What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

13 hours ago, Arete said:

I think it is a reasonable response from the club given where it finds itself. I'm not really sure on the Scottish Government's thinking on banning public events from Monday. The situation in Scotland will see more cases but it is not the same yet as, say, Italy or Spain where the justification is greater just now. I  can't see the justification in going earlier than the rest of the UK. 

The problems that Italy are now facing were caused by their slow reaction to the situation. The quicker we do this, the quicker we'll come out the other side.

Assuming the season is now over, there is no solution.

There is no way that we should be relegated but try telling the Arabs that they ain’t getting promoted!

So the previous suggestion of finding  2 new teams to start at the bottom is the only logical outcome.

This season should be consigned to dust. It was only a bad dream.

13 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

Amateurs postponed indefinitely too ffs - games I play in it's about 30 in total in both squads plus 3 men & a dug = significantly <100 - what's next the 5's & 7's places shutting an aw?

Worlds' gone ****ing mad.

Plus there's nae pasta or bog roll :angry2:

Our gyms and indoor & outdoor fields have been closed down. 
We’re on 2nd day of “Lockdown” schools closed, bars and restaurants too, most shops except food and chemists, and everyone who can work from home doing so.

I live on one of the busiest through fares in Stavanger and it’s empty, barely a car goes by. Really bizarre and quite morbid

4 hours ago, Jag said:

The problems that Italy are now facing were caused by their slow reaction to the situation. The quicker we do this, the quicker we'll come out the other side.

We are no longer at the containment stage, but at the stage where slowing down the infection rate is the main aim. One opinion is that, now that the virus is in the wild, it will never be removed, and infections will continue to recur, just as they do for flu. :( We can look on the bright side: because it's affecting many rich countries, every effort will be made to find treatment. The same effort is not put into the likes of Lassa fever or Ebola, because they mostly affect countries without the same medical resources or political weight.

9 minutes ago, fenski said:

I have this mental image of people munching through bowls and bowls of plain pasta, while simultaneously wiping their arse and popping a few paracetamol.

It's scary how quickly society unravels...

Sounds like a usual Tuesday night in the west coast of Scotland. 

25 minutes ago, sandy said:

I fully expect the situation in Scotland to become worse in the next few days. We’ll see kids athletics events, highland dancing competitions etc all cancelled.

In better news, I have 18 toilet rolls if anyone needs one ;) 

Only 18?  Pfft amateur :P

• Haha 1

Listening in to the phone ins coming home , what an absolute ramshackle organisation Neil Doncaster and Co run . 

Doncaster has come out already and said there is no provisions for our Clubs if they are in trouble with this scenario just now .

I’m sorry but I’ve got clients who have cash reserves put aside in case of cash flow problems etc etc , I know the circumstances are totally different from anything we’ve ever experienced before but surely Doncaster and Co should have had some sort of contingency plan if an untoward circumstance took place .

The SPFL Clubs have been left to fight their own battles to actually survive this ( forget about League positions ) with no help at all from their governing body .  

IMO disgraceful 

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Listening in to the phone ins coming home , what an absolute ramshackle organisation Neil Doncaster and Co run . 

Doncaster has come out already and said there is no provisions for our Clubs if they are in trouble with this scenario just now .

I’m sorry but I’ve got clients who have cash reserves put aside in case of cash flow problems etc etc , I know the circumstances are totally different from anything we’ve ever experienced before but surely Doncaster and Co should have had some sort of contingency plan if an untoward circumstance took place .

The SPFL Clubs have been left to fight their own battles to actually survive this ( forget about League positions ) with no help at all from their governing body .  

IMO disgraceful 

Agree to an extent. The clubs should have their own contingency fund also.....but who could have predicted this to be fair!