Court It Is Then

Bobbyhouston

12 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I dont know Doncaster - but I know Maxi and he will do it by the book - why would he put his position under threat ? 

so please stop peddling the Conspiracy theory nonsense 

It’s not a conspiracy theory so re read the post  ....I know maxi as well and he’s a nice guy but totally unqualified and unprepared for this situation ....that’s why of course the sfa wrote to all clubs in April/May reminding them of the arbitration process before court action...oh wait

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I’m sure if I read through the articles of association it would be there somewhere, but what is the process for this SFA action. I assume it is not an independent panel who hears the submissions and more likely that the SFA are judge and jury.

Nope. Wrong again. There is an entire Judicial Panel Protocol regulating this.

What happens if we don’t like the outcome ? Is it back to court or do we have to go through arbitration again ?

There are established grounds of appeal to an Appeal Tribunal.

You could only go further by claiming that even it was defective in a court of law or (presumably) CAS.

Sorry if I’m being a lazy arse and not reading it myself 

Not forgiven.

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I dont know Doncaster - but I know Maxi and he will do it by the book - why would he put his position under threat ? 

so please stop peddling the Conspiracy theory nonsense 

Really? From a guy who didnt want McLeish as Scotland boss, but when promised the top SFA job he agreed!!!

24 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Already been addressed.

The blogger doesn’t understand what a time bar is and overlooks that Hearts and Thistle wanted the whole thing resolved in court, actively opposing its return to arbitration as soon as reasonably possible as Art 99.15 insists on.

12 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Already been addressed.

The blogger doesn’t understand what a time bar is and overlooks that Hearts and Thistle wanted the whole thing resolved in court, actively opposing its return to arbitration as soon as reasonably possible as Art 99.15 insists on.

Modest 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

Joe Black, who can be a bit hit or miss, reporting that arbitration has been delayed.

Due to start today but spfl have not made full disclosure of documents. 

If true, the SPFL are taking the piss & our QC should consider the timeline & next move. 

That wasn't what he said.

He said "both sides are still gathering evidence".

4th Official

Had a talk with multiple people close to Hearts. No one knows when arbitration will start.

This is looking really bad. Difficult to see how they will wrap things up by end of this month.

Something really needs to give.

The start of the new season is absolutely under jeopardy.

joe black

Looks like the tribunal due to start today isn't. It appears that both sides are still gathering evidence which would suggest the @spfl haven't been quick enough to provide full disclosure

1st August start for the league? Doesn't look likely as it will be next week for start

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sandy said:

Best live cricket commentary I ever heard “The batsman’s Holding, the bowlers Willey”. 

Thank goodness for that comma.

The best live sport commentary was the radio coverage of the 195? Boat Race. Oxford had finally won after years of Cambridge dominance. Reporting on the after race celebrations, "They're so happy they're dipping their cox in the river"

22 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Along with  Ian Botham “couldn’t quite get his leg over” 

Yes, the funniest corpsing event on radio. For those that haven't heard it I have uploaded it here

Not as funny but a worthy inclusion, Jonathan Agnew and Michael Vaughan discuss putting a new rubber on a bat handle here

• Like 1