Court It Is Then

Bobbyhouston

19 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Yes, Hearn did a 'lecture' to an audience of Scottish Football Directors and Chief Executives. It was posted  by one of members. Apologies I can't recall the poster.  I think Hearn started his talk by saying something like "he doesnt know much about football but having looked at the figures and having no sponsor it seems neither do you" 

Would have liked to have been listening it to that 'talk'. 

Perhaps the original poster can add to/correct the above! 

His quote was, " I'm not an expert on Scottish football and listening to your (financial ) figures it doesn't seem like you are either."

He also said "It is archaic for a customer not to be able to buy an alcoholic drink at a function or a sporting event"

and,

"The fact that you've got a Scottish Premiership without a sponsor, do you know how long  you'd work for Barry Hearn if that was the case? You wouldn't have time to take your coat off, you'd be in the car park."

Shamefully, I think it is a pretty accurate summation of how Scottish football is administered.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I spent a lot of time in the 70's going to concert's at the Apollo Glasgow. One of the best was 10cc  circa  75/76. The only downside was Chas and Dave was the support.

While you would have dodged rubber bullets to see 10CC, I take it that you were not in love with Chas & Dave.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

I spent a lot of time in the 70's going to concert's at the Apollo Glasgow. One of the best was 10cc  circa  75/76. The only downside was Chas and Dave was the support.

Name-dropping alert! In may 1977, I attended a Neil Sedaka concert in the apollo in the company of Ronnie Glavin and our wives at the time...

42 minutes ago, robphil said:

Name-dropping alert! In may 1977, I attended a Neil Sedaka concert in the apollo in the company of Ronnie Glavin and our wives at the time...

Aye that's pure name droppin' so it izzzz pal.

Ronnie Glavin scored one of the best free-kicks ever hit by anyone v Celtic - 2-0 in March 74. He also got the other one that day.

Re 10cc - I don't like reggae ..............oh no - I ******* love it.

40 years ago this month, Bob Marley-san played two nights at the Apollo. Made it to the Friday night one. Less than 10 months later he was taken away for good.

3 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

It was a long time ago but didn't 10cc need to cancel the gig at the last minute due to illness but not before the need to endure chas & dave. They rescheduled but guess the support at gig no 2.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

It was a long time ago but didn't 10cc need to cancel the gig at the last minute due to illness but not before the need to endure chas & dave. They rescheduled but guess the support at gig no 2.

That is the concert i went to. 10cc played for about 20minutes or so but had to stop due to a few members having flu. I thought i had seen the last of the cockney duo, but yes they were still the support at the rescheduled date.

3 hours ago, robphil said:

Name dropping alert, number 2. In September 2009 Robert junior, Eunice and myself went to see Coldplay at Hampden. Before the concert we got to meet Coldplay and we spent about 15 minutes talking to the band members and getting a number of great photographs with them. My wife and i was never the biggest fans of them, but Robert was and it was one of the many great experiences we had as a family, and my wife and i will always remember how great the band were to give up time before a big concert. This was all arranged by a charity for young adults with life limiting conditions. The charity was started by ex Arsenal and Scotland keeper Bob Wilson, who lost his daughter. 

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Aye that's pure name droppin' so it izzzz pal.

Ronnie Glavin scored one of the best free-kicks ever hit by anyone v Celtic - 2-0 in March 74. He also got the other one that day.

Re 10cc - I don't like reggae ..............oh no - I ******* love it.

40 years ago this month, Bob Marley-san played two nights at the Apollo. Made it to the Friday night one. Less than 10 months later he was taken away for good.

I saw Bob on the Saturday night. I knew it was 1980 but had no idea of the month. 

6 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Name dropping alert, number 2. In September 2009 Robert junior, Eunice and myself went to see Coldplay at Hampden. Before the concert we got to meet Coldplay and we spent about 15 minutes talking to the band members and getting a number of great photographs with them. My wife and i was never the biggest fans of them, but Robert was and it was one of the many great experiences we had as a family, and my wife and i will always remember how great the band were to give up time before a big concert. This was all arranged by a charity for young adults with life limiting conditions. The charity was started by ex Arsenal and Scotland keeper Bob Wilson, who lost his daughter. 

What a lovely memory for you both

• Like 1

Off the top of my head (as opposed to out of it, as I often was back then), the acts that I can remember seeing at the Greens Playhouse and then after it changed to the Apollo are:

Donovan (twice), East of Eden, Electric Light Orchestra, Melanie,  Rolling Stones (2nd best concert I've ever seen, after Pink Floyd),  Joan Armatrading (twice). 

I'm sure some guys on here went to many, many more. And when you look at the list of absolute superstars who played there over the years, I regret not making any effort to go and see more.

25 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Off the top of my head (as opposed to out of it, as I often was back then), the acts that I can remember seeing at the Greens Playhouse and then after it changed to the Apollo are:

Donovan (twice), East of Eden, Electric Light Orchestra, Melanie,  Rolling Stones (2nd best concert I've ever seen, after Pink Floyd),  Joan Armatrading (twice). 

I'm sure some guys on here went to many, many more. And when you look at the list of absolute superstars who played there over the years, I regret not making any effort to go and see more.

Ok 

some highlights from me at greens/Apollo 

led zeppelin

genesis - suppers ready tour 

ten years after 

Leonard Cohen