Court It Is Then

Bobbyhouston

5 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Thats complete nonsense that WJ is "happy" - he attempted to bring sanity to an emotional debate that we should have  gone to Court - No one listened - as for backing the Club again a disgraceful statement to make - he is a Fan and supports us - stop trying to deflect what is a highly questionable decision from the Club to go to Court onto a normal fan   - maybe ask if the Directors decision was correct in the first place as even the QC we choose voted against us  

JJ , tell me that isn’t sanctimonious!

F61F6C76-B5E0-4E20-B78C-16FB93AA2BC7.gif

Just now, Woodstock Jag said:

Oh to be clear I think they should explain, up-front, in detail and in full who has paid for:

(a) our own direct legal costs in preparation for and in Court

(b) the costs award made against us in Court

(c) our own legal costs in relation to the arbitration

(d) any costs awarded against us at arbitration

(e) any costs, fees or fines falling due as a result of the SFA's disciplinary action next week.

And I think they should do so as soon as possible.

What I am saying is that I predict this level of transparency (for whatever reason) won't be forthcoming, and that we will therefore only find out as fans once the Annual Accounts for this year have found their way onto Companies House.

Sorry WJ but they have set a precedent - it wont be acceptable to leave it to the Annuall Accounts - they have gone Public ref Legal Costs - they have to do that fully now we have lost   

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

JJ , tell me that isn’t sanctimonious!

F61F6C76-B5E0-4E20-B78C-16FB93AA2BC7.gif

You said he was Happy with the outcome - you questioned him as a Jags Fan - both are not acceptable - he has been spot on throughout the whole debate and  if he could see it - why could our legally trained CEO not or our QC - so stop shooting the Messenger - maybe ask proper questions as to the decision to go to Court with such a Weak Case       

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

You said he was Happy with the outcome - you questioned him as a Jags Fan - both are not acceptable - he has been spot on throughout the whole debate and  if he could see it - why could our legally trained CEO not or our QC - so stop shooting the Messenger - maybe ask proper questions as to the decision to go to Court with such a Weak Case       

That wasn’t the question I asked you 

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

the club statement seems to me at least to be clear that financially we are set for this season ......

The Board has already approved a financially responsible and balanced budget for season 2020/21 that gives the manager what he asked for to achieve everyone’s desire for an immediate return to the Championship.

Like not cutting our budget last year, then discovering we’d be operating at a significant loss (10 % of our turnover).

Like telling us the ground would be transferred back to the club imminently after being bought in December yet still hasn’t 

Like telling us the training ground was still going ahead even when planning permission had been rejected months previously 

Im a bit cynical to what I get told by current “custodians” 

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Like not cutting our budget last year, then discovering we’d be operating at a significant loss (10 % of our turnover).

Like telling us the ground would be transferred back to the club imminently after being bought in December yet still hasn’t 

Like telling us the training ground was still going ahead even when planning permission had been rejected months previously 

Quite.

The only people at Firhill who should be given the benefit of the doubt are debutants and youth players.

4 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Well that’s all your going to get so chill

3 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

These  are the questions you should be asking - if WJ could see it - why were we in Court ? 

Because we took legal advice and were told we have a case we were given fu ding so pursued it ....nothing complicated there .....or we were in court because we were royally shafted ?

3 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

David Thomson QC is a Die Hard Jags Fan - but Im sure the Club will clarify all of this 

I don't question him at all. He's been given a tricky task of constructing an argument to try and squeeze our way out of a very sub-optimal situation. If as is suggested he's offered to work pro bono then that's credit to him.

We simply don't know how confident he was of our case: he could perfectly honourably have told Thistle that this was a long shot but that he was willing to give it its best possible chance if that's what they decided to do.

The people we can reasonably question are those that took the ultimate decision to sue. That responsibility rests with the Board of Directors. They and no one else are responsible for whether Thistle are left out of pocket following this process.

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Tell me 

Sanctimonious (adjective): to make a show of being morally superior to other people

Happy (adjective): feeling or showing pleasure or contentment.

These two things can coexist. I am not pleased or content with the current situation. Quite the contrary. I am left angry that we ever allowed it to get to such a shambolic situation.

I have also said several times on here that I would have been delighted to be wrong about this case. But I wasn't. Because I know what I'm talking about.

9 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

The Question is if WJ could see how Weak our case was / how could the Board not see it ? 

Because they took legal advice and acted upon it .....it was stated as a 50/50 chance at best and we lost at arbitration not in court....they also probably can’t predict the future 

7 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Sanctimonious (adjective): to make a show of being morally superior to other people

Happy (adjective): feeling or showing pleasure or contentment.

These two things can coexist. I am not pleased or content with the current situation. Quite the contrary. I am left angry that we ever allowed it to get to such a shambolic situation.

I have also said several times on here that I would have been delighted to be wrong about this case. But I wasn't. Because I know what I'm talking about.

sanctimonious clearly 

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

The Question is if WJ could see how Weak our case was / how could the Board not see it ? 

JJ , a lot of respected lawyers thought we had a case , maybe WJ should contact the Club and offer his services.

Everyone could see that the SPFL and the SFA were shambles of organisations , they probably pushed it the very limit of legality re vote , funds , duty of care etc .

The Clubs pushed it on because they had little faith in Doncaster and Maxwell who were obviously working alongside each other re letter of intent to call the Leagues before any consultation to the Clubs .

It didn’t work out but I still maintain it was worth a shot , I truly hope this scenario will help to galvanise PTFC  and help us bounce back .

• Like 1