Court It Is Then

Bobbyhouston

1 minute ago, Lithgae Jag said:

I think you might find that nobody actually asked you to spend the amount of time you spent on this matter. You could easily have made all your points in a far less pompous manner and then you may have been spared all the apparent angst. However, if being correct about this is what floats your boat I’m happy to be on another vessel.

Humility costs nothing.

out of likes, but very well said

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

When I warned our fans that this was a futile enterprise, I was personally attacked, my qualifications were brought into question and my analysis was dismissed as uninformed opinion.

This isn't gloating. This is vindication. Perhaps next time people won't dismiss people who know what they're ******* talking about?

If there is one thing worse than a sore loser, it’s a bad winner.

A big dod of humility wouldn’t go amiss WJ.

• Like 1

To be fair to WJ, he said earlier today he had a stock of told you so memes... its no surprise he's having his moment as several posters, myself included, have been all too keen to tell him he was talking pish. 

He backed the winning horse and in arbitration we lost 3-nil. 

At the end of the day were all on here as jags fans giving our own opinions on a daily basis. If this wasn't happening it would be a ******* dead zone. 

I'll raise a glass to you tonight WJ, but I still think you're a bit of a see you next Tuesday!  :thumbsup2:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Lithgae Jag said:

I think you might find that nobody actually asked you to spend the amount of time you spent on this matter.

But they were more than happy to attack me personally when I simply explained the situation as I saw it in an informed and, ultimately, correct, manner.

You could easily have made all your points in a far less pompous manner and then you may have been spared all the apparent angst.

I'll be as pompous as I like when people are wrong.

However, if being correct about this is what floats your boat I’m happy to be on another vessel.

Humility costs nothing.

I have no need to be modest.

Just now, gianlucatoni said:

To be fair to WJ, he said earlier today he had a stock of told you so memes... its no surprise he's having his moment as several posters, myself included, have been all too keen to tell him he was talking pish. 

He backed the winning horse and in arbitration we lost 3-nil. 

At the end of the day were all on here as jags fans giving our own opinions on a daily basis. If this wasn't happening it would be a ******* dead zone. 

I'll raise a glass to you tonight WJ, but I still think you're a bit of a see you next Tuesday!  :thumbsup2:

Fair play auld yin. We have at least one poster taking this in the spirit intended!

2 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

But they were more than happy to attack me personally when I simply explained the situation as I saw it in an informed and, ultimately, correct, manner.

You do come across as requiring some needs, however. I'll let you think about what they might be.

Just now, Woodstock Jag said:

Jeez... Lovely guy...   Anyway, moving forward... 

We're all going to have to put the pain of the relegation / court / rules / fairness etc behind us and move on. Winning football matches and promotion is the only cure. To that end I'll be avoiding away games (except Falkirk) and deal with my frustration by sticking my hands deeper into my pockets than ever before to support the manager with funds... CF/half time tickets/merchandising/Jagszone/other ad hoc fund raising schemes..    I well p*ssed off by the entire shambles surrounding our clubs over the last couple of seasons but time to move on..  

• Like 5

Just now, JAG1970 said:

Jeez... Lovely guy...   Anyway, moving forward... 

We're all going to have to put the pain of the relegation / court / rules / fairness etc behind us and move on. Winning football matches and promotion is the only cure. To that end I'll be avoiding away games (except Falkirk) and deal with my frustration by sticking my hands deeper into my pockets than ever before to support the manager with funds... CF/half time tickets/merchandising/Jagszone/other ad hoc fund raising schemes..    I well p*ssed off by the entire shambles surrounding our clubs over the last couple of seasons but time to move on..  

Post of the season , well said sir 

Disappointed although not surprised by the outcome.  

Will there be a reasoned judgement from the Arbitration panel or is it just a yes or no?

I find it extermely hard to accept that if there was a forensic examination of the SPFL processes and conduct throughout, the panel found absolutely nothing untoward or requiring improvement. Which is what you would think reading the comments of MClennan and the Donkey. 

I for one am glad we took this to Court- at least we can say we tried - which is better than just meekly accepting things as certain people would have us do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Emsca said:

Disappointed although not surprised by the outcome.  

Will there be a reasoned judgement from the Arbitration panel or is it just a yes or no?

I find it extermely hard to accept that if there was a forensic examination of the SPFL processes and conduct throughout, the panel found absolutely nothing untoward or requiring improvement. Which is what you would think reading the comments of MClennan and the Donkey. 

I for one am glad we took this to Court- at least we can say we tried - which is better than just meekly accepting things as certain people would have us do.

The job of the arbitration panel was not to establish if the SPFL should run itself better. Its job was only to establish whether Hearts and Thistle could prove on the balance of probabilities that there was procedural impropriety undermining the legality of the ordinary resolution. They concluded there wasn't.

We have not been told publicly and unequivocally that all legal and disciplinary costs of this process will be met by our anonymous benefactor. We therefore do not yet know whether we have been left worse off by this.

• Like 1

I will await the Thistle and Hearts response although not expecting it to say too much as we probably just have to accept our fate now.

Not surprised in the ruling but like others glad we at least tried and hopefully the person who is fronting our legal costs is paying for this all especially if we have to compensate others.

My hope from this was that the SPFL dirty laundry was aired and we could show what a shower of s**te they are. 

I have never been a big fan of Scottish football and this whole episode has really confirmed it for me that Scottish football is a waste of time. I will of course continue to support thistle and give the club as much backing as possible.

18 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I don’t think anyone even considered that you may not be pompous or modest. So at least we can agree on that. Those traits, however, do give the impression that you would not be first on the list for many social gatherings that I would wish to join.

I am on the side of @Woodstock Jag

This was like some kind of social media politics twitter spat.

Lawyers will take on a case.  They will get £ for it.  @Woodstock Jag clearly has more legal expertise on there than anyone else and there has been a consistent pile on because people did not like what he was saying.  It was like bullies in a playground and now people are  hurting and taking it out on him.  He is as big a fan as anyone but no matter how unjustified we feel if the law the way it is written will not agree with us then we are f***ed regardless of what is morally right or wrong.

I'm just amazed @javeajag was not correct all along :blink:

3 minutes ago, Lithgae Jag said:

I don’t think anyone even considered that you may not be pompous or modest. So at least we can agree on that. Those traits, however, do give the impression that you would not be first on the list for many social gatherings that I would wish to join.

I'm not here to be popular.

I'm here to state my piece and to talk about Thistle.

4 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Lawyers will take on a case.  They will get £ for it.  @Woodstock Jag clearly has more legal expertise on there than anyone else and there has been a consistent pile on because people did not like what he was saying.  It was like bullies in a playground and now people are  hurting and taking it out on him.  He is as big a fan as anyone but no matter how unjustified we feel if the law the way it is written will not agree with us then we are f***ed regardless of what is morally right or wrong.

this isn’t Tinder 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lithgae Jag said:

Come on......The guy expressed his opinion. On a  football forum. Which is all about expressing opinions. He took loads of stick for it, being in a minority position but stuck to his guns - he was not anti-Thistle, he was anti-legal case, and in fact some might argue that more ought to have taken a pragmatic rather than overly emotional view, because the outcome is worse for us than the alternative may have been. Now its open season on him all over again.

Partick Thistle now need to move on. Start winning games. Deliver fan ownership rather than be in this limbo land we find ourselves. To do so, we need to be united. So I am not suggesting anyone will go so far as patting WJ on the back, but perhaps we can at least remove some of the more personal attacks on him?

We are all hurting.  As a fan of many years standing, I guess WJ is too. There are enough people against us without turning on ourselves.

Edited by jaf
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Emsca said:

Been thinking along these lines as well. If we hadn't gone to court/tribunal there'd be many of us glued to a "what if" or "if only" position. Every football supporter I've spoken to in the last month or so thought we were being treated unfairly and the SPFL had shown themselves up in a very poor light. 

As I see it we're in little or no worse a place now than we were before taking legal action. We may even have won a PR battle within our support, if not within football support as a whole, tho' we may have won the latter as well. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

If you actually took the trouble to read stuff you would have seen that I never stated we would win but that if the club had legal advice that was 50/50 and our fees were being paid then we should pursue it. If we have lost no money then there’s not much lost in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Been thinking along these lines as well. If we hadn't gone to court/tribunal there'd be many of us glued to a "what if" or "if only" position. Every football supporter I've spoken to in the last month or so thought we were being treated unfairly and the SPFL had shown themselves up in a very poor light. 

As I see it we're in little or no worse a place now than we were before taking legal action. We may even have won a PR battle within our support, if not within football support as a whole, tho' we may have won the latter as well. 

Would your view be the same if our benefactor has not covered us for all of the legal costs and/or any fines from our disciplinary proceedings with the SFA?

The way I see it if we are a single penny out of pocket this little escapade has been a bad thing.

It has served to cloak the SPFL's resolution in the sheen of legality. A court's, and a tribunal panel's, seal of approval.

Edited by Woodstock Jag
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, jaf said:

Come on......The guy expressed his opinion. On a  football forum. Which is all about expressing opinions. He took loads of stick for it, being in a minority position but stuck to his guns - he was not anti-Thistle, he was anti-legal case, and in fact some might argue that more ought to have taken a pragmatic rather than overly emotional view, because the outcome is worse for us than the alternative may have been. Now its open season on him all over again.

Partick Thistle now need to move on. Start winning games. Deliver fan ownership rather than be in this limbo land we find ourselves. To do so, we need to be united. So I am not suggesting anyone will go so far as patting WJ on the back, but perhaps we can at least remove some of the more personal attacks on him?

We are all hurting.  As a fan of many years standing, I guess WJ is too. There are enough people against us without turning on ourselves.

I think it’s not about WJ expressing his opinions that’s what a forum is for but how he does that which I think is deliberate.

17 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I'm not here to be popular.

I'm here to state my piece and to talk about Thistle.

Agreed. There is more than one way of doing so and we will just have to live with that. I had no issue with you stating your piece and read most of the posts you made with interest and didn’t expect any result other than what has transpired. You were correct but your apparent gloating did not sit well with me, although I also understand that you have more to worry about than my views on that or any other subject.

• Like 1