Stay safe everyone

Third Lanark

I’ve probably been a right argumentative d!ck to many of you on here over the years.  But I think the events of the last few weeks have put a perspective on there’s really more to life than football. As disappointing as relegation would be if it happened that the season officially ended today and the league placing stood it will be worth putting up with, if as much as one life is saved.

most importantly I hope all of the Partick Thistle family keep safe so we are all here to agree/argue with each other for next season.  Keep safe everyone 

• Like 11

Cheers TL, that's a timeous and considerate post to remind us of what's really important in life. And in the same context JaggyMac's recent misfortune should also be kept in mind.

Irrespective of the occasional narky stuff on here, we are all Jags fans when all is said and done.

Life's precious - let's enjoy it and each other while we can.

This virus may have a bit of damage to do yet before it's overcome - so a safe forthcoming period to every one of you and to all of your families.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

I’ve probably been a right argumentative d!ck to many of you on here over the years.  But I think the events of the last few weeks have put a perspective on there’s really more to life than football. As disappointing as relegation would be if it happened that the season officially ended today and the league placing stood it will be worth putting up with, if as much as one life is saved.

most importantly I hope all of the Partick Thistle family keep safe so we are all here to agree/argue with each other for next season.  Keep safe everyone 

Absolutely this. All the best to ALL Jags fans.

• Like 1

Can only agree with everything that has already been said. We are all Thistle fans and when we disagree it is because we only want the best for our team. 24th March this year is the 3rd anniversary of young Robert's passing, there are a lot more important things in life than football. All the best to everybody with Thistle connections and i hope we are all back cheering the team on asap.:fan:

• Thanks 3

Fairly new to these boards but since I am so far away geographically I enjoy the banter.

We are all in the same big boat and hope it won't be too far away that we are wondering how the hell we can't win a game!  Better still how we can't seem to lose.

Hunker down stay safe!

Hi.   I've just joined the forum though I've been reading the threads for the last few months.    Hoping all Jags fans come through COVID 19 unscathed,  and that we all see better times ahead  for the club - regardless of which Division we end up playing in next season!

• Like 2

Quite apart from the ravages of the virus itself (and let us hope that these can be minimised), there are going to be a lot of disorientated people around.

Just beginning to realise how much obsessive habits like going to Thistle games home and away, and watching Match of the Day without knowing the score, provide some sort of structure and pattern which keep the rest of life and work in happy balance. For others having a good old rant about how awful Thistle are is what maintains the equilibrium!

All this pales into insignificance when considered in the context of those whose employment and/or finances and/or future plans suddenly become precarious, and those lonely people who may lose out on that one regular visit that brought some light, joy and companionship.

Not quite sure what point I am trying to make here, which is probably a sign of my disorientation, but  many people will be struggling in ways big and small, and this is certainly a time when some patience, kindness, thoughtfulness, unselfishness and the ability to see situations from the perspective of others has to  come to the fore.

So I will not moan too much about having just written off my non-amendable booking for a Premier Inn (should that not have been a Championship Inn?) in Inverness this coming Tuesday night!

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

Quite apart from the ravages of the virus itself (and let us hope that these can be minimised), there are going to be a lot of disorientated people around.

Just beginning to realise how much obsessive habits like going to Thistle games home and away, and watching Match of the Day without knowing the score, provide some sort of structure and pattern which keep the rest of life and work in happy balance. For others having a good old rant about how awful Thistle are is what maintains the equilibrium!

All this pales into insignificance when considered in the context of those whose employment and/or finances and/or future plans suddenly become precarious, and those lonely people who may lose out on that one regular visit that brought some light, joy and companionship.

Not quite sure what point I am trying to make here, which is probably a sign of my disorientation, but  many people will be struggling in ways big and small, and this is certainly a time when some patience, kindness, thoughtfulness, unselfishness and the ability to see situations from the perspective of others has to  come to the fore.

So I will not moan too much about having just written off my non-amendable booking for a Premier Inn (should that not have been a Championship Inn?) in Inverness this coming Tuesday night!

Ran out of likes PTD. Since i probably wont see you for a while , i know how envious you are of my balaclava :ph34r:. All the best to you and your family.

5 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Ran out of likes PTD. Since i probably wont see you for a while , i know how envious you are of my balaclava :ph34r:. All the best to you and your family.

Yes, I am going to miss that balaclava and our pre-game chats even more than Match of the Day. Stay safe and thinking of you and Eunice at this anniversary time. Young Robert continues to inspire.

• Thanks 1