New virtual 50-50 to help raise funds

Third Lanark

3 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

No surprise to me that the amount being sold has fallen. We have had nearly 6months of a pandemic that has probably had a negative impact on a lot of people's finances and when furlough ends it will be even worse. Thistle fans have been tremendous in the way that most have contributed to at least one of the initiatives to help the club. 

I'd agree that the fans have been magnificent in other areas of raising funds and to an extent about the general state of finances and apathy.

However Falkirks draw this afternoon had 4 prizes - top prize was just over £1k  ( it was over £3k a few weeks back) with the other prizes being a seat/hospitality in the directors box, an attempt to beat a player in a crossbar challenge for an unspecified prize & a signed ball/boot. It's also a whole lot easier to buy a ticket.

Needs the club to be a bit more proactive in improving it/publicising it/pushing it or it could just fade away.

Edited by gianlucatoni

32 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

I'd agree that the fans have been magnificent in other areas of raising funds and to an extent about the general state of finances and apathy.

However Falkirks draw this afternoon had 4 prizes - top prize was just over £1k  ( it was over £3k a few weeks back) with the other prizes being a seat/hospitality in the directors box, an attempt to beat a player in a crossbar challenge for an unspecified prize & a signed ball/boot. It's also a whole lot easier to buy a ticket.

Needs the club to be a bit more proactive in improving it/publicising it/pushing it or it could just fade away.

To be fair the club are proactive in advertising it (it seems to be the main thing popping up all week on twitter) and also Falkirk have a larger core support than us.  I do agree though it needs revamped from its staleness.  Maybe a different variety of prizes as you point out is the way?  Or maybe some  rollover system segment as part building up a bigger prize to be won at end of each month?

Congratulations to this week's winners:

"We’ve drawn the winners of this afternoon's 50/50 draw. 1st Prize: H76 - Scott Hamilton 2nd Prize: T10 - Gordon Hannah If you have won a prize, we will be in touch with you next week to make arrangements for them. Thanks to everyone who entered for their support!"