Court It Is Then

Bobbyhouston

14 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Sanctimonious (adjective): to make a show of being morally superior to other people

Happy (adjective): feeling or showing pleasure or contentment.

These two things can coexist. I am not pleased or content with the current situation. Quite the contrary. I am left angry that we ever allowed it to get to such a shambolic situation.

I have also said several times on here that I would have been delighted to be wrong about this case. But I wasn't. Because I know what I'm talking about.

Your argument would stand up if you hadn’t posted your “ I could’ve told you “ video 

You didn’t do yourselves any favours by posting that .

To be honest, gloating about how right you were on this case is a bit like gloating about predicting that we'd lose a game to Kilmarnock. 

You called something that most people thought was a likely outcome, but everyone wanted to believe otherwise. Doesn't mean it was inevitable. Doesn't mean it wasn't worth turning up. Doesn't make you an expert.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I freely admit that I am superior to you and that I make a point of demonstrating it.

Depends on your definition of superior I mean it’s a football forum ....but at least proving the point 

Edited by javeajag

3 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Your argument would stand up if you hadn’t posted your “ I could’ve told you “ video 

You didn’t do yourselves any favours by posting that .

I gave you all fair warning.

I was told by posters that if I was wrong I should quit the forum. I had my credentials questioned. I was subjected to political ad hominem attacks.

If people can’t take their wrongness being clobbered over their heads, they shouldn’t dish it out.

2 minutes ago, allyo said:

To be honest, gloating about how right you were on this case is a bit like gloating about predicting that we'd lose a game to Kilmarnock. 

You called something that most people thought was a likely outcome, but everyone wanted to believe otherwise. Doesn't mean it was inevitable. Doesn't mean it wasn't worth turning up. Doesn't make you an expert.

There’s a very important difference though isn’t there. When I predict we’re going to lose to Killie I do so as an ordinary punter, not someone with greater knowledge or insight than the average fan that rocks up to the John Lambie Stand. I did have more expertise than others. A Senator of the College of Justice and two Sheriffs agree with my assessment.

People questioned my assessment from a position of inferior knowledge and understanding to me, and then personally attacked me for not being “loyal” enough to a stance that has since been proven to be legally baseless.

I am entitled, candidly, to tell those people to get it up themselves, and I can do so while still being angry about the circumstances that led to Thistle’s relegation.

1 minute ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I was told by posters that if I was wrong I should quit the forum. I had my credentials questioned. I was subjected to political ad hominem attacks.

If people can’t take their wrongness being clobbered over their heads, they shouldn’t dish it out.

There’s a very important difference though isn’t there. When I predict we’re going to lose to Killie I do so as an ordinary punter, not someone with greater knowledge or insight than the average fan that rocks up to the John Lambie Stand. I did have more expertise than others. A Senator of the College of Justice and two Sheriffs agree with my assessment.

People questioned my assessment from a position of inferior knowledge and understanding to me, and then personally attacked me for not being “loyal” enough to a stance that has since been proven to be legally baseless.

I am entitled, candidly, to tell those people to get it up themselves, and I can do so while still being angry about the circumstances that led to Thistle’s relegation.

Smugness personified 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Haha don't pretend you had some great insight. It was always more likely this was the way it was going to go but given its a Thistle forum the majority of people are probably going to argue our case. The idea you 'called it' with your great legal mind and insight is laughable.

I'm with Big Col here. I knew we had a relatively small chance of success. But I think a degree of humility in defeat is just as virtuous as humility in victory. To be going on about your credentials being called into question may be true; but merely the mention of the word comes across as slightly sanctimonious (which is your prerogative since you were right). 

Decision has been made. Most people I think knew we had little chance of success. A smaller number knew we had little chance but still dared to dream. And a very small number actually thought that we could win. It's where we go from here that counts. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, allyo said:

Absolutely spot on Allyo. 

It is utterly cringeworthy to see WJ  hold himself out triumphantly as having some unique legal expertise and insight in calling an entirely predictable outcome. I stopped reading his posts after Lord Clark's judgement that the matter should go to arbitration by which time WJ had bored everyone with dozens of tedious posts on why our action would be thrown out immediately by the Court of Session...yet he completely failed even to mention in any of his posts the arbitration issue on which the matter was decided,

I don't think anyone actually expected a judgement to overturn our relegation. WJ's obnoxious and repetitive contributions have turned this Forum into a fairly miserable experience  - he is a vexatious poster...high on self-regard and low on self-awareness.  

• Like 3

Aw ffs give it a rest lads and lassies. 

My suggestion would be for everyone to go back, re-read WJs posts and have a sleep on it. 

Think it's just too raw this evening - this vitriolic pish does the Thistle family no favours. 

I'm off to Fife on Wednesday for a week's holiday so hopefully the WiFi is shite in my rented wheelie bin & I'll be spared this nonsense. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

Aw ffs give it a rest lads and lassies. 

My suggestion would be for everyone to go back, re-read WJs posts and have a sleep on it. 

Think it's just too raw this evening - this vitriolic pish does the Thistle family no favours. 

I'm off to Fife on Wednesday for a week's holiday so hopefully the WiFi is shite in my rented wheelie bin & I'll be spared this nonsense. 

Fife eh @gianlucatoni - a fine part of the world, particularly the East Neuk 

• Administrators

There might be value in everyone drawing breath for a second. 

Woodstock Jag is not responsible for Thistle sitting bottom of the league when the league was called. 

He's not responsible for the failure to reconstruct the leagues, the failure to win in the Court of Session or the fact that arbitration didn't go our way. 

He stated, forcefully and repeatedly (boy did he repeat his view) that our legal approach was destined to fail. 

He was proven right. 

A lot of the anger right now is misplaced in his direction. 

Meantime Woodstock Jag could perhaps give thought to how he is coming across right now. 

Is this the right place and time for this apparent level of triumphalism? That might be the reason for the vitriol coming his way. 

I think I get this.

'Alexithymia is the inability to express emotions or to understand others' emotions'

WJ, due to the nature of his job, perhaps, is looking at the probable outcome only.

Despite his love of Thistle, he can't see past that outcome. - sorry about the Bold text, can't switch off.

The rest of us feel the pain from an unjust decision from an unregulated shower of shite and only want one thing, a fair result.

Looking back, we can all now agree that this was as likely as Thistle ever having a player described as a 'Penalty King'.

Time will move on but I will never forget this day, ever!

Being a Thistle fan, I've felt cheated on many occasions but this really takes the biscuit.

There will now be two celebrations after each win;

1. Our victory

2. The defeat of our rivals

34 minutes ago, Jag36 said:

Haha don't pretend you had some great insight. It was always more likely this was the way it was going to go but given its a Thistle forum the majority of people are probably going to argue our case. The idea you 'called it' with your great legal mind and insight is laughable.

“Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia.”

Edited by Woodstock Jag

3 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

And if this ends up costing us money, weakening our player budget for the promotion push?

Then so be it. You have to make choices and live with the consequences of those choices.

In my view the Club made the correct decision to challenge this injustice and just because 3 unknowns decided no actual rules had been broken does not alter my view that we were wronged.

44 minutes ago, Winter of '63 said:

Absolutely spot on Allyo. 

It is utterly cringeworthy to see WJ  hold himself out triumphantly as having some unique legal expertise and insight in calling an entirely predictable outcome. I stopped reading his posts after Lord Clark's judgement that the matter should go to arbitration by which time WJ had bored everyone with dozens of tedious posts on why our action would be thrown out immediately by the Court of Session...yet he completely failed even to mention in any of his posts the arbitration issue on which the matter was decided,

I don't think anyone actually expected a judgement to overturn our relegation. WJ's obnoxious and repetitive contributions have turned this Forum into a fairly miserable experience  - he is a vexatious poster...high on self-regard and low on self-awareness.

I did not claim that the Court of Session would grant the motion to dismiss. At no point did I do that. You have quite simply made that up.

I didn’t express a view on arbitration because I didn’t have a firm view on it.

Plenty of people on this forum believed this process would or credibly could overturn relegation or win us compensation. Neither has transpired, and it may actually have cost us money. And when I told them they were misplacing their optimism it was me who was attacked, often with reference to my qualifications and my job. I didn’t claim unique knowledge. I claimed to have an insight worth listening to, and a better understanding of the situation than certain other posters. This was vindicated by events.

People can dish it out but they can’t take it.

Edited by Woodstock Jag

29 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

I think I get this.

'Alexithymia is the inability to express emotions or to understand others' emotions'

WJ, due to the nature of his job, perhaps, is looking at the probable outcome only.

Despite his love of Thistle, he can't see past that outcome. - sorry about the Bold text, can't switch off.

The rest of us feel the pain from an unjust decision from an unregulated shower of shite and only want one thing, a fair result.

Looking back, we can all now agree that this was as likely as Thistle ever having a player described as a 'Penalty King'.

Time will move on but I will never forget this day, ever!

Being a Thistle fan, I've felt cheated on many occasions but this really takes the biscuit.

There will now be two celebrations after each win;

1. Our victory

2. The defeat of our rivals

Colin McAdam was our penalty king.  Usually hard, straight down the middle.  I'm sure keepers used to dive out of the road of his thunderbolts.

I'd love to have a young, physical Colin in the team next season, dishing it out!  Ah, wishful thinking!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I did not claim that the Court of Session would grant the motion to dismiss. At no point did I do that. You have quite simply made that up.

I didn’t express a view on arbitration because I didn’t have a firm view on it.

Plenty of people on this forum believed this process would or credibly could overturn relegation or win us compensation. Neither has transpired, and it may actually have cost us money. And when I told them they were misplacing their optimism it was me who was attacked, often with reference to my qualifications and my job. I didn’t claim unique knowledge. I claimed to have an insight worth listening to, and a better understanding of the situation than certain other posters. This was vindicated by events.

People can dish it out but they can’t take it.

Think most people knew this wouldn’t go our way however, what’s wrong with people having a bit of hope? 

Perhaps be the bigger person and stop gloating. It’s not a situation anyone wanted, using this as point scoring is ridiculous.

It’s over now, I for one just hope the fans come together and come out in force next season !

Just now, Thistle88 said:

Think most people knew this wouldn’t go our way however, what’s wrong with people having a bit of hope? 

Everything. Hope itself is objectionable.

Just now, Thistle88 said:

Perhaps be the bigger person and stop gloating. It’s not a situation anyone wanted, using this as point scoring is ridiculous.

I’m not gloating. This isn’t a question of “success” on my part.

We now have a slightly ridiculous situation where people are pretending that nobody ever thought we had a chance of winning this case, when a significant proportion of those on here actively ridiculed the suggestion that our case was a weak one.

And it’s not me that’s suggesting it was a situation anyone wants. It’s a situation I specifically urged us to avoid but which others cheered while we sleepwalked into it, and I was personally criticised and attacked for urging that it be avoided.

Just now, Woodstock Jag said:

Everything. Hope itself is objectionable.

I’m not gloating. This isn’t a question of “success” on my part.

We now have a slightly ridiculous situation where people are pretending that nobody ever thought we had a chance of winning this case, when a significant proportion of those on here actively ridiculed the suggestion that our case was a weak one.

And it’s not me that’s suggesting it was a situation anyone wants. It’s a situation I specifically urged us to avoid but which others cheered while we sleepwalked into it, and I was personally criticised and attacked for urging that it be avoided.

It’s coming across that way.