Transfer window

a f kincaid

Has anyone seen any referfence to what is happening on the transfer window?  In a normal season the main window is open for two months -July and August. While that might still be approporiate for the Premiership what about the leagues starting in mid-October or later?  Who "owns" the transfer window?  Are clubs expected to sign players before 31 August at least 6 weeks before football starts (and probably before they even start training)? 

• 2 weeks later...

I thought McIntyre might have been kept on but not the least bit surprised to see the others leave. Robson was showing a bit of form latterly and he's an easy player to like. Unfortunately he's not versatile enough, in so much as he doesn't offer much in defence. We may be forced into going with a small squad so having guys that can cover two or three positions could be important.

Imo Robson was very poor most of the season. The Celtic game he was terrible in the first half, improved in the second half and after that he had a few very good games. Cardle i agree with @ThickAsThievesin i didn't feel that he hid, more he tried something and when it didn't come off, he would try and make up for it and it just got worse. Big season for Thistle and McCall, if we don't get promoted it will be failure.

3 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Imo Robson was very poor most of the season. The Celtic game he was terrible in the first half, improved in the second half and after that he had a few very good games. Cardle i agree with @ThickAsThievesin i didn't feel that he hid, more he tried something and when it didn't come off, he would try and make up for it and it just got worse. Big season for Thistle and McCall, if we don't get promoted it will be failure.

Still too many players in the squad that got us relegated.

3 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Still too many players in the squad that got us relegated.

Don't disagree, but they have all got contracts for next season at least. Of course McCall gave some of them the longer contracts. As i say a big season for Thistle and McCall coming up.

Just now, AlgarveJag said:

Cardle has been running and cycling all lockdown to keep himself at peak fitness, which should aid his negotiation and show willing and determination to other clubs. 

you’d have to rate him in L1 with his experience too. 

Can’t see it , can’t go by players anymore and prefers to cut inside .

Need to get pace in the team which we’re sadly lacking.

5 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

When these players leave, we will have 13 players. 6 Of them are contracted until the end of season 20/21, 7 season 21/22.

Don’t think that’s great unfortunately, there was too much negativity around the Club on and off the park, would have been better with a fresh start .