What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

24 minutes ago, nohidingplace said:

Surely Doncaster and his cartel must face the fans and explain the shambles Scottish football is in and his excessive salery.

25 minutes ago, nohidingplace said:

Surely Doncaster and his cartel must face the fans and explain the shambles Scottish football is in and his excessive salery.

Surely you should know by now that Doncaster doesn’t have to do anything he doesn’t want to 

42 minutes ago, nohidingplace said:

As long as Doncaster keeps looking after the Premier league clubs the other leagues don't matter. A decision to null and void the Championship and below protects the Premier league cartel (and incidentally saves Brechin City from relegation to the Highland league (or Lowland league if they get their way) for the 2nd season in a row).

ETA it would piss Hearts off mightily,  one of the teams that had the balls to stand up to him last season

Edited by fifexile

12 hours ago, jaf said:

So let me get this right. 

they get paid 500k and asked whether they want to keep playing, despite the higher amount being to justify all their additional testing costs etc. 

we (and others) get 150k and compelled to stop playing  

i understand football is the ultimate meritocracy, but that just seems completely baffling and wrong  

They and we have not been paid the respective £500k and £150k apparently, but every club was given £50k by Anderson at start of season for COVID prevention and detection, I know we have testing and strict protocols which we would have used this money on, but what of the other clubs ?

Championship about to go under the bus to save the top league as expected - consultation in name only?

Talk of null and voiding - h*ns don't get same asterisked title as the green filth did, hearts don't get promoted and brechin get saved again - cue much guffawing and backslapping, malt whisky and cigars at the green-leaning SPFL/SFA Fawlty Towers HQ - they'll only be disappointed that they couldn't get us again.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I see there are 2 games off in the championship today. Is that because of the testing that championship clubs are now carrying out ?

Raith Rovers due to Covid  Dungee pitch is waterlogged

Edited by fifexile
Typo

8 hours ago, javeajag said:

Hearts have now stated that the cost to them of testing 50 players and staff to the end of the season is £40k ( never mind with mass vaccinations things will look very different by the end of feb )...... 

the current state of Scottish football is just embarrassing......and apparently no one can find any public statement from any club wanting to stop the championship either

I think that is wildly optimistic to think things will look very different by the end of Feb. The clinically most vulnerable my have been vaccinated, but that will be well off the general public seeing anything. Unless Scotland is way ahead of England, under 50’s are currently targeted late September for the FIRST jab.

Weather may help in April, but I would be amazed if we are not in some sort of severe lockdown upto at least then

23 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I think that is wildly optimistic to think things will look very different by the end of Feb. The clinically most vulnerable my have been vaccinated, but that will be well off the general public seeing anything. Unless Scotland is way ahead of England, under 50’s are currently targeted late September for the FIRST jab.

Weather may help in April, but I would be amazed if we are not in some sort of severe lockdown upto at least then

Think your a bit behind on the vaccination plan ......the aim by the end of February is to be vaccinating 400,000 a week ( 5000 people were vaccinated at the Louise Jordan today ) which means the entire adult population of Scotland will have their first vaccination by early May 

50 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Think your a bit behind on the vaccination plan ......the aim by the end of February is to be vaccinating 400,000 a week ( 5000 people were vaccinated at the Louise Jordan today ) which means the entire adult population of Scotland will have their first vaccination by early May 

1st dose for Priority groups by early May, adults under 50 will not start until Summer.

https://www.gov.scot/binaries/content/documents/govscot/publications/strategy-plan/2020/12/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-deployment-plan-2021/documents/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-deployment-plan-2021/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-deployment-plan-2021/govscot%3Adocument/COVID-19%2Bvaccine%2Bdeployment%2Bplan%2B14%2BJanuary%2B2021.pdf

Edited by P-R