Court It Is Then

Bobbyhouston

There is nothing out of the ordinary for a substantive hearing in a court to take a working week and there’s no good reason why, being at least a thorough substitute for it, arbitration won’t therefore also take a week. Bear in mind that just the procedural hearing in the Court of Session involved 3 days of oral argument.

If it’s wrapped up by next week that’s pretty well run.

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

from the 4th official in twitter 

It is expected that today legal submissions are to be made by Hearts/Partick and SPFL & everything should be wrapped up by tonight/tomorrow. 

At that point, only the judgement will be pending.

Same guy was saying this time yesterday morning “expected to go for at least five days from my sources” so I’ll be taking anything he says with a pinch of salt either way.

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

from the 4th official in twitter 

It is expected that today legal submissions are to be made by Hearts/Partick and SPFL & everything should be wrapped up by tonight/tomorrow. 

At that point, only the judgement will be pending.

Pretty much what I've heard. It really just depends how long it takes to make the final decision now. Personally I would imagine at least a week. Plenty of time to redraw the fixtures if required....

38 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Pretty much what I've heard. It really just depends how long it takes to make the final decision now. Personally I would imagine at least a week. Plenty of time to redraw the fixtures if required....

call me a cynic... but I'm sure the spfl will have obtained a plan b set of fixtures to cover hearts potential reinstatement plus other models to include a 13 or 14 team top league 

15 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

call me a cynic... but I'm sure the spfl will have obtained a plan b set of fixtures to cover hearts potential reinstatement plus other models to include a 13 or 14 team top league 

So is there a feeling developing that we can win this? 

1 minute ago, exiledjag said:

So is there a feeling developing that we can win this? 

nah its just pure speculation bud - it could be why they were farmed out to florida for completion but alternative fixture lists planned and waiting on arbitration might just be a planning stage beyond the limited capabilities of the spfl board 

3 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

nah its just pure speculation bud - it could be why they were farmed out to florida for completion but alternative fixture lists planned and waiting on arbitration might just be a planning stage beyond the limited capabilities of the spfl board 

The fixtures have been getting done by the same American company for a number of years.

1 minute ago, gianlucatoni said:

sounds like it's a really difficult procedure ... I mean how do the schools, amateurs & juniors manage to put together fixture lists :blink:

The  person who deals with the fixtures was on sportsound a few weeks ago explaining the different things they need to take into consideration when doing the fixtures. Like not having the two erse cheeks playing in Glasgow same weekend, Edinburgh teams and rugby internationals not clashing, also having to leave weekends free for cup competitions and international games, having free midweeks for postponed games. There was a few other things mentioned which i now forget. But it was quite a list.

1 minute ago, gianlucatoni said:

sounds like it's a really difficult procedure ... I mean how do the schools, amateurs & juniors manage to put together fixture lists :blink:

I suppose the only difficulty is ensuring the ugly sisters don't have home fixtures that clash plus Hearts/Hibs and the Dundee clubs similarly. Also whenever we're in the same division as Ross County they've got to try and arrange a fixture against them as close to Xmas or New Years Day as possible.  

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

The  person who deals with the fixtures was on sportsound a few weeks ago explaining the different things they need to take into consideration when doing the fixtures. Like not having the two erse cheeks playing in Glasgow same weekend, Edinburgh teams and rugby internationals not clashing, also having to leave weekends free for cup competitions and international games, having free midweeks for postponed games. There was a few other things mentioned which i now forget. But it was quite a list.

Two other elements that spring to mind are TV commitments and mitigating potential fixture congestion for teams in European competition. Probably also consideration of the balance of fixtures before the January transfer window opens and stuff like that.

6 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

He's not going to say it's an easy task, is he? Has to justify the enormous cost somehow!

been a bit quiet on here... I'm missing WJ. 

anyway onto business... my mate heard from their distant cousin who he's never met - apparently he's in the know and has it on some authority that he's heard that the panel are still sitting but may have finished, that a decision is imminent but might have been delayed and we may if may not be reinstated/relegated or given some cash or not. 

2 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

anyway onto business... my mate heard from their distant cousin who he's never met - apparently he's in the know and has it on some authority that he's heard that the panel are still sitting but may have finished, that a decision is imminent but might have been delayed and we may if may not be reinstated/relegated or given some cash or not. 

I wouldn't bet on it

2 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

That boy should get a job with the BBC - information like that is priceless.