New virtual 50-50 to help raise funds

Third Lanark

On 8/21/2020 at 8:41 PM, Fawlty Towers said:

Thanks Phil. I did many years ago before I was a seller. It was a midweek game in the Challenge Cup early in the season and the prize was about £80. It was back in the days when Mr McHaffie would walk around with a board that had the numbers on it.

That was usually the most exciting event of the matchday experience.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 7:06 PM, West Ender said:

Anybody else having problems buying 50/50 tickets this week? Get to the end of the process and it says it fails every time. Used my credit card online for a couple of things after that with no problems whatsoever.

I also had some trouble but appeared to purchase at the end of the time allocated.

16 hours ago, West Ender said:

Given up trying. 2 different credit cards, 3 different browsers, a lap top and a phone. Payment always fails. Happened to my mate as well. Nothing up with the cards (for instance have used one to contribute to the GoFund page). Written to office twice now, no reply.

Could the issue be using a credit card instead of debit card?  I know recently online bookies have been required to stop this as a method of depositing so maybe buying ht tickets is seen as a similar mode of gambling.

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

Could the issue be using a credit card instead of debit card?  I know recently online bookies have been required to stop this as a method of depositing so maybe buying ht tickets is seen as a similar mode of gambling.

Eventually sorted, Issue is Flat number. Website recently updated, now a bit picky about checking your address. It has to be exact same as registered to card and if flat number is included it must be in the same order as your bank has it. In my case   - Flat No, Main address - and not as I had it with main address first. They're going to make it clearer on website.

5 minutes ago, West Ender said:

Eventually sorted, Issue is Flat number. Website recently updated, now a bit picky about checking your address. It has to be exact same as registered to card and if flat number is included it must be in the same order as your bank has it. In my case   - Flat No, Main address - and not as I had it with main address first. They're going to make it clearer on website.

Glad you got it sorted.  Good luck tonight (especially if @Fawlty Towers has bought a ticket) :P

2 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

well done ... but 450 tickets sold overall is pretty p.i.s.h.

There has been a rapid decline but every little helps I suppose. I think there’s a couple of reasons, weekly sales rather than only at home matches & no streamed match on a Saturday. Overall sales must still be up on a ‘normal’ season

No surprise to me that the amount being sold has fallen. We have had nearly 6months of a pandemic that has probably had a negative impact on a lot of people's finances and when furlough ends it will be even worse. Thistle fans have been tremendous in the way that most have contributed to at least one of the initiatives to help the club.