What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

15 minutes ago, laukat said:

I used to like trips to Brechin. However after this I hope they get relegated and never see the top 4 leagues again.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brechin-city-plead-spfl-scrap-23947986

ha ha.  5 points from 17 games and all but certain for bottom if they lose tonight.  Brassneck of them.

1 hour ago, fifexile said:

4 wins in 27 games last season 1 in 17 this season, and I thought Thistle was a tough watch!

Anyone else feel certain that they will escape a at off again this year?

Are those statistics not exactly why Brechin might be saved. Those with a self interest may prefer to have Brechin in their league rather than a team that might take points off them

Where I thought Brechin were absolutely shameless last summer was when they voted against a 12 club bottom division. They still would have stayed up PLUS Brora & Kelty would've come up. The chances of Brechin surviving a play off last season were remote. They were saved by a technicality, yet still voted to halt the progress of either club that would've replaced them by right.

Just seen on BBC website that Brechin have canvassed several league 2 sides and there seems to be a consensus that no single club should suffer so severely by the exceptional circumstances we have all endured since the onset of the pandemic in early 2020. Are they for real? :red_card::angry2:

14 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Just seen on BBC website that Brechin have canvassed several league 2 sides and there seems to be a consensus that no single club should suffer so severely by the exceptional circumstances we have all endured since the onset of the pandemic in early 2020. Are they for real? :red_card::angry2:

Shameless hypocrisy, nauseating.

Be good if Stranraer made it through the league 2 play-offs and joined ourselves and Hearts in restoring league status. (I know we still have work to do ourselves, but it would be good to see all 3 relegated clubs get promoted). If Brechin went down, the non-relegated club being relegated would be an added bonus. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Telling East Fife when they had arrived at Cumbernauld about the positive test (even if it was the earliest opportunity) was not on, and was a direct result of the SPFL madness  in packing in these games into a short period. I did wonder if the SPFL deliberately wanted the further games to fail.

As points deducted have been taken off the punishments available (Kilmarnock),  what can the SPFL do?  Clyde are awaiting punishment for an offence they may have committed last year. Ditto Albion Rovers who boasted that  points couldn't  be deducted,  and the authorities  couldn't fine them as they were skint!!

Even worse, QOS have had no action taken on their mindless folly in letting the eccentric George Galloway into their ground.  Was their defence that they thought that he was a rep of the local authority? A misunderstanding? 

So the football authorities may be likely to kick this one into the long grass also. Their unwillingness to act against  earlier alleged miscreants  has come back to bite them on the bum!!