New Kit

javeajag

12 minutes ago, jaggy said:

I just saw a picture of what is supposed to be the away top. I won't share in case it's bollox, but think of the crap grey away top in the first season on the Premiership 2013/14 and it's close 

Oh that was grim, that top.

2 hours ago, jaggy said:

I just saw a picture of what is supposed to be the away top. I won't share in case it's bollox, but think of the crap grey away top in the first season on the Premiership 2013/14 and it's close 

Just hope it doesn't have any bleeding heart causes or PC pish on it

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

but completely appropriate for an idiot who continually rubbishes some of PTFC more 'woke' endeavors with regards shirt design. Drivel like this has to be called out.

my opinion of course

you could have called him out more constructively ARUS... sometimes 'opinion' can go too far 

2 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

you could have called him out more constructively ARUS... sometimes 'opinion' can go too far 

I suppose I could have, but to be honest, that would have been more then he deserves, the guy is a constant pain in the arse, he spouts filthy opinions that appear to originate in a gutter. 

I suppose that if anyone is to voice opposition to whatever woke social-justice cause-of-the-day the club role out is insinuated as being a  "nazi." Good to have that clarified. Generally if people tend to venture outside their echo-chamber, they tend to find scepticism towards the whole woke culture as being well-intended and mainstream. 

As I said months ago (to surprisingly a lot of agreement), Partick Thistle is a cultureless club founded on the basic premise of: "meh, at least we're no the Old Furm." In the absence of an organic identity, people within the club can shoehorn in whatever manufactured culture they wish. My opinion of course.

Edited by Yellow & Redneck
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I suppose I could have, but to be honest, that would have been more then he deserves, the guy is a constant pain in the arse, he spouts filthy opinions that appear to originate in a gutter. 

I would suggest that, if so, you will have out-guttered him by a significant margin 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

but completely appropriate for an idiot who continually rubbishes some of PTFC more 'woke' endeavors with regards shirt design. Drivel like this has to be called out.

my opinion of course

Unless he is a known Nazi, then your comment was totally inappropriate. It was the utter dregs of language. Shameful on your part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

my opinion of course

woke endeavors haha you really are a snowflake, probably chowing down on your vegan pie in rage

21 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

woke endeavors haha you really are a snowflake, probably chowing down on your vegan pie in rage

Oh dry up, you tiresome gammon.

Thistle showing solidarity with a cause isn't a bad thing.  It's the club using its position of visibility and privilege in the public eye to provide support and exposure to people or organisations that need it.  Having the rainbow flag on the shirt last season was no different to us giving over shirt space to the Beatson a couple of years back, or having a pink breast cancer ribbon front and centre of the away kit a couple of years before it.  We're not the first club to do it, we won't be the last, thankfully.

Frankly, I wish we'd do more in this vein. When we have the ugly sisters and their venal tribalism and sniping dominating the city, anything which makes us stand out above that as better members of the community should be applauded.   Even on a basic publicity level, do you honestly think we'd have had all the folk at the Women's World Cup plugging our away shirt last summer if it was just plain white?  We probably sold a couple hundred more shirts than we would have previously because we had Eilidh Barbour, Hope Solo et al plugging it on their social media accounts.

It's 2020.  The only mindset that sees a club doing something to support the communities that support it and surround it is one that belongs in the 1970s along with repeats of Mind Your Language and Bernard Manning.  

• Like 5