing just 3 games on a points per game basis

Buckie, Formartine and Inverurie all had 100% records after 2 games, but a worse goal difference

Strathspey and Forres didn't even get their season started.

Total lunacy.

You honestly couldn't make this nonsense up. The lunatics are running the asylum. 

5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I see Brora are Highland league champions after playing just 3 games on a points per game basis

Buckie, Formartine and Inverurie all had 100% records after 2 games, but a worse goal difference

Strathspey and Forres didn't even get their season started.

Total lunacy.

Agree it's lunacy. Unless it a mechanism (npi re Forres) to put a club forward to play off against Lowland opposition and ultimately v Brechin?  

23 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Agree it's lunacy. Unless it a mechanism (npi re Forres) to put a club forward to play off against Lowland opposition and ultimately v Brechin?  

I would have expected like last season Brechin would get every bit of assistance to stop them leaving league.  As things stand I reckon Brora would tear Brechin a new one in a match.

25 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Well, Kelty  Hearts were named champions of the Lowland League last week.   We only need Brechin City in there for a rerun of last year's debacle.  The SPFL have no reason to cancel this year's  play off, so hopefully, at long last,  goodbye Brechin.

24 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

The SPFL have not yet confirmed they will put a team forward for the play off. Las season the reason/excuse was because the season was not completed. What reason/excuse this season if they don't put a team forward?

As I understand it a club can only be put forward for the play off against the winners of the Highland/Lowland League play off if ...

1/League Two fixtures have been played to a pre arranged conclusion.

2/During the week immediately ensuing the conclusion of League Two more than one colour of wheely bin is due for collection in the area surrounding both participating clubs.

3/Any new club applying for membership of the 4th tier of the SPFL must have a ground suitable for inclusion. Facilities must include the applicant club providing a hedge adjacent to the playing surface. That hedge must exceed 50 metres in length and 4 metres in height and must be in place by April 30th.  

5 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

As I understand it a club can only be put forward for the play off against the winners of the Highland/Lowland League play off if ...

1/League Two fixtures have been played to a pre arranged conclusion.

2/During the week immediately ensuing the conclusion of League Two more than one colour of wheely bin is due for collection in the area surrounding both participating clubs.

3/Any new club applying for membership of the 4th tier of the SPFL must have a ground suitable for inclusion. Facilities must include the applicant club providing a hedge adjacent to the playing surface. That hedge must exceed 50 metres in length and 4 metres in height and must be in place by April 30th.  

Think you’ll find it’s April 31st

• Haha 1

I believe that the league 2 playoff game is to be a one off and played to a finish. The end of the game is defined as any point that the league 2 team is actually winning the game. A variation of 'next goal is the winner' and 'ma baw, ma rules 'from the school playground.

• 2 weeks later...

Well here is a shocker.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56696019

"However, the SPFL points out Kelty had played just 13 games and Brora only three this season and that it is not yet certain whether League 2 clubs will complete all 22 planned matches.

It will therefore decide on 19 April whether either Kelty or Brora "meet the SPFL's membership criteria".

"Only then will the SPFL be in a position to announce the position in respect of pyramid play-offs this season," it stated."

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Well here is a shocker.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56696019

"However, the SPFL points out Kelty had played just 13 games and Brora only three this season and that it is not yet certain whether League 2 clubs will complete all 22 planned matches.

It will therefore decide on 19 April whether either Kelty or Brora "meet the SPFL's membership criteria".

"Only then will the SPFL be in a position to announce the position in respect of pyramid play-offs this season," it stated."

Surely Brora and Kelty are champions regardless of number of games played. Their respective leagues declared them champions. Unless the number of games played is now a criteria alongside ground and financial requirements