Court It Is Then

Bobbyhouston

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Sorry Woodstock that is not how your coming across

Don't agree with most of his points but posting from his legal perspective is fine with me. Makes for an interesting debate, even though the way he states his opinions comes across as gospel

7 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

You'll forgive me for getting mildly irritated at people asking personal questions and rummaging around to find out more about me simply because I've said stuff they don't like on a football forum.

Agree

8 minutes ago, alexander livingstone said:

Speak for your self

Definitely adds to the debate. He's confirmed he comes from a legal background which was totally obvious so don't think theres any need to know anymore. Thats totally fair don't think anyone else on this forum would be happy to start disclosing personal information

Personally, I hope the boardrooms of PTFC and Hearts have had someone challenging, pushing back, and debating in the way WJ has.

Its healthy for robust debate and challenge to exist.

The legal issues are complex, and much of the discussion entirely uninformed. I see that Leslie Deans (lawyer, lets remember) sent out something stating why the SPFL letter was wrong and why PTFC and Hearts were correct in their statement.

A short time later, Leslie Deans has had to concede in fact he was wrong in what he was saying.

This is emotional for lots of people - Deans among them as probably for many associated with both clubs - but sometimes dispassionate consideration is more fruitful, and just taking a little step back. Deans has made himself look pretty silly.

The forensic analysis WJ has brought to this debate has perhaps been appreciated by some who want to think this through without posting every 30 minutes. I know I have found it useful and thought provoking and interesting on a personal level. I am not sure why he has had to take the criticism which he has endured on this thread for having a contrary opinion to others. Its fascinated him clearly, but whats wrong with that.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

You'll forgive me for getting mildly irritated at people asking personal questions and rummaging around to find out more about me simply because I've said stuff they don't like on a football forum.

To be fair you have admitted your style is somewhat dismissive 

11 minutes ago, jaf said:

Personally, I hope the boardrooms of PTFC and Hearts have had someone challenging, pushing back, and debating in the way WJ has.

The legal issues are complex, and much of the discussion entirely uninformed. I see that Leslie Deans (lawyer, lets remember) sent out something stating why the SPFL letter was wrong and why PTFC and Hearts were correct in their statement.

A short time later, Leslie Deans has had to concede in fact he was wrong in what he was saying.

This is emotional for lots of people - Deans among them as probably for many associated with both clubs - but sometimes dispassionate consideration is more fruitful, and just taking a little step back. Deans has made himself look pretty silly.

The forensic analysis WJ has brought to this debate has perhaps been appreciated by some who want to think this through without posting every 30 minutes. I know I have found it useful and thought provoking and interesting on a personal level. I am not sure why he has had to take the criticism which he has endured on this thread for having a contrary opinion to others. Its fascinated him clearly, but whats wrong with that.

That is the role of the lawyers and if we have decent ones which I believe we have then our case and actions should be thoughtful and considered ......we don’t know all the facts yet nor the legal arguments ......my main argument is that WJ has conceded we have a case in the Dundee vote process but that that is pointless because there will just be a re vote and no one will change their mind 

that a victory in this  case would change the dynamics eg how could Doncaster survive is self evident and worth taking

annoying, pissing off other clubs .....if you listened to the Falkirk chairman on Saturday that boat has well and truly sailed 

21 minutes ago, sandy said:

Oh gies peace!

This is your occasional reminder that I do indeed give you peace by not interacting with you, please block me so you don’t see my posts and don’t quote me as I as I’m sure you have noticed I don’t respond. Have a lovely day.

35 minutes ago, javeajag said:

This is your occasional reminder that I do indeed give you peace by not interacting with you, please block me so you don’t see my posts and don’t quote me as I as I’m sure you have noticed I don’t respond. Have a lovely day.

you just responded - just sayin B)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jaf said:

I totall agree with this. It is a football forum and people are entitled to express different viewpoints . Whilst I do not agree with all that WJ says or his analysis of certain scenarios, I think his contributions have been helpful and thought proviking. It is useful to have a counter balance.

I do think his posts often come over as being unequicocal  matters of fact rather than his opinion/ view, but that might just be the nature of the Forum.

On a different theme, the fact that WJ seems to see things as black and white and always looks for whether a rule or law has been broken or not, rather than the nature / inference  of the message may well be explained by his experiences in working life. It is clear to me that the SPFL Board have acted poorly throughout the whole Covid situation . Their leadership and conduct has not been of the standard I would have  hoped for from an organisation charged with managing a national football league.  That being said, I suspect as WJ will tell us - they have possibly not done anything illegal or broken and rules. This is where my view differs from that of WJ.

8 minutes ago, Emsca said:

I totall agree with this. It is a football forum and people are entitled to express different viewpoints . Whilst I do not agree with all that WJ says or his analysis of certain scenarios, I think his contributions have been helpful and thought proviking. It is useful to have a counter balance.

I thought it was Norgethistle's contributions that were proviking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jaf said:

Agreed; I have greatly appreciated his analysis and find it better-informed and more coherent than most others' (my own included). I don't agree with his conclusions on what the club should have done but welcome his thoughts.