What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

4 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

After Dundee Utd,it's now Celtic breaking covid protocol. Is this really the way to get the Scottish government on footballs side and get more crowds in?

Is this about their team photo too ? Incredibly, they said it was taken a few months ago, as if that is an excuse

2 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Is this about their team photo too ? Incredibly, they said it was taken a few months ago, as if that is an excuse

Yes. We have had St.Mirren, Kilmarnock and now Dundee Utd and Celtic breaking the covid protocol. Football in Scotland doing nothing to help itself imo.

9 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I know it is England but have watched games this weekend and fans in stadiums with masks not covering nostrils, pulled down under mouth or no mask at all. Just don't understand what goes on in some people's head.

Yep,not much social distancing going on and singing and shouting,not what they are supposed to be doing.

I see that an article has just been added to the "Particles" section of the thistle archive  outlining the "Bad Friday" vote to end last season, and the unsavoury aftermath. The article is " Factions and fractions: The calling of the season 19-20 & the eviction of PTFC".

Good article, but even now, painful reading.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

I see that an article has just been added to the "Particles" section of the thistle archive  outlining the "Bad Friday" vote to end last season, and the unsavoury aftermath. The article is " Factions and fractions: The calling of the season 19-20 & the eviction of PTFC".

Good article, but even now, painful reading.

Good to have it on record, does it make clear who voted which way in the various votes ?

50 minutes ago, delurker said:

Good to have it on record, does it make clear who voted which way in the various votes ?

The voting figures from the votes are mentioned,  but not a club by club breakdown, DL.

Needless to say, Dundee do find a dishonourable mention in dispatches.   Brechin City, with their farcical reprieve, (and prior potential relegation to the Lowland as opposed to Highland League) come out as  baddies.

Well worth a read.

2 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

The voting figures from the votes are mentioned,  but not a club by club breakdown, DL.

Needless to say, Dundee do find a dishonourable mention in dispatches.   Brechin City, with their farcical reprieve, (and prior potential relegation to the Lowland as opposed to Highland League) come out as  baddies.

Well worth a read.

Cheers, I will give it a read.

7 hours ago, delurker said:

This Saturday's opponents chairman said he voted to end the season as he wanted Thistle and Falkirk in the same league as them because of the money they would make from the away support that the teams would bring. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

This Saturday's opponents chairman said he voted to end the season as he wanted Thistle and Falkirk in the same league as them because of the money they would make from the away support that the teams would bring. 

Indeed @Auld Jag that’s why no 1, I hope we horse them and 2, why not a penny of mine is going towards stream but instead to Thistle. :fan:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, elevenone said:

Indeed @Auld Jag that’s why no 1, I hope we horse them and 2, why not a penny of mine is going towards stream but instead to Thistle. :fan:

Totally agree.  We know who voted with Thistle in this league.  You can have it emblazoned on the back of one of BowenBoys redyellow.org teeshirts, in case you forget!:worship:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

It's an away ground I like and I guess I may have travelled to Forfar. There's no way tho' I will pay for a stream. And I'll bake my own bridie. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Scottish government has announced a support package of £30m for football. £20m in loans for premier league teams and £10m in grants for all levels of football below the premier league.

Glad any financial help we get is grants not loans, Assume that it will be the SFA that will be deciding how the money is distributed, there will be an awful lot of associations and clubs looking for help. Is there any restrictions on what it can be spent on? 

16 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Scottish government has announced a support package of £30m for football. £20m in loans for premier league teams and £10m in grants for all levels of football below the premier league.

Will clubs be invited to vote to relegate Partick Thistle now if they need the money quickly (all votes to be in by 17:00 today (preferably but Dominic Cummings rules apply to Dundee which is - no rules apply))?

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2020 at 6:34 PM, elevenone said:

Totally agree! I bought extra HT tickets instead and will listen to Jagszone commentary and hopefully we can start taking our chances unlike last week. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fifexile said:

Glad any financial help we get is grants not loans, Assume that it will be the SFA that will be deciding how the money is distributed, there will be an awful lot of associations and clubs looking for help. Is there any restrictions on what it can be spent on? 

Not sure of the full details. If Doncaster has any say he will probably try and re route it to the premier league.