Gofund donations... Amazing

wrighty

I made a donation when the gofundme appeal started. I also made a small donation to the gofundme site, I guess the site needs a level of income. While watching the match rerun on YouTube today, I decided that I should make a contribution whenever I watch on a Saturday. I wasn't however able to make a payment without giving gofundme at least a fiver. Not prepared to do that everytime I make a contribution. I want to fund Partick Thistle, not gofundme. 

Will have to look at other options for supporting the club. 

1 hour ago, Muscat Jag said:

I made a donation when the gofundme appeal started. I also made a small donation to the gofundme site, I guess the site needs a level of income. While watching the match rerun on YouTube today, I decided that I should make a contribution whenever I watch on a Saturday. I wasn't however able to make a payment without giving gofundme at least a fiver. Not prepared to do that everytime I make a contribution. I want to fund Partick Thistle, not gofundme. 

https://ptfc.co.uk/fans/players-fund/

All donations straight to club.  

1 hour ago, Muscat Jag said:

Do you mean the bit that says leave a tip? You just set it to other and pop 0 in. It doesn't force you to leave them anything.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Rid Skwerr said:

.....and If you look back a bit he donated another grand 7 days ago.

Awesome contributions.

When Caroline started the Gofundme page, David was an early donor, with a significant donation.  He has done a lot for our club, and deserves our thanks.

If we were to be awarded compensation by the Arbitration Panel, this is in reality only what we have lost due to SPFL incompetence.  The club will still need to be funded by the fans probably until 2021, until fans  (hopefully) return.  Our fund raising efforts need to continue.  The Centenary Fund, 50/50, tiles and BB's wonderful teeshirts  need to be supported long term. BB, I'll be returning shortly for one of those  keep football tidy teeshirts. Look great.

But I've been thinking for a while on how other organisations get funds.  Universities and charities seek legacies from alumni and supporters, and I wonder how to utilise this. I still get requests for a legacy from the OU, where I got my degree later in life, but still long ago, after blowing my first opportunity at higher education.  Myself and my wife have prepared wills quite some time ago, with (for me) her and my son as principal beneficiaries.  Even though this is the default position, it was worthwhile getting the will completed.   I won't alter my will to include the Jags (too expensive), but have indicated that a donation to the club is what I want.  If you have not prepared a will, consider Thistle when doing so, or consider a donation.

I'm not too sure what the best way to do this will be.  In due course, when fan ownership is up and running, that will be the vehicle I'll use.  I'd like to be around when fan ownership becomes a reality (I don't expect to peg out soon). In the meantime, it will be a club donation.

I hope you don't think this as too morbid. We need to fund our club every way we can, both short and long term, and this may trigger funding, although for obvious reasons, the later the better.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

£40,000 From the fund has now been handed over to the club. The money will be used in the player budget. Great work by Caroline Mackie who started the go fund me page. A big thank you to everybody who donated, no matter the amount. The page is still running. Currently at £52,290.:shakeshout::fan:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2