What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

5 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I think Legal action is only worthwhile if we are joining a group of teams looking to take action (Hearts, Falkirk, Stranraer & Sevco). To go it alone what be wasting money and if anyone remembers our last legal challenge we were painted as the baddie denying poor little Inverness their promotion even though their stadium didn't comply and ground sharing wasn't allowed. It would be worst PR given what is actually happening across the world.

I also hope we are being proactive. Its fine saying we dont accept this but Hopefully we have been reaching out to other clubs and coming up with alternative solutions.

I do believe I can see a number of teams voting against this especially those in a playoff position. I know money is the big issue but surely something could be reached in paying all clubs in each respective division an equal sum of money. This then could be taken into account in next seasons prize money and giving teams only the prize money minus any additional money paid out in the previous based on the respective league positions once the season is finished.

Big question still remains when the season could be restarted, If at all but i think if you are giving one league the chance to finish then you have to give all leagues a chance to finish even if these games have to be played behind closed doors. I think a more practical solution is to compress the season, there are only 8(9) games left. This could be played within 5 weeks and reduce each playoff game to 1 leg. So assuming a mid August start season could be over be end of September. Cancel League and Challenge cups and front and end load games leaving the winter fixture schedule similar to normal.

Only other option is the league reconstruction. Even in a simple form of no relegation and all league winners promoted, including that of Lowland and Highland Leagues. Then producing an end result of a 12-12 10-10 league set up. Not the major reconstruction everyone apart from the elite want but would help resolve the situation. 

Reading the football threads on the various BBC news articles there are lots of expressions in support of the Jags from non-Jags fans. These supporting views express no support for Hearts (4points behind) but with regard to Jags use words like 'stitched-up and shafted'. Why? Well 2 points behind and the game in hand seem to be the factors swinging views in our favour. So not sure about legal action being a PR disaster on this occasion. 

I will be buying a season ticket and like many others on this thread I will not ever be going to places like Ayr, Livingston, St Mirren, Clyde or in fact anyone who votes for this plan 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Not sure I agree. There needs to be more than 5 in league 1 and 2 voting against and SPFL have cleverly ensured that Brechin won’t vote against. Whether any playoff contenders in league 2 do is another question. 

Ah yes, needs to be more than 5 No votes in L1 and L2 combined, you're right.

28 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I meant yes or no in the majority sense not in the individual. 

So clubs who vote no - let's say Rangers, Hearts and us will still receive their share if the overall vote is yes! 

Apologies for lack of precision in my writing! 

No problem , apologies for my lack of understanding !

2 minutes ago, Big Col said:

According to statement from SPFL they’re still waiting for one more Championship club to vote and with it at 7-2 in favour their vote will be crucial. Vote no and the motion fails. Vote yes and we’re away.

Surely, if the deadline has passed then the vote will not count.