Court It Is Then

Bobbyhouston

9 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

The delay could also be down to witness statements throwing up leads to documents / calls/ WhatsApps/ promises of glamour friendlies etc that were not initially forwarded 

Think they were still trying to finish/make up the minutes of their meetings , can’t believe they actually went to the Court of Session and admitted the minutes were incomplete. 

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Think they were still trying to finish/make up the minutes of their meetings , can’t believe they actually went to the Court of Session and admitted the minutes were incomplete. 

I also think they are stalling as they just don't want arbitration to take place at all - I fully expect a financial offer to settle early next week. 

44 minutes ago, allyo said:

I'm of the view that a democratic vote was an incredibly unfair way to end a season, as by definition (in a situation dominated by self-interest) it loads the suffering on to the smallest number of parties. I am also of the view that this was nevertheless the arrangement that was in place, and if it was done properly we probably didn't have too much grounds for complaint.

However if my understanding is correct, our case doesn't really rest on the underlying unfairness of the process. It relies on things being done incorrectly. It's about what was happening in the background, what strings were being pulled, and the strange case of the Dundee vote. Therefore the more delay, the more suggestion that the SPFL/SFA are struggling to get their story in order, the more desperate they seem, the more optimistic I get.

However if I've learned anything in watching Thistle for 35 years it's that I shouldn't get too optimistic, as it inevitably leads to a fall. We'll see.

I am in agreement in a way. I think ending the season has turned out to be the correct decision as I doubt the remaining fixtures would ever take place or would probably result in the season not being concluded until January next year.

There are however many things during the whole process that which have just to be honest stunk:-

• The Dundee Vote Saga - What happened here? What promises were made to Dundee by the SPFL & others to secure their vote or is it simply they changed their mind when the realised they were the deciding vote. Happy to vote on our side when they think it didnt matter giving them a morale high ground in the future and to show to their fans the are not going to promote Utd in a voting situation.
  • SPFL Statement - Once the Dundee 2nd vote was cast the SPFL statement was a disgrace and made no mention or sympathy towards the relegated in these extreme circumstances. Basically like we didnt matter.
  • Promoted Clubs - To be honest I dont mind the promotions of Dundee Utd & Cove Rangers but what really got me was the statements coming from Raith Rovers. Cove and Dundee utd were went in control of their leagues and really was just a matter of when rather than if but the Raith coming out saying they were deserved champions even though they were just ahead of Falkirk and even down to 5th I believe still had a chance. The audacity of their chairman to post these was ridiculous and I would not have cared too much if he was more humble about the whole thing.  
  • League Reconstruction - This was just a front and was never going to pass. Too many ego's in the game who cant see the bigger picture. It was brought up as a way to keep hearts quiet during this and occupied for a few months. 
  • Delay to arbitration - If indeed this hasnt went ahead and the documents have not been released then this may show the SPFL (& others) have potentially been up to something they shouldn't have. Promises made to Dundee & other clubs to secure votes, threats made to clubs who are voting against. The fact it wasn't disclosed that the season didn't need to be ended to release funds. 
  • SFA - This is a smoke screen to basically cover them and the SPFL while they get their story straight or in the very least paint us and Hearts as the bad guys for breaking the rules. 

I wasnt fussed about a court case at the time and I dont think we will get the outcome we are looking for. All I hope now is that this shows the SPFL particularly Doncaster  for being completely inept at his job and we get some sort of change at the top.

3 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

I also think they are stalling as they just don't want arbitration to take place at all - I fully expect a financial offer to settle early next week. 

You wonder who'd have to agree to that though, if not ordered by arbitration. Do they all need to vote? :D

1 minute ago, allyo said:

You wonder who'd have to agree to that though, if not ordered by arbitration. Do they all need to vote? :D

I think it would depend on strings being attached and amount offered - for example guaranteed promotion/relegation from all leagues next season even if interrupted by further shutdowns plus obviously any amount and payment of legal costs offered - would we really have got £2m via arbitration if we won? 

Personally, IF an offer was made to settle,  I'd tell them to shove it up their holes, take them all the way, interdict the season starting and hope to bring the whole organisation to its knees. However I'm sure the QC and respective boards will be a bit more pragmatic about it. 

18 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I think if that was the case we would probably have heard something as any money for a settlement has to basically come from and be agreed by the clubs

1 hour ago, gianlucatoni said:

The delay could also be down to witness statements throwing up leads to documents / calls/ WhatsApps/ promises of glamour friendlies etc that were not initially forwarded 

Yeah, think there will be alot of deleting emails going on.

4 minutes ago, Emsca said:

Yeah, think there will be alot of deleting emails going on.

This would literally be perverting the course of justice, which can carry a prison sentence.

Do you honestly think that Neil Doncaster, Ian Maxwell, or anyone else for that matter, is deliberately destroying evidence relevant to this legal challenge?

That is quite an accusation to make if you don't have any evidence of it, and is very probably defamation.

57 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

This would literally be perverting the course of justice, which can carry a prison sentence.

Do you honestly think that Neil Doncaster, Ian Maxwell, or anyone else for that matter, is deliberately destroying evidence relevant to this legal challenge?

That is quite an accusation to make if you don't have any evidence of it, and is very probably defamation.

Tuna sandwich? Pot Noodle? Maybe a small cheese selection? #lunchtime

I think the strategy is more likely to be to run this as close to 1 August as they can ..,.. there are now only 10 working days till then and if they can arrange the tribunal For the week after next they will be happy 

not that anyone in the spfl or sfa would ever ever not play by the rules 

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, scotty said:

Nah, probably go after the owner of the forum!

Yeah, so everyone could try and stay away from anything that could possibly be considered defamatory that would be nice. Cheers. 

59 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I think the strategy is more likely to be to run this as close to 1 August as they can ..,.. there are now only 10 working days till then and if they can arrange the tribunal For the week after next they will be happy 

Going against C O S guidelines , I would take our complaint back to the Court 

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

Which they haven’t done. As it starts next week. So now we can move onto the next wild speculation.....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

STV website reporting that a procedural meeting was held today & arbitration proper kicks off on Monday. 

But a guy on the internet with a Patreon said yesterday that the SPFL were prevaricating and failing to disclose evidence in a timely fashion, and Joel Sked said for an Edinburgh local newspaper that Hearts and Thistle were "in the dark" about when things were going to get moving.

Surely we haven't been deceived by people talking pish? Tell me it's not true, gianlucatoni?

And now, the end is near

And so I face the final curtain

My friend, I'll say it clear

I'll state my case, of which I'm certain

Regrets I've had a few, 

but then again too few to mention

I did what I had to do

And saw it through without exemption

I planned each chartered course

Each careful step along the byeway

And more, much more than this

I did it my way.