What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

Hefty suspended fines and 3-0 defeats for Kilmarnock and St Mirren for breaching rules.  

https://spfl.co.uk/news/kilmarnock-fc-and-st-mirren-fc-disciplinary-outc

Wake up call for a lot of the lower league clubs who are probably car sharing.

I get that they didn’t comply with the rule on  social distancing on the coaches, pre match meals and at training- but the car sharing thing was surely the individual players decision ? And if that is the case should Aberdeen and Celtic not be similarly disciplined for their players breaches at the start of the season.

And probably a question for the lawyers, is it in the rules that a 3-0 win to the opposition for this or that they can just make up ?

2 hours ago, elevenone said:

Hefty suspended fines and 3-0 defeats for Kilmarnock and St Mirren for breaching rules.  

https://spfl.co.uk/news/kilmarnock-fc-and-st-mirren-fc-disciplinary-outc

Wake up call for a lot of the lower league clubs who are probably car sharing.

No sympathy from me. I said at the time of our demotion other teams would fall foul of the authorities and they would not like being punished. They have set a precedent. Interesting to see if it would be dealt with the same way if either of the ugly sisters games get cancelled because they break covid protocol.

5 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I get that they didn’t comply with the rule on  social distancing on the coaches, pre match meals and at training- but the car sharing thing was surely the individual players decision ? And if that is the case should Aberdeen and Celtic not be similarly disciplined for their players breaches at the start of the season.

And probably a question for the lawyers, is it in the rules that a 3-0 win to the opposition for this or that they can just make up ?

Rules? What rules? They make it up as they go along and seem to have a clause in the league setup that allows them to do so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Clyde now cancelling a second game in a row due to covid. I expect they will forfeit the 2 games 3-0. Some teams having to take their medicine and more to come i would think.

The SPFL will need to decide what is a breach of club protocol and what is down to just being unlucky to catch it.

15 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

The SPFL will need to decide what is a breach of club protocol and what is down to just being unlucky to catch it.

Need to remember that protocols for premier league clubs are not the same as those for the lower leagues. (Much as I’d love the book to be thrown at Clyde)

Edited by Dick Dastardly

9 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

I could be wrong, but i don't see the SPFL punishing the premier league teams and being lenient with clubs lower down the leagues.

But lower leagues don’t have the same bubbles. How can a taxi driver who plays for Elgin avoid sharing a car with others ? Or a bar owner who plays for Stenhousemuir avoid being in his own bar ? The protocols have to be different, but need to be consistent within a league. It wouldn’t be fair if full time clubs like ourselves and Falkirk were treated differently to Clyde

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

But lower leagues don’t have the same bubbles. How can a taxi driver who plays for Elgin avoid sharing a car with others ? Or a bar owner who plays for Stenhousemuir avoid being in his own bar ? The protocols have to be different, but need to be consistent within a league. It wouldn’t be fair if full time clubs like ourselves and Falkirk were treated differently to Clyde

Surely there’s got to be some element of car sharing simply because not everyone drives (and fewer young people are bothering to learn as insurance for the young is typically over a grand a year)

23 hours ago, elevenone said:

9 Dundee Utd players as well as entire coaching staff and manager now self isolating ahead of trip to Livingston tomorrow.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-united-decimated-nine-players-23115103.amp

A photo seemingly  showing 49 Dundee Utd players and staff. Not all that long ago Nicola Sturgeon said football had got a yellow card. Much more of the breaking of protocol in football it could all be off again.

4 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Jason Leitch on radio saying nobody should be car sharing, except in exceptional circumstances.