Transfer window

a f kincaid

11 minutes ago, Paukea said:

100 % this

im sick of hearing bring back Dools bring back Erskine bring back Cole they were the past and both were failing when they left and have done zero since they left. Cole was rank rotten after he extended his stay

i also hate the phrase “they will walk league one” how many players did we say that about when we headed for the championship 

the team needs gutted and fresh Young hungry Players with a point to prove is what we need

sneddon, brownlie, docherty, Lyons, Graham and Rudden is really all I would keep. Could be persuaded on Brannigan but that’s it

Priority should be two new Attack minded full backs

Rite time to name names  ..everyone knows who they don't want everybody knows who they want to go but who do we bring in that will get us promotion????

9 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

Rite time to name names  ..everyone knows who they don't want everybody knows who they want to go but who do we bring in that will get us promotion????

That's what Ian McCall and his assistants are paid for. If they do half as good a job as McNamara done then we'll be heading in the right direction

10 hours ago, Paukea said:

100 % this

im sick of hearing bring back Dools bring back Erskine bring back Cole they were the past and both were failing when they left and have done zero since they left. Cole was rank rotten after he extended his stay

i also hate the phrase “they will walk league one” how many players did we say that about when we headed for the championship 

the team needs gutted and fresh Young hungry Players with a point to prove is what we need

sneddon, brownlie, docherty, Lyons, Graham and Rudden is really all I would keep. Could be persuaded on Brannigan but that’s it

Priority should be two new Attack minded full backs

I don't get why they have to be young. Surely getting a team of winners is far more important than how old they are. More than anything, we need to be going to games with some sort of expectation of getting a result.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alan Murray said:

If people think we can turn our noses up at player like Cole for L1 then I think people are going to be very disapointed in who we bring in. 
Maybe have a look at the players Falkirk brought in last season. 

In League 1 can we afford to carry players like him.? A few good hits on him and he disappears.

3 hours ago, MonehJags said:

That's what Ian McCall and his assistants are paid for. If they do half as good a job as McNamara done then we'll be heading in the right direction

Who's paying everyone on this site to moan and complain and moan, and then moan some more, about every player we do employ, used to employ, or might might be considering to employ? 'Cause I'd like a piece of that action.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, West of Scotland said:

Who's paying everyone on this site to moan and complain and moan, and then moan some more, about every player we do employ, used to employ, or might might be considering to employ? 'Cause I'd like a piece of that action.

Dont worry. Your post is a fantastic moan about the moaners. 

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

If they are furloughed, they can't do any work for Partick Thistle, not even promotional. That is why Ross Docherty did all the modeling of the new kit as he is the only fully paid player.

I think some of the furlough rules were relaxed at the start of July. Employees can work partime and furlough will still be paid by govt for the balance of time. It’s possible I have got my timings wrong and that may be from 1st Aug.

9 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I think some of the furlough rules were relaxed at the start of July. Employees can work partime and furlough will still be paid by govt for the balance of time. It’s possible I have got my timings wrong and that may be from 1st Aug.

It is possible from 1st July, but I don't believe that Thistle have exploited this option and all players and staff (excluding Docherty) are still on full furlough. If McCall was back at work I would have thought we would have heard from him on the official site before now. That said, Scott Allison must be back at work to have issued the statement on the Youth Academy, so maybe McCall is back at work

13 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

It is possible from 1st July, but I don't believe that Thistle have exploited this option and all players and staff (excluding Docherty) are still on full furlough. If McCall was back at work I would have thought we would have heard from him on the official site before now. That said, Scott Allison must be back at work to have issued the statement on the Youth Academy, so maybe McCall is back at work

Dare we hope that McCall doesn't come back?

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Thats a very reasonable point - having said that Docherty appeared to choose us than stick with Ayr United

I suspect that lots of players will be faced with the option of League One or nothing. The question is how many will want League One full time as opposed to part time which may be a better option for many in the current climate

31 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He'll be back in time to model the away strip. :borat:   (then we'd we'd know what it would look like on most Jags fan's bodies)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

If they are furloughed, they can't do any work for Partick Thistle, not even promotional. That is why Ross Docherty did all the modeling of the new kit as he is the only fully paid player.

As from 1st July you can use your employees part time and furlough will make up the difference up to 80%

2 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Paton tweeted more familiar faces to come. Was erskine not linked with them a few weeks back.

Squiddy and Doolan , getting bankrolled by the Kean family who are builders .

They’ve got planning permission for a new stadium near Langlands in East Kilbride if they get up to the SPFL

Looks like they’re going for it .

9 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Squiddy and Doolan , getting bankrolled by the Kean family who are builders .

They’ve got planning permission for a new stadium near Langlands in East Kilbride if they get up to the SPFL

Looks like they’re going for it .

EK could reunite our Chamionship winning team...