Court It Is Then

Bobbyhouston

14 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I'm afraid I just don't buy that anything more than a handful of fans are in the position of going to Firhill where permitted this season who would not have done so had we left Hearts to their own devices.

Might be right. Who knows

5 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I'm afraid I just don't buy that anything more than a handful of fans are in the position of going to Firhill where permitted this season who would not have done so had we left Hearts to their own devices.

It's not about whether fans would have stopped going or not, based on the legal route we decided to take. It's about the fans feeling we took a reasonable course of action with the cards we were dealt. I think it's fairly clear that the comfortable majority of fans supported the action, based on my own friends and reaction on social media. If we were to end up hamstrung financially I would agree it was not wise. However.......the only information we have is that our legal fees were being paid. I'd rather think positively rather that add in more concern at a sensitive time for our fan base. If it transpires that the SFA levy a fine of anything between £1 and a million pounds, I'm sure you will resurrect your " I told you so " mantra. 

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

Now that is done, we face the SFA charge.

With the prospect of severe punishment, a likely fine, this will impact on loser McCall 's hopes of rebuilding the squad. Not good at all.

Yep the days of hardy Caldwell getting to take the players to Tenerife twice in the space of 6 months at a cost of £60,000 each occasion in the interests of team bonding are long gone now

7 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

It's not about whether fans would have stopped going or not, based on the legal route we decided to take. It's about the fans feeling we took a reasonable course of action with the cards we were dealt. I think it's fairly clear that the comfortable majority of fans supported the action, based on my own friends and reaction on social media. If we were to end up hamstrung financially I would agree it was not wise. However.......the only information we have is that our legal fees were being paid. I'd rather think positively rather that add in more concern at a sensitive time for our fan base. If it transpires that the SFA levy a fine of anything between £1 and a million pounds, I'm sure you will resurrect your " I told you so " mantra. 

This, I'm afraid, is where we differ philosophically. I don't take anything positive the Club claims at face value. The Club has not stated, categorically, unequivocally and without condition that all of the costs associated with us taking legal action will be met. We simply do not know whether the anonymous benefactor has agreed to underwrite the costs of other parties we've been ordered to pay, our own legal costs in arbitration/disciplinary matters, or any disciplinary fine we may receive from the SFA for (on the face of it) a breach of their rules.

Thinking positively without cold hard evidence to justify it just asks for future disappointment. Thistle fans need to learn, when it comes to the law and business matters, to be cold hard cynics: to be willing to scrutinise inside the tent rather than just to lob grenades out of it.

We are about to go into a season in which it's not clear who's going to own our stadium, who is going to own our club, or whether we will have a side that's going to challenge to get us out of the third tier of Scottish football. We need to have a vigilant fanbase ready to hold our own custodians' feet to the fire. What we don't need is a fanbase that is happy clappy and goes along with everything they do just because "well it's Thistle they're my team so I back Jacqui Low".

Edited by Woodstock Jag

1 minute ago, sick in the basin said:

Nope....but I’m sure being such a doyen of the profession you’ll have hard evidence of that accusation eh .....

.....fair play to you for calling the outcome whilst being derided throughout .  I don’t think I’m alone in having more of an issue with “how” rather than what was said during and after this debacle .

It’s done now though and no matter how much we bleat on about it we need to move on and concentrate on that alien concept of winning games of Fitba  !!

Happy to celebrate with all jags fans regardless of our differences when that returns  :clapping:

I for one can't wait to get this sorry nonsense out the way so we can focus on being pish at football again.

2 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Don’t really know how I feel about statement. I’m probably just numb after a wholly expected big fat zero today.

The SPFL has killed the Scottish game for me. I’m sick of Doncaster and his minions, the old firm and the blazers in the SFA. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sandy said:

Don’t really know how I feel about statement. I’m probably just numb after a wholly expected big fat zero today.

The SPFL has killed the Scottish game for me. I’m sick of Doncaster and his minions, the old firm and the blazers in the SFA. 

I think between that statement and this one https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/joint-club-statement-27th-july-2020/  it will be a case of let's please just move on and don't talk anymore about it.

1 hour ago, Woodstock Jag said:

It's nice to see that there are perusers of this forum who think it's funny to take the piss out of child molestation.

image.png.b2c9f5b713da97132da1cf968ac0b0dc.png

Anyone want to own up to being this knuckledragger?

looks like polis epaulets in the photo WJ ... its no me btw! 

Just recognised the photo... is that no some actor fae the bill

Edited by gianlucatoni

15 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

looks like polis epaulets in the photo WJ ... its no me btw! 

With the best will in the world, gianlucatoni, your contributions here are far too measured to have an ID fit with this moron.

Whoever they are, the precious little snowflake has blocked me from his peak "yer da" Twitter so I won't be able to see them anymore. 

ETA: and now he's protected his Tweets. Can't handle the heat. Maybe he should stay out of the kitchen.

Trump Sad GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Woodstock Jag

26 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

This, I'm afraid, is where we differ philosophically. I don't take anything positive the Club claims at face value. The Club has not stated, categorically, unequivocally and without condition that all of the costs associated with us taking legal action will be met. We simply do not know whether the anonymous benefactor has agreed to underwrite the costs of other parties we've been ordered to pay, our own legal costs in arbitration/disciplinary matters, or any disciplinary fine we may receive from the SFA for (on the face of it) a breach of their rules.

Thinking positively without cold hard evidence to justify it just asks for future disappointment. Thistle fans need to learn, when it comes to the law and business matters, to be cold hard cynics: to be willing to scrutinise inside the tent rather than just to lob grenades out of it.

We are about to go into a season in which it's not clear who's going to own our stadium, who is going to own our club, or whether we will have a side that's going to challenge to get us out of the third tier of Scottish football. We need to have a vigilant fanbase ready to hold our own custodians' feet to the fire. What we don't need is a fanbase that is happy clappy and goes along with everything they do just because "well it's Thistle they're my team so I back Jacqui Low".

29 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Having read all the posts WJ , it’s clear you are as sanctimonious as ever with your I told you so attitude. Think you are in a minority of 1 who seems happy with the result of an unfair relegation.

I hope in the coming season you back our Club on and off the park, just a hunch I think you talk the talk rather than walk the walk .

I’m sure you’ll tell me if I’m wrong.

31 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Having read all the posts WJ , it’s clear you are as sanctimonious as ever with your I told you so attitude. Think you are in a minority of 1 who seems happy with the result of an unfair relegation.

I hope in the coming season you back our Club on and off the park, just a hunch I think you talk the talk rather than walk the walk .

At absolutely no point have I said I am "happy with the result of an unfair relegation". There is absolutely nothing about our relegation that I am "happy" about. I have said several times that in my own personal view I consider it to be an unfair relegation.

What I feel vindicated on is my objective assessment of the strength of our legal argument. That assessment appears to have been vindicated in the unanimous decision of a tribunal, in which Hearts and Thistle literally hand-picked one of the participants.

I have backed and will always back the Thistle team on the park. I can't wait for open doors football to be back so that I can take in as many of our games as possible this coming season. I want to see us be a bit not shit again.

I have always reserved my right not to back its temporary custodians off it. Backing Thistle off the pitch is not the same as backing its major shareholders, board of directors, or even frankly its management team.

Edited by Woodstock Jag

Everything everywhere is in a state of flux at the moment. I am far from convinced that all the clubs are going to survive, I think a good few are going to go under before this nightmare is over.

The important thing is that our club survives the economic carnage that's increasingly unfolding before our eyes. That (imo) is what really matters.

Some heids absolutely gone on here. Make sure to pile some more vitriol on WJ; you were all raging at him before because you didn't like what he had to say, and now you're raging at him because he was right but not acting the way you think he should. Maybe you should be concentrating you passion on figuring out a way for the club to remain in existence, as this could very well put us under.

Still, at least the club showed the spine people were demanding! Let's see if it can survive a ton of bricks being dumped on it.

1 hour ago, dl1971 said:

Yes - our legal Fees may have been paid but we now have the Costs of those Clubs we were up against in Court - the SFA / SPFL Costs and any Fines Sanctions from the SFA - so Im hoping that this was all factored into the decision to go to  Court and the Club give a clear statement  that there is no contigent liabilty regards there decision to pursue this legally  

Lost a different type of pre-season match 3 nil. 

Nothing to see. 

Jog on to main season, getting behind the team (home games mainly for me) and competing in L1. 

Looking forward to a prematch pint in the Aitken suite, buying real 50/50 tickets with no  prospect of ever winning, buying a crap coffee and mars bar at half time, berating lazy buggers on the pitch and getting a double nougat with raspberry sauce on way home.... perhaps this'll be the reason for future type 2 diabetes! 

:fan:mon the jags 

GIRU the lot of them

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

Yes - our legal Fees may have been paid but we now have the Costs of those Clubs we were up against in Court - the SFA / SPFL Costs and any Fines Sanctions from the SFA - so Im hoping that this was all factored into the decision to go to  Court and the Club give a clear statement  that there is no contigent liabilty regards there decision to pursue this legally  

Of course, unless the Club comes out and straight up tells us the full extent of what has been underwritten, we will have to wait the best part of a year to see it in the Annual Accounts.

By which time those complaining that people like us are asking these questions now will be the same people complaining that we're still going on about "old stuff" when those Accounts are actually published.

Accountability at its finest. But of course it's the happy clappers who have the best interests of the Club at heart. Just a shame that's not where their brains are located.

1 minute ago, gianlucatoni said:

Lost a different type of pre-season match 3 nil. 

Nothing to see. 

Jog on to main season, getting behind the team (home games mainly for me) and competing in L1. 

Looking forward to a prematch pint in the Aitken suite, buying real 50/50 tickets with no  prospect of ever winning, buying a crap coffee and mars bar at half time, berating lazy buggers on the pitch and getting a double nougat with raspberry sauce on way home.... perhaps this'll be the reason for future type 2 diabetes! 

:fan:mon the jags 

GIRU the lot of them

I mean we're all Thistle fans here, but you can't go having pints in the Aitken Suite. You've taken that too far!

33 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Thats complete nonsense that WJ is "happy" - he attempted to bring sanity to an emotional debate that we should have  gone to Court - No one listened - as for backing the Club again a disgraceful statement to make - he is a Fan and supports us - stop trying to deflect what is a highly questionable decision from the Club to go to Court onto a normal fan   - maybe ask if the Directors decision was correct in the first place as even the QC we choose voted against us  

1 minute ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Of course, unless the Club comes out and straight up tells us the full extent of what has been underwritten, we will have to wait the best part of a year to see it in the Annual Accounts.

By which time those complaining that people like us are asking these questions now will be the same people complaining that we're still going on about "old stuff" when those Accounts are actually published.

Accountability at its finest. But of course it's the happy clappers who have the best interests of the Club at heart. Just a shame that's not where their brains are located.

I disagree - if they are going to make a Public Statement about Legal Funding then they have to make a Statement about the whole Legal Costs - its Not pick & Mix -  if they refuse then people will draw there own conclusions 

1 hour ago, Woodstock Jag said:

From what I was told, the legal fees were actually the lawyer/QC working Pro-Bono, the rest (3 clubs and SPFL’s) expenses weren’t being covered. 

the club statement seems to me at least to be clear that financially we are set for this season ......

The Board has already approved a financially responsible and balanced budget for season 2020/21 that gives the manager what he asked for to achieve everyone’s desire for an immediate return to the Championship.

3 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I disagree - if they are going to make a Public Statement about Legal Funding then they have to make a Statement about the whole Legal Costs - its Not pick & Mix -  if they refuse then people will draw there own conclusions 

Oh to be clear I think they should explain, up-front, in detail and in full who has paid for:

(a) our own direct legal costs in preparation for and in Court

(b) the costs award made against us in Court

(c) our own legal costs in relation to the arbitration

(d) any costs awarded against us at arbitration

(e) any costs, fees or fines falling due as a result of the SFA's disciplinary action next week.

And I think they should do so as soon as possible.

What I am saying is that I predict this level of transparency (for whatever reason) won't be forthcoming, and that we will therefore only find out as fans once the Annual Accounts for this year have found their way onto Companies House.