Court It Is Then

Bobbyhouston

Just now, javeajag said:

Warning ....caveats .....no evidence ....

rumours going round on twitter that we are on the verge of  making a deal with the spfl ....the second part is that the spfl have been keen to do a deal but we have not 

make of that what you will 

Not surprised if true, to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, javeajag said:

rumours going round on twitter that we are on the verge of  making a deal with the spfl ....the second part is that the spfl have been keen to do a deal but we have not 

For the benefit of those who don’t use Twitter, here are the relevant Tweets:

8 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Does it involve Bitcoin?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Thanks. I actually meant I was none the wiser about the arbitration but I suppose you could argue that this is more important in the big scheme of things. 

But regarding these 4th official tweets. Has he just made up a rumour that there is a rumour so that people will pay for his pattereoni? Looks a wee bit that way.

7 minutes ago, allyo said:

Thanks. I actually meant I was none the wiser about the arbitration but I suppose you could argue that this is more important in the big scheme of things. 

But regarding these 4th official tweets. Has he just made up a rumour that there is a rumour so that people will pay for his pattereoni? Looks a wee bit that way.

Bonus points for probably being right and for making me laugh with pattereoni.

Re this rumour about a deal! 

I can only guess that if there is any truth in this then it means we (Hearts & Thistle) have accepted demotion and are looking at a financial settlement. 

I would have thought the primary objective and condition for a settlement would for both clubs be:

1. The reinstatement of both clubs to their respective divisions, and

2. The immediate withdrawal of the SFA's breach of Articles of Association charge (going to Court without the SFA's permission) 

Would acceptence of demotion and a financial settlement not means both clubs facing a backlash from fans? 

I don't see any of the above happening so think this is just what it is - a rumour! 

Anyway why would the SPFL want to settle when we know from reliable opinion on this thread that we have no chance of winning! If SPFL do want to settle then it can only be because their 'dirty laundry' must really be a 'health and safety hazard'! 

4 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Re this rumour about a deal! 

I can only guess that if there is any truth in this then it means we (Hearts & Thistle) have accepted demotion and are looking at a financial settlement. 

I would have thought the primary objective and condition for a settlement would for both clubs be:

1. The reinstatement of both clubs to their respective divisions, and

2. The immediate withdrawal of the SFA's breach of Articles of Association charge (going to Court without the SFA's permission) 

Would acceptence of demotion and a financial settlement not means both clubs facing a backlash from fans? 

I don't see any of the above happening so think this is just what it is - a rumour! 

Anyway why would the SPFL want to settle when we know from reliable opinion on this thread that we have no chance of winning! If SPFL do want to settle then it can only be because their 'dirty laundry' must really be a 'health and safety hazard'! 

There may have been an offer of financial recompense but It won't even be in the jurisdiction of the SPFL to offer number 2. The money may be of sufficient amount to make the two chairs think it would be the best they can get. That would mean they'd need to find some pragmatism. Probably a rumour.

1 hour ago, scotty said:

There may have been an offer of financial recompense but It won't even be in the jurisdiction of the SPFL to offer number 2. The money may be of sufficient amount to make the two chairs think it would be the best they can get. That would mean they'd need to find some pragmatism. Probably a rumour.

A deal like this allows everyone to claim victory especially if the amount is “undisclosed” and the terms of settlement confidential . That’s where I expected this to end weeks ago. 

However, although I do think it’s where we might land I see a few problems with a deal 

1.  The amounts sought by the clubs in court papers is so high it possibly makes a deal more tricky. 

2. The spfl balance sheet is technically insolvent. Ie it has more liabilities than assets so where does the money come from?

3  The answer to 2 is presumably out of future payments to the other clubs, thereby reducing their future payments  In which case it would be brave if the executive to agree to this without formal consultation  with all the member clubs if this is any substantial amount  

2 hours ago, scotty said:

Yes you are quite correct about the withdrawal of the SFA Charge not being within the SPFL's influence. Equally neither is the ability to settle given they don't have any money! Which is why I think this news/twitter item is just a rumour. 

However there is absolutely no point is agreeing to settle and still facing the SFA Charge! Therefore as such a scenario, the opportunity to settle, represents a negotiation we could encourage the SPFL to 'talk: to the SFA saying''there is a chance to settle this dispute but the clubs are insisting you withdraw your Charge"!

The SPFL could do this in one of the perfectly normal conversations between two 'related' footballing organisations!

Alternatively the SPFL could ask that 'ace' negotiator John Nelms to help them with this tricky and sensitive situation! !

2 hours ago, jaf said:

A deal like this allows everyone to claim victory especially if the amount is “undisclosed” and the terms of settlement confidential . That’s where I expected this to end weeks ago. 

However, although I do think it’s where we might land I see a few problems with a deal 

1.  The amounts sought by the clubs in court papers is so high it possibly makes a deal more tricky. 

2. The spfl balance sheet is technically insolvent. Ie it has more liabilities than assets so where does the money come from?

3  The answer to 2 is presumably out of future payments to the other clubs, thereby reducing their future payments  In which case it would be brave if the executive to agree to this without formal consultation  with all the member clubs if this is any substantial amount

I agree especially with point 1. It seems to have misjudged the mood of the other clubs and the SPFL if a settlement was what was hoped for.

From the 4th official ....who also says rumours of a deal are incorrect 

Arbitration starting Monday. Procedural meeting yesterday was of 90 mins.

MSM report it will take 2 days to finish wrong.

Hearts definitely calling witnesses. Not too hard to deduce who it will be.

Also Hearts not worried about SFA notice of complaint.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elevenone said:

blue and green filth toggle members on spfl board every year... it supports the speculative notion that the SPFL is in orbit around the arse cheeks 

Edited by gianlucatoni
typo - motion to notion
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 8:35 AM, jaf said:

Yer man Jimmy Anderson?